EA Access will only give you 6 hours of Madden 15 demo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Link

Is anyone surprised by EA?

Last month, EA surprised games with the announcement of its new PlayStation Plus-esque digital game service, EA Access, which will not only provide gamers with the ability to access and download older EA titles from “the Vault,” but also get the chance to try out several of EA’s new releases prior to their official release. However, that time with those select new titles may be very limited, according to the latest developments.

EA Access’s Twitter account confirmed that when Madden NFL 15 is made available through the EA Access subscription service, players will be limited to “six gameplay hours” with the title, though the publisher did not clarify whether this means time spent actually playing the game, or gameplay time in total, whether the game is paused, players spend time with in-game menus, etc.

Madden NFL 15 releases for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and Xbox 360 on August 26th, 2014 – stay tuned for more information on when to expect the EA Access demo for the title on Xbox One, which should (presumably) arrive by the end of this week.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This doesn't really belong in this forum as Sony turned down EA Access.

Either way, I don't care for EA's games so this service never interested me. EA pulling a fast one repeatedly as time goes on won't surprise me either.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: I don't trust ea either and it makes It easy for me to not get Madden this yr. I can't wait until 2k gets back into the market to give us true football with creativity and major yrly updates

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Listen EA was and is being called all the names under the sun, with there dodgey and poor developed games which alot have become stale and cash grabs, and there free to play games are just cash ins and they were rated worst company and now all of a sudden everyone is in love with this, it's just a fad to get more money

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

@SolidTy said:

This doesn't really belong in this forum as Sony turned down EA Access.

Either way, I don't care for EA's games so this service never interested me. EA pulling a fast one repeatedly as time goes on won't surprise me either.

But it's still Sony related, because this re-enforces the fact that sony did the right thing

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Did you expect them to give the brand new Madden game away as part of a 30 dollar a year subscription? I sure as hell didn't expect that, and don't expect that with any new EA games.

And to echo was Ty said, this is not relevant to this forum. :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@bezza2011 said:

Listen EA was and is being called all the names under the sun, with there dodgey and poor developed games which alot have become stale and cash grabs, and there free to play games are just cash ins and they were rated worst company and now all of a sudden everyone is in love with this, it's just a fad to get more money

EA Access is a rip off imho

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Yep, i knew there had to be a catch somewhere with their service. Sony was smart to wait and see public reaction to the service once more details surfaced.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Doesn't belong here since the service is not available on any Sony platform.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@MarcRecon said:

Yep, i knew there had to be a catch somewhere with their service. Sony was smart to wait and see public reaction to the service once more details surfaced.

Ì think PS Now will be a much better service as long as the prices aren't that bad. EA Access seems like a joke now

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MarcRecon said:

Ì think PS Now will be a much better service as long as the prices aren't that bad. EA Access seems like a joke now

How is it a joke? You get unlimited access to the games that will be on the vault for 5 dollars a month. As opposed paying 5 bucks for a couple of hours of ONE game on PS Now. Plus you will get 6 hours of early access to FULL games. Plus 10% discount on purchases. What's the joke?

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

How is it "pulling a fast one" because you made an assumption about the trial length when nothing was announced? Especially since you already seem cautious of EA's business practices.

It remains to be seen if the service will be worth the cost. With the 10% off, you break even if you buy 5 of EA's games throughout the year, and that doesn't include the games that get added to the Vault. Whether that is worth it or not will depend on what games are in the Vault and the individual.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MarcRecon said:

How is it a joke? You get unlimited access to the games that will be on the vault for 5 dollars a month. As opposed paying 5 bucks for a couple of hours of ONE game on PS Now. Plus you will get 6 hours of early access to FULL games. Plus 10% discount on purchases. What's the joke?

PS Now isn't done yet, and there will be a monthly sub for it. EA Access needs you to buy games for 300 bucks each year to make it profitable for consumers. All of the games in the vault will be way cheaper than 30 bucks

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MethodManFTW

@The_Last_Ride said:

All of the games in the vault will be way cheaper than 30 bucks

Certainly not true right now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

So you're saying to me, you can't find Battlefield 4 for 30 bucks anywhere? Not even pc? Hell the discount is free on Origin mate...

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MethodManFTW

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

So you're saying to me, you can't find Battlefield 4 for 30 bucks anywhere? Not even pc? Hell the discount is free on Origin mate...

EA Access is not on PC (or any Sony platforms for that matter...).

I am saying you can't find Battlefield 4, Peggle 2, Madden 25, and Fifa 14 on Xbox One for cheaper than thirty dollars.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I thought it was 6 hours if the full game.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MethodManFTW

@AutoPilotOn said:

I thought it was 6 hours if the full game.

You get basically a 6 hour unrestricted demo of games before they come out.. You can even carry over your progress from that 6 hours to the retail game.. However, they aren't going to give you brand new games for free as soon as they come out for $30 a year obviously..

Stuff that goes in the vault is what you get unrestricted access to.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AutoPilotOn

Doesn't sound bad to me. I wish it was cross platform for ps4 and xbox 1 I would definitely get it then. If they allow 6 hour unrestricted "demos" of all games that would be amazing. It's very rare I play a game for longer than that anyways. Especially in just 5 days.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I am saying you can't find Battlefield 4, Peggle 2, Madden 25, and Fifa 14 on Xbox One for cheaper than thirty dollars.

So you will tell me you can't find a BF 4 for less than 30 bucks in say a few months?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MethodManFTW

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

So you will tell me you can't find a BF 4 for less than 30 bucks in say a few months?

Probably? But still, you could say that about any game at any time as far as a games value goes... Also, you are still ignore the other three games.

Is it something I would personally subscribe to? No, I buy all the games I want right when they come out.. and I don't have an Xbox One!

But if was a new Xbox One owner interested in sports games and shooters (that encompasses a TON of people that play games that don't post on these forums) I'd say it is a pretty good deal right now.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MethodManFTW

@AutoPilotOn said:

Doesn't sound bad to me. I wish it was cross platform for ps4 and xbox 1 I would definitely get it then. If they allow 6 hour unrestricted "demos" of all games that would be amazing. It's very rare I play a game for longer than that anyways. Especially in just 5 days.

They do something similar on Origin where they make a ton of different games free for 48 hours.. Granted when you get six free hours of a game (pre-release) that timer starts when you launch the game and does not stop when you turn off your console.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Probably? But still, you could say that about any game at any time as far as a games value goes... Also, you are still ignore the other three games.

Is it something I would personally subscribe to? No, I buy all the games I want right when they come out.. and I don't have an Xbox One!

But if was a new Xbox One owner interested in sports games and shooters (that encompasses a TON of people that play games that don't post on these forums) I'd say it is a pretty good deal right now.

PS Now could be a way better program if there is a subscription program

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AutoPilotOn

@MethodManFTW: oh so it 6 hours from first launch not game time? That sucks. I was hoping you could spread it out over say an hour a day.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MethodManFTW

@AutoPilotOn said:

@MethodManFTW: oh so it 6 hours from first launch not game time? That sucks. I was hoping you could spread it out over say an hour a day.

Actually i'm wrong.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MethodManFTW

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

PS Now could be a way better program if there is a subscription program

Maybe? Maybe EA throws every non current year game in the vault? Who knows.

Have you played any games on PS Now since it went into open beta? I was in the private beta and it was ok, not great.. I played some Dead Island Riptide and it was mostly ok but you can definitely feel a slight amount of input lag.. Can't even imagine playing a fighting game on PS Now..

I am going to rent MGS4 at some point to test out the servers now that presumably more people are using PS Now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@MethodManFTW: I'm in europe, so no i haven't

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

EA Access = Rip off. Glad Sony said no but, hell no to this gimmick. I'm a big BF4 fan and I'm finding out that a lot of my friends on ps4 that have a EA access subscription on another console. They told me that you get BF4 with a 10% discount on dlc. I was like that is such a rip off anyone who is a big BF4 fan can tell you battlefield isn't the same without add on maps or premium. You would expect they would give you everything for that game while you are subscribing to their service. But, I guess not. Just another way for EA to milk their games. Horrible idea EA Access = Rip off.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Last_Ride

@gcfreak898 said:

EA Access = Rip off. Glad Sony said no but, hell no to this gimmick. I'm a big BF4 fan and I'm finding out that a lot of my friends on ps4 that have a EA access subscription on another console. They told me that you get BF4 with a 10% discount on dlc. I was like that is such a rip off anyone who is a big BF4 fan can tell you battlefield isn't the same without add on maps or premium. You would expect they would give you everything for that game while you are subscribing to their service. But, I guess not. Just another way for EA to milk their games. Horrible idea EA Access = Rip off.

Not to mention you have to shell out 300 bucks to make it worth it