Error 80028E06: Failed to Connect to Internet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HyruleanLink (5221 posts) -
I have been trying to connect the PS3 to the Internet and I keep getting this error code. The IP address has succeeded but Internet connection failed. How do I fix this so I can connect?
#2 Posted by EABGamer (239 posts) -

pull the plug out of the modem and plug it in count to like 10 wait for booting up if your ps3 is already on that error will pop up but you are connected sign in

#3 Posted by HyruleanLink (5221 posts) -

pull the plug out of the modem and plug it in count to like 10 wait for booting up if your ps3 is already on that error will pop up but you are connected sign in

EABGamer
What plug are you referring to? I am kinda confused by "if your PS3 is already on that error will pop up."
#4 Posted by EABGamer (239 posts) -

[QUOTE="EABGamer"]

HyruleanLink

What plug are you referring to? I am kinda confused by "if your PS3 is already on that error will pop up."

the plug that your ethernet is connected to you have to reset that. that error i seen before but when it pops up your ps3 is already on. meaning you turned it on and are sitting in your menu. then you unplug your modem or whatever that box is and connect it to your ps3. the lights light up one by one on your box and its connects to your ps3. some pop up with a error in the right hand corner saying it failed with them numbers comes up but it didn't. your connected.

#5 Posted by EABGamer (239 posts) -

the plug you are pulling out from you box is the power supply NOT the ethernet cord. turn the whole box off all the lights will go off then count to 10. plug the power cord for your box back in. the lights will light up one by one then stick your ethernet cord into your ps3. if your ps3 is on while you do this that error will still pop up but IGNORE it you are connected.

maybe thats better lol. i sux at explaining things lol.

#6 Posted by HyruleanLink (5221 posts) -

the plug you are pulling out from you box is the power supply NOT the ethernet cord. turn the whole box off all the lights will go off then count to 10. plug the power cord for your box back in. the lights will light up one by one then stick your ethernet cord into your ps3. if your ps3 is on while you do this that error will still pop up but IGNORE it you are connected.

maybe thats better lol. i sux at explaining things lol.

EABGamer
:( I followed the intructions to the exact and still no go unless I did it wrong. This is a huge disappoint with BF3 and other games coming out.