Dualshock 4 Bluetooth always on ? Please help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

motopram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By motopram
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

Hi There

Just got my PS4 today, plugged it all in and the Bluetooth signal seems to remain on whether the controller is plugged into with the USB cable or not. I need to avoid all bluetooth and wi-fi for health reasons to the point where i can't keep the PS4 if i can't turn bluetooth off. Is this a fault with my console, bug in the software or just the way it is this generation.

I assumed it was the same as the PS3, cable attached bluetooth goes off.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers!
Leo

motopram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 motopram

Also if the DS4 can only be wireless doesn't it render the PS4 useless at MLG tournaments, is it just me or if this a massive oversight by Sony. I'm really hoping this is just a bug that will get patched.

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

The system is great but I believe the blue tooth on the DS4 is always on even when it's plugged it. I'm sorry to hear about your health reasons. I would check the manual on the ps4. You can get it on the system itself.

benz1980i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 benz1980i
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts

Go to the settings menu then power saving settings. You can set to turn the controller off after a time limit of no use. Also set network on or off when the ps4 is off (on allows updates to download)

motopram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By motopram

Unfortunately it looks like there is no way around it at this stage. Thanks for the replies.

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/forums/t/PS4-unusable-for-big-tournaments-8808908?p=5345805...