This topic is locked from further discussion.

kltan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 kltan88
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
Is there any slightest possibility that DOTA (Defence of the Ancients) can be produced on the PSP?
SGT4EVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 SGT4EVA
Member since 2007 • 1773 Posts
no probably not, to much to explain, but well yea, i dont think it would happen, theres like no games like that for psp, but u can check
Duffman_X86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Duffman_X86
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
lol for some reason i thought u meant the Basshunter song
vicdmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 vicdmx
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts

Never heard of that game anyway--

a

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
I highly doubt it but anything can happen.
kltan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kltan88
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
If it does come out, I am definitely going to buy the game to see how they mesh all the heroes together into the gameplay.
eleaguer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 eleaguer
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
RTS would be extremely hard on PSP. The only thing close to that that I've seen is Warhammer which is turn-based on PSP.
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mosespippy
Member since 2005 • 7501 Posts

Never heard of that game anyway--

a

vicdmx
Probably because it's a mod not a game. DOTA is a Warcraft 3 mod.

I highly doubt there will be DOTA on PSP. Just go play it on your PC. It's even Mac compatable, so you've got no reason to not play it on your home computing system.
Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

1) I dont think they would put a mod of a game on the psp

2) It wouldnt work on consoles, what would make you think that it would work on psp?

superbirdy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 superbirdy2
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts
lol, I actually thought of that before! But no, its not gonna happen. I don't think the PSP's hardware can handle a big game like that, and I told you I thought of it, it would be really hard to control. Anyways there is also the big issue of lag, but I
Yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yorro
Member since 2007 • 715 Posts
Even PSP has it's limitations
badrra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 badrra
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I can happen and it will happen soon as I finish install it. I was able to run several PC games on it. Also downloading other games to demonstrate that it can be done. Others take it with a grain of salt, or a truck load of it hahahhah. I am also trying to run the same games on an iPone/iPOD see how it works. I can sure run it on any PC in the house without any problems evern if the GPU of the does not support it. :)
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

never happen

badrra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 badrra
It just did. Am also running Battle of Wesnoth
More_Dakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#15 More_Dakka
Member since 2007 • 1625 Posts

If a proper control scheme could be worked out- I'd say it could be possible. Just highly unlikely.

badrra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 badrra
I am actually streaming the game to my PSP much like what Onlive and streammygame is currently doing. I made a streaming server out of my linux box and stream the game to my PC at home including PSP. If it has the proper controls? yes it does including a built in keyboard
jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
I can happen and it will happen soon as I finish install it. I was able to run several PC games on it. Also downloading other games to demonstrate that it can be done. Others take it with a grain of salt, or a truck load of it hahahhah. I am also trying to run the same games on an iPone/iPOD see how it works. I can sure run it on any PC in the house without any problems evern if the GPU of the does not support it. :)badrra
LOL. this entire thread is a joke thread. first of all you are putting a pc game into a PSP which can't be done legally at the moment. so by this reason only this thread should be locked. on top of that, i am a very very old dota player who still plays the game and have my own team. dota is a competitive team game(5players vs 5 players) that requires a lot of micro using assigned hotkeys and mouse. using the psp's analog stick like a mouse and be good in that game would be a joke. its great you can put pc games into your psp and play it, you deserve the bragging rights! but dota will never be good on a psp just cuz of hardware limitations. now lock this thread please. it promotes hacking! thanks.
LizLemon_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LizLemon_fan
if there will be a DOTA on psp i'll probably be one of the happiest person in the whole wide world!!! ^_^ haha
LizLemon_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LizLemon_fan
*happiest people
Ulixes_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ulixes_III
Member since 2009 • 290 Posts
Amf! I don't think so
BrideInDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 BrideInDream
Member since 2006 • 2262 Posts
it would be epic!!
badrra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 badrra
[QUOTE="badrra"]I can happen and it will happen soon as I finish install it. I was able to run several PC games on it. Also downloading other games to demonstrate that it can be done. Others take it with a grain of salt, or a truck load of it hahahhah. I am also trying to run the same games on an iPone/iPOD see how it works. I can sure run it on any PC in the house without any problems evern if the GPU of the does not support it. :)jasontdoto
LOL. this entire thread is a joke thread. first of all you are putting a pc game into a PSP which can't be done legally at the moment. so by this reason only this thread should be locked. on top of that, i am a very very old dota player who still plays the game and have my own team. dota is a competitive team game(5players vs 5 players) that requires a lot of micro using assigned hotkeys and mouse. using the psp's analog stick like a mouse and be good in that game would be a joke. its great you can put pc games into your psp and play it, you deserve the bragging rights! but dota will never be good on a psp just cuz of hardware limitations. now lock this thread please. it promotes hacking! thanks.

Excuse me but I never said anything about hacking. I am not promoting piracy here I'm just saying that it can be done with the present technology. Now if you dont want to use it, well and good thats your problem. But if others are interested then they should know how. I guess thats what this thread is all about anyway, then allow us to share our knowledge here. You dont have the right to ask the mods to lock this thread just because you never thought of it or you dont have the ability to do it. If your not interested then thats your problem. If you dont want this thread then dont read it. BTW I dont play the game and i'm certainly not an old hag like you. You dont want change then you can certainly stay inside you're cave and just stay out of the way of progress here. Also you might be playing the game too long now. Get a life buddy.
jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
[QUOTE="jasontdoto"][QUOTE="badrra"]I can happen and it will happen soon as I finish install it. I was able to run several PC games on it. Also downloading other games to demonstrate that it can be done. Others take it with a grain of salt, or a truck load of it hahahhah. I am also trying to run the same games on an iPone/iPOD see how it works. I can sure run it on any PC in the house without any problems evern if the GPU of the does not support it. :)badrra

Excuse me but I never said anything about hacking. I am not promoting piracy here I'm just saying that it can be done with the present technology. Now if you dont want to use it, well and good thats your problem. But if others are interested then they should know how. I guess thats what this thread is all about anyway, then allow us to share our knowledge here. You dont have the right to ask the mods to lock this thread just because you never thought of it or you dont have the ability to do it. If your not interested then thats your problem. If you dont want this thread then dont read it. BTW I dont play the game and i'm certainly not an old hag like you. You dont want change then you can certainly stay inside you're cave and just stay out of the way of progress here. Also you might be playing the game too long now. Get a life buddy.

LOL sorry was in NY for the long weekend to see your flame thread. my bad. you didn't say anything about hacking? how do you expect to put dota or WC# on your psp using the official firmware without hacking it first? yes with the current technology you can pretty much put older console games on your psp. you are bringing up a topic thats been around for ages. the knowledge you are sharing is done illegally and there is no two ways about it. so stop arguing when you can't win. i never thought of it? buddy i don't care to play dota on my psp even if was available legally, just cuz it would ruin the game and drain the fun out of team work. first of all DOTA is a multiplayer game. you do know every multi player game on psp is mostly packed with hackers. i don';t think you even played dota before. so learn to play the game first then talk about bringing it to psp so you can ruin a perfectly good working game. i can read any thread i want. its a public thread and everyone here can post on it. if you don't like it then don't read MY COMMENTS. next time try harder when trolling in these threads. hey i got some ideas to share, lets put all the old n64 games, resident evil1,2,3, metal gear solid, any other good psx, game boy, n64 games available on psp! oh wait a minute.. i know someone who already does that. my bad.