DualShock Controller won't turn on

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SickBoy724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SickBoy724
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am having some troubles with my DualShock controller.

My controller will not turn on when it's plugged or unplugged. No lights show up when its unplugged, and the 4 lights at the top blink when it is plugged in, but nothing woud happen with the PS button. I tried reseting it with that tiny recessed button on the back, but nothing still.

I just bought the PS3 this late last August or early last September, so all of my hardware is pretty new.

Thank you,

SickBoy724

SickBoy724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SickBoy724

I left my system on to charge the controller, and still nothing. :/

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

I left my system on to charge the controller, and still nothing. :/

SickBoy724

Did you let the controller charge completely? If it was totally dead it might need some time. Not turning on when not plugged in says to me totally dead. Four blinking lights usually mean charging or trying to sync up wireless with the system when on. Sometimes I turn my controller on before the system. If I get side tracked and do not get the system on the controller just blinks and then goes off.

thaoimage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thaoimage
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts
[QUOTE="SickBoy724"]

Hi everyone,

I am having some troubles with my DualShock controller.

My controller will not turn on when it's plugged or unplugged. No lights show up when its unplugged, and the 4 lights at the top blink when it is plugged in, but nothing woud happen with the PS button. I tried reseting it with that tiny recessed button on the back, but nothing still.

I just bought the PS3 this late last August or early last September, so all of my hardware is pretty new.

Thank you,

SickBoy724

Sounds like you need a firmware update. I'm not sure where to get the update but you might want to check the PS forums. There's more information there and it is PS3 specific.
SickBoy724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SickBoy724

It was the only controller I had, so I couldn't do the update. I went to Gamestop, and the guy working there swapped it out with a dead PS3 they had in the back. It worked fine when I plugged it into my PS3.
Sony wanted me to send it in, while paying for the shipping and packaging, so I said screw that.

Thanks for the help.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

It was the only controller I had, so I couldn't do the update. I went to Gamestop, and the guy working there swapped it out with a dead PS3 they had in the back. It worked fine when I plugged it into my PS3.
Sony wanted me to send it in, while paying for the shipping and packaging, so I said screw that.
Thanks for the help.

SickBoy724

Glad you worked it out bro, it would really suck if you payed all that money to send it in for such an easy fix. Anyways, enjoy your gaming.