download corrupted data: is it possible?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darom14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darom14
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

hey there,

i've got some issues with gt6, i suspect the game data's corrupted (some kind of errors during the intallation.. or something)

and i've got 2 questions:

1. i'm just curious, can the game download corrupted data (cause of errors, connection quality or smth) and succesfully install that corrupted data then? (which will cause problems later)

2. my ps3's connected via sattelite internet, and the download speed is not stable, usually it works in full speed, but sometimes it slows down for a while (but the connection itself is stable, got no disconnects at all)... can one of these slowdowns be a reason for some errors during the downloading? (i mean corrupted data)

i'm just trying to find out when does the game data become corrupted, that theory's my last one)

thaks in advance

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The game didn't download corrupted data, what it sounds like is because your connection is sketchy the system thought that everything was downloading/installing smoothly but maybe in one instance your service dropped and it allocated for a file that was never downloaded. When the game goes to start it's missing that file but it says it's all there so you get the corrupted message.

darom14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By darom14
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Jaysonguy: you mean if smth goes wrong during the downloading i anyway get some kind of notification about it? 'cause i'm able to play the game and has never had any kind of corrupted messages, notifications or smth..

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Well if the game is working and there's a problem it may just be a glitch

darom14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points