Downloading ps3 games demo on the computer and transfer them to ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

naveenu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 naveenu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I bought new ps3 & want to try out some demo games on it. But i want to download the demo only onto my PC & then install it in my ps3.

i.e Can i download ps3 games demo on the computer and transfer them to my ps3? As internet is only available in the PC which is in another location from PS3.

Please help me on this.

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts
The PS3 demos are only available directly from the PS3's PlayStation Store. You'll need to pick yourself up a router and get internet to the PS3.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
The PS3 demos are only available directly from the PS3's PlayStation Store. You'll need to pick yourself up a router and get internet to the PS3.lyndonAPI
What he said. I think the 360 has the ability to queue up downloads on the PC and have them download when you turn on the console. I'd like to see that feature implemented with the PS3.
nikgamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 nikgamma
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
Get on ps store
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

[QUOTE="lyndonAPI"]The PS3 demos are only available directly from the PS3's PlayStation Store. You'll need to pick yourself up a router and get internet to the PS3.Canvas_Of_Flesh
What he said. I think the 360 has the ability to queue up downloads on the PC and have them download when you turn on the console. I'd like to see that feature implemented with the PS3.

Yea but that isn't the problem here. The guy doesn't have internet for his console. Only for his pc.

alexh111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 alexh111
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
Well, how does he connect to the internet? I presume his router or modem has an ethernet port, so just hookup an ethernet cable and connect the PS3 to the 'net
alexh111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 alexh111
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
Oops. didn't read the "other location from PS3" - can't the PS3 be moved for a couple hours?
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sa10kun

Oops. didn't read the "other location from PS3" - can't the PS3 be moved for a couple hours?alexh111

Maybe his router is in a location without a tv. That would be kinda hard to move a tv too.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sa10kun

[QUOTE="lyndonAPI"]The PS3 demos are only available directly from the PS3's PlayStation Store. You'll need to pick yourself up a router and get internet to the PS3.Canvas_Of_Flesh

If you think about it the ps3 has that but you start up the dl with the psp through remote play.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"][QUOTE="lyndonAPI"]The PS3 demos are only available directly from the PS3's PlayStation Store. You'll need to pick yourself up a router and get internet to the PS3.sa10kun

If you think about it the ps3 has that but you start up the dl with the psp through remote play.

Yea, I liked that feature. But, unfortunately, you couldn't hardwire the PSP, and if you weren't around a wi-fi signal you were out of luck. As good as the remote play feature was though, it wasn't enough to make me keep my PSP. I got rid of it a few weeks ago.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sa10kun
[QUOTE="sa10kun"]

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"] What he said. I think the 360 has the ability to queue up downloads on the PC and have them download when you turn on the console. I'd like to see that feature implemented with the PS3.Canvas_Of_Flesh

Yea, I liked that feature. But, unfortunately, you couldn't hardwire the PSP, and if you weren't around a wi-fi signal you were out of luck. As good as the remote play feature was though, it wasn't enough to make me keep my PSP. I got rid of it a few weeks ago.

That is true but most people I know with a pc or ps3 have a wireless router.

naveenu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 naveenu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I knew of downloading demo from PS3 but wanted to do that from a PC(which has internet) which is in another location. So the answer to this is NO??? Am i right? Can't I burn the demo onto DVD & run it from PS3? What is the actual problem? Is the size too big or something else? Please comment
hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hassanfadil
Member since 2003 • 1051 Posts
[QUOTE="naveenu"]I knew of downloading demo from PS3 but wanted to do that from a PC(which has internet) which is in another location. So the answer to this is NO??? Am i right? Can't I burn the demo onto DVD & run it from PS3? What is the actual problem? Is the size too big or something else? Please comment

No you can't you can only download the demo from the PS store using the PS3 you can't access the PS store from PC
lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts
Like I said up above, you'll need to get internet to the PS3 to download the demos- that is the only way to get them.