Download PS4 demos?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by pero2008 (2885 posts) -

Where do you go to download the PS4 demos?

#2 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9927 posts) -

PS Store. I believe it is the left-most icon. Then in there find PS4 demos.

#3 Edited by ewalthour (534 posts) -

I could find in thecstore a dedicated area fir new demos. I had to individually look at each game to if a demo was available but no category.

#4 Edited by pero2008 (2885 posts) -

I was looking and found Knack ad it was saying how you can buy the game digitally and said something about a demo but not sure how to download it or even if you can.

#5 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9927 posts) -

I just went to the store on my PS4 and you do have to go to the game you are interested in and if it has a demo it will be listed under the Add to Cart option.

I was confusing it with the online web store. If you sign in with your PSN info, you can queue up downloads for when you turn on your PS4. The following link is to the page with all PS4 demos. Looks right now its only NBA Live, Fifa, and Trine 2. [Store Link]

#6 Posted by pero2008 (2885 posts) -

ok so when i go to one of those games it will say full game $60 i add it to cart to get demo? I don't want to buy the game.

#7 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9927 posts) -

@pero2008 said:

ok so when i go to one of those games it will say full game $60 i add it to cart to get demo? I don't want to buy the game.

You should see three options under the cover art I believe if you go to it from the console.

• Add to Card - this means purchase the full game
  • Try Demo - this means download and play just the demo
  • Overview - takes you to the right to view more information about the game

If you go through the web link I posted, then there should be a separate page for just the demo. If it has a price on the web store, then it's not the demo version.

#8 Posted by ewalthour (534 posts) -

Sony needs to fix Psn with a category for new demos etc instead of looking fir it thru the game icon. Its hard to tell on tuesday when there are new demos or anything new.

On Psn for ps3 this wasn't a issue

#9 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9927 posts) -

Sony needs to fix Psn with a category for new demos etc instead of looking fir it thru the game icon. Its hard to tell on tuesday when there are new demos or anything new.

On Psn for ps3 this wasn't a issue

I completely agree. My best suggestion for now is to use the web store since they do have a section for PS4 demos or follow their blog at http://blog.us.playstation.com where they post all the additions to the store in a nice list every Tuesday when it is released.