DriveClub Delayed but Plus gets Contrast

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/

SCE Worldwide Studios and the team at Evolution Studios have made the difficult decision to delay the release ofDRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition until early 2014. DRIVECLUB will be a truly innovative, socially connected racing game, but the team requires more time in order to deliver on their vision — and I’m fully confident the game will surpass your expectations.

This decision also affects PlayStation Plus members’ Instant Game Collection for launch. To be clear, DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition will still be part of the Instant Game Collection when it is released. For the PS4 launch, in addition to Resogun, I’m pleased to announce that Contrast, the highly anticipated game from Compulsion Games will also be available to PlayStation Plus members for free as part of Instant Game Collection. If you’re not aware of Contrast, it will whisk you away to a surreal vaudevillian, film-noir inspired reality full of performance, intrigue, shadow-play and drama. Please check out the trailer below. I’m sure you’ll agree that it is unlike anything you will have played before.

We’re also offering members access to an exclusive “Open Weekend” trial of Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer on December 28-29.

We understand that the delay is disappointing news, but can assure you that the reason we have made this decision is to ensure that when DRIVECLUB launches, it will realize the next-gen racing vision. And PlayStation 4 gamers will have no shortage of titles to play this year. At launch alone, we have Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Battlefield 4 to name but a few, as well as the incredible list of indie games coming to PS4. A broad portfolio of games will be available on PS4 before the end of the year, and with games such as inFAMOUS Second Son, The Order 1886, Destiny, Watch Dogs and now DRIVECLUB coming next year, the strength of the software line-up on PS4 is unprecedented.

DRIVECLUB is a really ambitious racing title and the game is looking stunning. The extra time we’re giving the team means the visuals and overall experience are only going to get better. We can assure you that it will be worth the wait.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#2 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

Well, Contrast was already on my wishlist. The art style of the game is just amazing.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

The best part about the delay is, we will still get the Plus portion of Driveclub. Win Win for us.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i am really dissapointed in this my two most anticapeted games are now delayed for my ps4

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Disappointed as I wanted a racing game to play on my ps4, but I guess ill be playing GT6 on ps3 while I wait.

Im still happy with the ps4 line up as it stands.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Well, that's too bad. There's another reason I'll be waiting for 2014 to get the PS4 I guess.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@marcheegsr said:

Disappointed as I wanted a racing game to play on my ps4, but I guess ill be playing GT6 on ps3 while I wait.

I know it's not the same, but there is Need For Speed Rivals

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@marcheegsr said:

Yea I will be getting rivals. Looking at some youtube videos, it's looking quite good.

puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

It kind of seems no one is really bummed out about this and that's me included. I don't know how good Driveclub will be but generally I don't play racing games. Plus we get Contrast instead and even though I knew literally nothing about this game it looks like something I'd be into so It's turned out pretty well for me.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#10 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

Im actually happy at this news since I dont like racing games except Mario Kart, so Contrast is a big welcome in my list

CoUGHB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CoUGHB
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

I'm happy that DC got delayed. I hope that the team can provide an even better racing game by the time it's released. I will really appreciate a good racer early next gen. Need For Speed looks awesome, but the online community for those games always dies pretty fast.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

It makes me sad because I want to play a next gen racing game really bad. But there's always NFS and I actually thought Contrast looked pretty amazing.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@marcheegsr said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@marcheegsr said:

Yea I will be getting rivals. Looking at some youtube videos, it's looking quite good.

Yeah, i will probably get that instead