This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MoreCowbell6924 (586 posts) -

Are there or will there be any good dungeon crawlers for PS3. I was wondering mostly because the 360 doesn't have any good ones and I believe Sony had a hand in the Champions of Norrath games which were awesome. Also I'm not talking action RPG with super heroes like Marvel Ultimate alliance; I'm talking games like Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance andChampions of Norrath

#2 Posted by l8bitz (3251 posts) -
Oblvion has some good Dungeon Crawlling moments, and there seems to be tons of randomly places caves and temples and things to explore.
#3 Posted by dewmandew7 (4152 posts) -

Oblvion has some good Dungeon Crawlling moments, and there seems to be tons of randomly places caves and temples and things to explore.l8bitz

I'm pretty sure that's not what he means by "Dungeon Crawler". You could try Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom. It's really the only one out besides Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I wouldn't be able to tell you if it's any good... never played any games like this. I think there may be a demo on the PSN.

#4 Posted by outbreak201 (8372 posts) -

[QUOTE="l8bitz"]Oblvion has some good Dungeon Crawlling moments, and there seems to be tons of randomly places caves and temples and things to explore.dewmandew7

I'm pretty sure that's not what he means by "Dungeon Crawler". You could try Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom. It's really the only one out besides Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I wouldn't be able to tell you if it's any good... never played any games like this. I think there may be a demo on the PSN.

no demo and i havent played it ...yet.. i got it for $20 on the interwebs and its on its way...i loved untold legends brother of the blade on psp tho ...thats why i got this one at a cheaper price

#5 Posted by ianuilliam (4955 posts) -

Oblvion has some good Dungeon Crawlling moments, and there seems to be tons of randomly places caves and temples and things to explore.l8bitz

Completely different style of game though. Dark Kingdom was more like the style of game he's talking about. I read some poor reviews for it, but I never played it. If there are any new Champions of Norath games, they will be ps3 though, since CoN is based off Everquest, which is owned by Sony Online Entertainment. I wouldn't mind a new BG: Dark Alliance game either. Maybe after DnD 4th edition comes out, which should be in a few months.

#6 Posted by l8bitz (3251 posts) -

[QUOTE="l8bitz"]Oblvion has some good Dungeon Crawlling moments, and there seems to be tons of randomly places caves and temples and things to explore.ianuilliam

Completely different style of game though. Dark Kingdom was more like the style of game he's talking about. I read some poor reviews for it, but I never played it. If there are any new Champions of Norath games, they will be ps3 though, since CoN is based off Everquest, which is owned by Sony Online Entertainment. I wouldn't mind a new BG: Dark Alliance game either. Maybe after DnD 4th edition comes out, which should be in a few months.

Yeah I know the gameplay is much different from your DnD style game, but it really just reminded me of the same sorts of atmospheres and excitement during some of those parts.

And besides, Oblivion is a great game to get on its own :P

#7 Posted by dkreview4u (2 posts) -
I felt the same need a dungeon crawler! so i got dark kingdom used for cheap....It has a few puzzles which was unexpected and cool. But the combat gameplay is verrrrrry repetitive about 30 mins and you've seen 80% of the content. Nonetheless if you can get it used why not it'll satisfy the need for awhile.
#8 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance comes out in April on PSN.
#9 Posted by dkreview4u (2 posts) -
Whoa, just looked at date of posts. Sorry about the that, but has the variety changed since 08?
#10 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
Whoa, just looked at date of posts. Sorry about the that, but has the variety changed since 08?dkreview4u
Nope. The list basically begins and ends with Sacred 2, which is a fine game with some clunky interface stuff. But it's the only real Champions of Norrath / Dark Alliance type game. The 360's lineup is equally barren, though XBLA is getting Torchlight this year.