Don't listen to the review, PS all stars is awesome.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kusimekaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kusimekaa
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

I've been a fighter fan ever since i started gaming, i love fighting games and all stars is no different. I'll be honest i played the beta and was hugely dissapointed, played it for a few hours and didn't bother again. After reading into it a bit, and reading some of the good reviews i decided to crave in and get it, first few hours were a bit meh. But once i started to get into some of the 1 v 1 fights online, the game really opens up. Literally this game is a blast once you warm to it. It's surprisingly deep, and your constantly improving your gameplay. I've literally been playing it for around 8 hours straight and it's getting better and better.

I just don't want people to miss out on a good game because gamespot decided to give it a 6.5. I'd say its far more a 8.5. If you enjoy games like brawl, i'm sure you'll enjoy this game once you get past the stage of hating the no hp mechanic.

PSN - McMojoz

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

CSB.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I ddint read any of that, but PS All Stars is poo poo. No one should drop money for it.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Hmm. Well I don't disregard games because of the score GameSpot gives them, but I'm just not very interested in it. I'm interested enough to play it though, so I'll give it a rent sometime. Actually I will be getting it on the Vita because of that Amazon special, can that interact with the PS3 somehow or do you have to have the game for both systems? I have no idea how cross play like that works.
Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts
Hmm. Well I don't disregard games because of the score GameSpot gives them, but I'm just not very interested in it. I'm interested enough to play it though, so I'll give it a rent sometime. Actually I will be getting it on the Vita because of that Amazon special, can that interact with the PS3 somehow or do you have to have the game for both systems? I have no idea how cross play like that works.SoNin360
PS3 and Vita players fight each other basically if I'm not mistaken.
vicekingz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vicekingz
Member since 2008 • 374 Posts

[QUOTE="SoNin360"]Hmm. Well I don't disregard games because of the score GameSpot gives them, but I'm just not very interested in it. I'm interested enough to play it though, so I'll give it a rent sometime. Actually I will be getting it on the Vita because of that Amazon special, can that interact with the PS3 somehow or do you have to have the game for both systems? I have no idea how cross play like that works.Nophoria88
PS3 and Vita players fight each other basically if I'm not mistaken.

I think he meant cross buy, where if you buy the game on PS3 you get a voucher or something that allows you to dl it on the vita as well for free. Not sure if it also works the other way around, however.

But there is also cross play. Vita and PS3 players can play against each other.

NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NamelessJay
Member since 2007 • 3082 Posts

I love the game even though it's lacking some characters and the arcade mode has the worst final boss I have EVER seen.... I seriously felt stupid just for playing the game after listening to the final boss' dialogue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

76 on meta

so it met the A hype

Its not the flop fanboys wanted it to be

I may buy it when it comes down in price

inb4whawhaitsstillflopwhawha

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I love the game even though it's lacking some characters and the arcade mode has the worst final boss I have EVER seen.... I seriously felt stupid just for playing the game after listening to the final boss' dialogue.

NamelessJay

You platinum'd it already? Dayum

was it hard?

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#10 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

[QUOTE="NamelessJay"]

Vatusus

was it hard?

it's very easy to platinum. i'm in the midst of traveling while on holiday so i'm playing it on Vita, and i already got 60% of the trophy in the time i can play it. that said though, it's still a great game i think. a lot of fun to play, and i like playing online in short bursts to play a round with Raiden, Radec, Nariko or Nathan Drake (the characters i like to play as).

glad i got the digital versions too, so whenever i just wanna do a round or a few i can. just by going to the menu and playing a few quickly.

looking forward to the Emmett Graves and Kat additions, think they'll both make great add ons. while not classic they are the new Sony exclusive characters that Sony can use. so perhaps the next round of DLC can be more nostalgic and snag Crash Bandicoot and Spyro (if they can).

i didn't agree with the review on Gamespot, it just hasn't ruined my fun with the game so far. each character is different, and play differently, the hardest characters for me to play as are Jak and Daxter and Sir Danial, but i'm sure someone somewhere is really kickin' butt with those two, and that's the beauty of it.

simple combo presses that you can chain together (not like traditional fighters with the crazy long ones), which makes it easier to learn and hard to master.

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts
Will be getting this game as dlc when my vita arrives from amazon... I've been pretty excited to play it since watching the reviews actually. Usually when reviewers accuse a game of not knowing what it wants to be, they really mean the game isn't what they expected, and they refuse to adjust their expectations...
NamelessJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NamelessJay
Member since 2007 • 3082 Posts

[QUOTE="NamelessJay"]

Vatusus

was it hard?

Probably one of the easiest platinums I've got :P

glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

I'm not a fighting game fan, but I played it at a friends house today, and we did 1v1, and I must say it's pretty fun. I think it balances out how you can "out" characters/opponents. People are just WAY too used to brawl, which is reflective of how baised most reviewers are (eg, gametrailers). If some reviewers reviewed the game properly (with an open mind), they'd find it pretty fun. It didn't get that repetitive either, but mind you we only played it for an hour and a half with 4 different characters.

I think the game's weakness is actually the lack of features, both in hidden characters (there are none) and content. I didn't buy the game myself, but I would be mad too if I bought a game that had few (or completely absent) unlockables.

glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

It's also worth noting gamespot also gave Infamous 2 a 7.5, when should it should've been at least an 8.5 or an 8 (the guy who rated that game is such a terrible reviewer, his reviews are almost never accurate - I'm not gonna say names, but try to avoid his reviews, he is not at all a good writer or reviewer. )

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#15 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

The 6.5 score is ABSOLUTE garbage. The metascore of around 7.5 sounds about right. The game is really all about the online, which is really awesome but single player and unlockables are pretty sub-standard.

The cross-play and cross-save is incredibly awesome. I love this feature.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#16 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I don't I played the Beta and it was nothing when compared to Smash Bros. You can only use Supers to KO your opponents that's a big flawe in the game whereas in Brawl you can KO them many ways. Plus I have heard the online play isn't that good.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i know... im smart enough to form my own opinion. Enjoying it a lot
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
I rarely listen to Gamespot reviews and even though I don't know much about this game I still thought the review was out of whack. In a nutshell: "This game is deep but there's too many 3rd party characters and it's difficult and the menu looks flat, LOL 6.5!" I'm starting to think how GS reviews new games is something along these lines: Boss: "Ok we got this new game to review, which one of you doods hates this game the most?" Staff member: "Me! This game is *%&$%!" Boss: "You're reviewing it then!"
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

76 on meta

so it met the A hype

Its not the flop fanboys wanted it to be

I may buy it when it comes down in price

inb4whawhaitsstillflopwhawha

Vatusus
The hype in SW was 6-6.5/10 and thats wat it got here on GS.
csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

I honestly loved the Beta...I;m still going to wait for a price drop or Christmas time because I've just bought a bunch of stuff and Christmas Gifts for my family lol

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I enjoyed the beta and intend to get the game sometime. I think the game's a bit misunderstood. I've heard quite a lot of people saying that it takes a while to truly enjoy the game; that you have to stick to one character to really learn the game and enjoy it. That sounds pretty cool to me. The only hard decision then is choosing between Cole, Evil Cole, or Dante....Hmmm

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#22 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Tip: Don't ever listen to reviews. Comprise your own thoughts on a game by researching it, watching gameplay, reading previews and then make a decision. That's what I do, and never let a negative review turn me away otherwise.