This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

Either I really suck at driving or the car AI is too aggressive and the fast cars lose contriol far too much around corners. I was playing the game on semi pro then went to amateur and I still suck at driving. I just got the game today and I'm at level 8 but losing a lot of races almost in last place. I am really not enjoying myself. I am a plus member and sick of waiting for the free version. Thank goodness I bought a used copy for almost certain I will be returning the game for a refund.

I know alot of of you nerds think it's a crime to take advantage of GameStop best store policy of returning used items within 7 days of purchase just because u may not like the game. Or even better if you like the game but don't think its worth the price and you can finish the game within the 7 day return policy. You know best buy also has a return policy for 14 days for all of their electronic items also. I don't think it applies to open video games.

Hey I try not to play with the GameStop policy but games lately aren't worth the money. The only game coming out this yr that I would pay full price and keep it is gta5. I hope LBP 3, AC unity will be worth AAA price but it's hard to say so far. I think its even more advantagous to do this at GameStop just for the fact game developers are abandoning demos. How many AAA demos have we gotten this yr? I am not trying to justify using GameStop for their return policy I am just doing everything in my rights according to what they allow me to do.

I hope next Tuesday the psn free version of driveclub doesn't come out so it want feel a waste of gas driving out of my ways to go (rent) this game from GameStop. If their is any consolation, to the anal people who think it's sacraligious for me to do this. I did get the rewards card and got another $5 off the game plus subscription to gamein former and the regular discounts you get from purchasing used games. So I ended up paying $49.49 for the games( same price as digital game, plus $15 for the pro rewards card.

I may join a club to play online but so far I maynot bother since I am not enjoying myself in single player. I give the game a 6/10. The graphic slook good but gameplay just feels too irratic. I think I prefer driving cars in Gta and games with missions than race tracks. I don't have Xbox one but I have a sinking feeling fora is way funnier game. Driveclub may grow on me if I figure out how to drift and hit the curbs better and avoid these maniac AI drivers.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

So you suck at driving...

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ewalthour

@GTR12: I usually drive well in games where u actually have to maneuver in traffic. I haven't played a track racing game for a long time. I maybe rusty but I played enough to believe the games AI is overly aggressive and it feels almost the same in ameuter and semi pro mode.

I've made first place a few times starting out in the tournament. I can't stand ganes where one mistake or getting clipped by AI driver ruins your chance to win first place.

So i guess u are a pro nascar driver? What is your points and stars in the game?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@ewalthour said:

@GTR12: I usually drive well in games where u actually gave to maneuver in traffic. I haven't played a track racing game for s long time. I maybe rusty but I played enough to believe the games AI is overly aggressive and it feels almost the same in ameuter and semi pro mode.

So i guess u are a pro nascar driver? What is your points and stars in the game?

I don't have a PS4 but I have played Driveclub, its not my type of game really (an arcade racer), but the AI isn't overly aggressive IMO, it matches your driving style, if you are aggressive, they are aggressive. If you are calm, they are calm.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

project cars got delayed so all we have for a while is the crew... lets hope it turns out well.

rafc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 rafc84
Member since 2014 • 61 Posts

You suck at driving...

the first levels on driclub i came first most of the times... then it got more difficult... and the AI is not that agressive like everyone says

i knew i would like the game because i like "GRID" and they are similar (ish)....

if you like burnout, blur, and games like that, or simulators like Gran turismo (personally i get bored of it after a while) , then you wont like driveclub...

and for the car loosing control... well, thats up to how you drive it... some drift more, some not, depends how you accelerate or brake, etc...

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ewalthour

@rafc84: like I said I will try the get the controls down. The yellow car we got as free dlc( ? Mercedes's) I think slides way to easy but is the fastest car so far. I am not talking about losing controls just on turns but also on straight aways. It's a challenging game that I haven given up yet.

redalert2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 redalert2004
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

you suck at driving... FACT

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

The game gets much much better as you progress to the better cars . I really enjoy the game and the few online races I managed to connect to were a lot of fun.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ewalthour

@Videodogg: I am actually getting better so therefore I sm enjoying it. I am better around curves which is where skills takes place. I am not in a club yet so I played in face off. I think that is fun also. My level is 11 in single player. I played online last night and can tell the server still lags. While u are next to care the frame rate is smooth but I can see cars from far off look jittery in motion.

Now I will rate the hand a 7/10 but once servers are good and weather effects with camera mode comes the game could easily get a 8/10.

If evolution was actually going to compensate us for the bad launch who bought the game. Giving us the dlc season pass would be great and incentive to keep the game.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@ewalthour: I spoke to a gamestop representative and he told me the game was pretty much dull. He said it looks good but that's about it. What a disappointment. Sorry about your experience.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ewalthour

@RimacBugatti: i played today and couldn't get online. If I continue to have issues then the game will be back in the store.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i've liked it so far

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@ewalthour: so your enjoying it now then lol, anyway sherlock holmes???? Have you played it

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: I like the bones of what driveclub has but it's overall disappointment due to the servers. Last nights played online once I got knock out online at least 3-4 times. Now I have that uneasy feeling and lack of confidence I can stay online. I am returning the game today and hope in the future to get the free version and Sony and evolution get their crap together.

I bought used copy of Sherlock Holmes and finished it then returned it backup GameStop. lol ...,, I really don't want to play the used copy(rent ) game but I am tired of these mediocre games and don't want to be stuck and not able to get good value for returning a new copy.

So bezz , did u get driveclub or waiting for user reviews? What games do you plan to get by end of yr? I do plan to get gta 5 and keep it but AC unity is a big maybe and lbp3 is also based on reviews. Far cry probably good but tired of first person games.

Sherlock had good conversation but bad execution such as load times for every double backing to a another location inconsistent graphics and the actual stories werent good compared to the last sherlock holmes. I thought with the new engine I would not only see a huge bump in graphics but a seemless and more interactive experience. The plots were predictable as well. The game is worth $40 like it use to be not $60. Graphics alone aren't enough to justify $60 buck AAA price.

Sherlock Holmes also had clunky movement just like last game and at times hard to navigate his stiff behind to interact with objects.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bezza2011

Well I'm getting DriveClub and lbp3 on my quest to own all exclusives this gen but gonna wait it out till Christmas and get used copies. My plan was to get sherlock but I don't think I'll bother now, so I'll get the new wwe game and that could be it this year, I have seen that an motocross game has come out so might get that, used to love them games, a bit of a poor end of the year really

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ewalthour

@bezza2011:

:Well we are on the same page of waiting to buy anymore games until the Black Friday. I am hoping to get a deal like last yr, which was buy 2 get one free. If I get that deal then I am not going to wait until the game is used.

I have a ipad air so I got the free first episode of both walking dead 1+2. I liked walking dead one first episode but saw the bump in graphics to season 2 and ended up buying the entire season 2 for $15. I did see the ending to walking dead 1 when I started playing the first (free) episode from season 2. At first I thought about never playing the entire season 1 since I knew who died etc but I read how season 1 was better than season 2. I did like season 2 due to it looking better and seeing the girl grow up a little but I just wanted to see the entire series. So I ended up going backwards, so to speak and paid $20 w/ the extra episode for walking dead season 1. I do agree its a better story with inferior graphic compared to season2 but I just love to see the progress and maturity of the characters. So, I find other games worth playing since ps4 is just not really offering top notch games lately. Plus if I bought the ps4 version of the walking dead I read the game was barely upgraded from the PC version not to mention it cost more.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bezza2011

@ewalthour: I never could get into the walking dead games, it may of been because i never watched the series until now, but I honestly couldn't get into it, I found the voice acting and the whole thing just not my cup of tea and just never got back into it, I may pick it back up on PS4 if i can get them used and try and get into it. graphics wise, I'm just going to admit it now, I'm a bit of a graphics whore for games these days and they did put me off.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: I am a graphic whore as well but I like different looking graphics with cell shade etc. I like the walking dead game series but don't look at the show. I don't like horror games anymore. The walking dead game isn't scary since its in cell shade, plus the game is more about the story and survival and coping with losing friends etc.

I wouldn't buy a game for $60 if the graphics aren't up to par. So this is why I habe been buying the $15 to $20 games lately. I hope soon a game will be worth $60 soon. I dnld the new PSN update this morning and I can check out the share play before buying games LOL. We need to hook up as friends if you are down. I will be honest that I have no games other than NBA 2k14. I have given away everything and hope to build my library with worth while games to keep.

EDIT: I do have digital games like the valiant heart , chess, Dead Nation, pure pool so at least I have some games you may want to check out online. LOL

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bezza2011

@ewalthour: does share play count for games you have on disc, really need to upgrade my harddrive, I mean shareplay ain't the greatest if a person only has a few games installed, and i've had to delete games off my PS4 because of lack of storage already lol, I need a new game to buy, I'm thinking of shadow of mordor, I'd say DriveClub but end of the day it was the weather which attracted me to that racing game and still have no sign of when it's coming.

I will add you tonight, is your psn name ewalthour?? might get the pool game to beat you hahaha

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011:

I think you should be able to play each other either if player has disc or digital. My name is ESERMON on psn+. I have 200 gigs on my storage since I still don't have a ton of game yet or shall I say kept. I promise I want be harassing you online etc. I need a great game before I will be doing multiplayer on a regular. I know you have a child or children so I assume you have to pick your spots to play. Since you have more games than me I may be your quest on shareplay more than the other way around. I will have no problem sharing games when I get them. I will pass on shadow of modor but GTA 5 is going to be hard to resist and Unity and LBP 3 I may give a try based on reviews.

I know you like sports but nba live is probably crap again based on some news I read on flipboard. Its better than last yr but not by much. At least we get a demo for it tonight in US region.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bezza2011

@ewalthour: Trying to get on is a piece of art in my house until I sort my gaming situation out in another room, it just so happens the main room where my PS4 is situated in, is the room my mrs likes to watch all of her programs so my game time is very limited to non existent, but i try my best. I got Shadow Of Mordor this morning and I'm enjoying my play still trying to get used to the controls, it isn't that it's hard, it's trying to pull of executions on the fly, something like R2 and square when there down but circle and triangle if there just dazed lol some people may find it easy but dam trying to remember mid battle with enemies around you is a challenge for me lol, graphics are ok but not amazing, I'd say it's top end PS3. I do Enjoy sports games I'm more of a Fifa fan but that's due to being in the UK and a fan of Football/Soccer, I tried NBA 2k14 but god it so confusing and hard to defend, I think I need to get MLB: The Show because it's an exclusive so I'll need to import it, and again not huge on baseball because it isn't a sport over here. do you still have DriveClub, if you do, your best putting it away and waiting for the whole weather dlc when it comes out, I think your'll enjoy it a little more.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ewalthour

@bezza2011: so the mrs has lock down the Tele huh? Lol thats how you say tv right? I got rid of drive club and plan to wait when they get their act together. If I even get it back. I am off put by evolution and Sony.

So I want to check out mordor. I still didn't get friend invite. I bought second tv last thanksgiving just so I have a tv to myself and wife can watch her hallmark movies. So I can play anytime I want.

I like soccer but haven't spent the time to understand rules so cant fully enjoy it. I actually like PES from konami more than Fifa.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bezza2011

@ewalthour: Sorry mate will add you as soon as I have time to get on the PS4 lol, Busy life I have at the moment.

I think your wise for selling DriveClub until the dlc comes out and they fix there issues, I'm still bitter and baffled why they decided to put out a pretty bog standard racer compared to there MotorStorm Franchise, I know the last game wasn't on par but the first game and pacific rim were one of the best arcade racers ever and it had no competition at all, it was in a genre all on it's own, I couldn't even imagine what they could of done with the hardware, when you look at how good the first game was graphically.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i rent it graphically its gorgeous game overall great game

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I don't know if I'm the only one but I am honestly enjoying the game.. Apart from the visuals, I like the fast paced racing and varied tracks..

As for multiplayer I had no issues lately, even yesterday spent a little over an hour and all races ran smoothly..

Anyone believes reviewers went a bit too hard on the game? Surely it released with some issues but the game offer great tracks, a reasonable amount of vehicles and typical game modes one would expect from a racing game..

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

the game, when it works, is a decent title, but it brings nothing new (or recent like at least an open world, where you can just cruise around, discover, etc.) to the table... the races are decent but the ai is horrendous, well i reckon if one is used to dirty racing (not dancing) tactics like bumping into other cars all the time or in a curve to push them out to gain a spot, then the ai is just fine... i have reached level 22 within three days of the release date and i could not drive without an ai opponent (since the network did not work at that time, i had no other choice) pushing me out of the track all the time, and i take pride in my clean driving skills, where i brake not to hit anyone, lose time, and when i try to overtake the same car, it just rams me off the track, which became frustrating pretty quickly... i couldn't unlock the cars which are dependent on a club membership, since the clubs did not work as well, which was again frustrating... i haven't touched the game since then, maybe it might have become better, but i have moved on... :D

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@MondasM: the issues you mentioned are true but I would still give the game a 2nd chance.. I hope a solid community backs the game since problems like AI can be improved with a future update..

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

Shame that this game is a let down. I want to try it out and compare it to Forza Horizon 2, which BTW rocks. Still, the graphics look great in Driveclub but it seems like they released a broken game. And that is after delaying it for months? The developers of Driveclub messed this one up super bad.

CarGamingBlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 CarGamingBlog
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I just hope Evolution Studios can come through this and release a sequel some day with no issues.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@BronxBomber, you can only compare the races since driveclub isn't an open world game, i have tried them both, so far forza horizon 2 is far better, however driveclub's visuals are just by the slightest margin better...

btw, i love open world driving games after playing burnout paradise, which i thought i would not like at all before playing, since then i am sold...

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ewalthour

I am sure you guys read about those who buy driveclub will get the free november Dlc. Also the pic mode is coming out as well this Tuesday. The weather will come out before end of the yr according Twitter info from evolution. The free November dlc is a ok olive branch suggestion but not good enough. I have a feeling most people want buy driveclub for one DLC pack. I think a much better offer is if you buy driveclub online or in the store you get the free season pass. So you save $30 bucks. That will at least get alot of people to pay for the game this holiday. I want the game back since I enjoyed the learning curve and it looks gorgeous. I think the graphics are superb and there is no other driving game I want except for GTA 5.

Evolution is also putting out patches to fix the collision and spin out of control deal. I am going to get the game this holiday but will get it on Black Friday on a deal of 40% off at toys r us or part of the get one free at target. I actually miss the game and was reminded when I played the demo at best buy kiosk last week.