error code: 8002A548

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by thelastguy (12030 posts) -

keep getting this code when playing online. Sometimes it also said connection to psn network has been disconnected

#2 Posted by mobius1979 (690 posts) -
make sure that MEDIA SERVER is DISABLE in network settings, and check ur NAT type
#3 Posted by thelastguy (12030 posts) -
Media Server is Disabled and NAT is type 2
#4 Posted by RoganSarine (1490 posts) -
I get the same problem... But I dunno about the error. I never really payed attention to the error :P
#5 Posted by thelastguy (12030 posts) -
since this is a common problem does anyone know the solution?
#6 Posted by teebeenz (4362 posts) -
Put your PS3 in DMZ, your PS3 should never ever be behind the routers protection.
#7 Posted by thelastguy (12030 posts) -

Put your PS3 in DMZ, your PS3 should never ever be behind the routers protection.teebeenz

thnx man its working now:D

#8 Posted by JWet28 (35 posts) -
What is DMZ?
#9 Posted by JWet28 (35 posts) -
What is DMZ?
#10 Posted by thelastguy (12030 posts) -
nevermind i still have the problem after putting the ps3 in DMZ. Is there anyone else?
#11 Posted by darhamb (85 posts) -
NO BIG DEAL SERVER PROBLEM
#12 Posted by thelastguy (12030 posts) -

NO BIG DEAL SERVER PROBLEMdarhamb

oh so its either my ISPs fault or the Sony's? Not mine?

#13 Posted by darhamb (85 posts) -
RIGHT!!!!
#14 Posted by Valkirye22 (130 posts) -

ok, so now i can only wait for the big brains in PS to fix it... cool...

#15 Posted by M0wen10 (7555 posts) -

yeah, its a real pain when that comes up

#16 Posted by trigerman123 (2 posts) -

anybody know how to fix this?

#17 Posted by EmperorSupreme (7661 posts) -
What is DMZ?JWet28
DMZ is a setting on routers that essentially opens all ports. I set my router this way for my PS3 too, this way I don't have to worry about matchmaking in games. As far as the error codes go, you can tell that some real geeks programmed the PS3. Instead of an error that reads "You may need to adjust your port settings" you get "error code ******** " :)
#18 Posted by GeneralHawx (1853 posts) -
I get this error occasionally my quick fix is usually just sign back on again and it should work, it happen to me when I was playing MW2 and I signed back in and it didn't disconnect the game
#19 Posted by Bl0nde (20 posts) -

This keeps hapening to me when I play COD MW2 online every 3 games and wont connect back for half an hour-ish!! This is a real problem coz I cant finish my games and increase my score. There are 3 PS3 in the house - 2 with this problem and 1 wont connect to the internet at all!! The actual internet access seems fine coz my laptop never looses connection, its just the (2) PS3. Anyone any idea why this is? Thanks

#20 Posted by yourtimeisup85 (5 posts) -
i keep gettine error code 8002a548 any suggestions on how 2 fix it?
#21 Posted by yourtimeisup85 (5 posts) -
i keep gettin error code 8002a548 how do i fix it?
#22 Posted by roadkill88 (2313 posts) -

Its a problem on Sonys end, they're fixing it.

#23 Posted by yourtimeisup85 (5 posts) -
are you having the same problem?
#24 Posted by yourtimeisup85 (5 posts) -
are you having the same problem?
#25 Posted by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

Yes it seems everyone is getting either PSN has timedout or the 8002a548 error. Which means PSN is down. Might want to check the other thread. This thread dates back to 2007.

#26 Posted by SnoozeTD (5 posts) -

i keep gettine error code 8002a548 any suggestions on how 2 fix it?yourtimeisup85

PS NETWORK IS DOWN , PS ENGINEERS ARE ALL OVER IT. SONY IS AWARE OF THE OUTAGE.

#27 Posted by yourtimeisup85 (5 posts) -
appreciate it guys i figures it wasnt me but u never know lol
#28 Posted by irishcubmpm73 (1 posts) -
Sorry boss, It's a PSN thing...not everyone is down, but from the sounds of it, N.America has people down. I am not sure if it is 100% down in this area, but I have read reports about people being up in the UK. PSN official thread says they have isolated the issue and are optimistic that they will have it fixed (soon). We will see.
#29 Posted by oddozz62 (45 posts) -

an error has occured . you have been signed out of the playstation network (8002A548) :(

#30 Posted by kyle1822chris (1 posts) -
i got this error code how do i fix it pls help if you can
#31 Posted by battlenut76 (1 posts) -
I have the issue also, but the only time I have this issue is while playing games. My PS3 fold constantly while not gaming and it never disconnects from the internet. As for should never be behind a router, that is absolutely absurd. My console has been behind the router since it was plugged in and never had this issue before this last update.
#32 Posted by hasson55 (1 posts) -
how to put my ps3 to DMZ