DOES HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF the answer yes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdamsWords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AdamsWords
Member since 2014 • 100 Posts

in this blog I will talk about how we don't really move forward as in terms of gaming the proof with this is each console generation is just a catch up to the last and is plagued by re-releases of games at a larger price and take this as you will but the first bit of evidence comes in the form of the last of us now coming to ps4 and tomb raider on ps4 and recently we have heard about METRO REDUX a remastered version of the games you got for free with PlayStation plus or bought last year because you liked the look of it .we all know that next gen games cost more money and need bigger teams but is this really the way to go about it re-releasing the same game three or four times we have now turned into groundhog day buy the same stuff every day with a different sub title PlayStation Now when it comes out will let you buy the last of us , the last of us is on ps3 and now ps4 when will the next gen of games not be plagued by constant hd remakes and mark my words you will see at least a hundred of these title by the end of 2016 there will be sleeping dogs remastered and then bioshock maybe all AC games and people will buy these again and then gaikai

will charge you for the same game so if you where ever wondering if we do progress in gaming the answer as far as now is no

thank you for reading and please tell me your views in the comments

you can check out the last of us ps4 and metro here as well

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/456400/retailer-lists-the-last-of-us-complete-edition-for-ps4/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/456431/metro-next-gen-remasters-rumoured/

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Don't see how this is a problem at all. For years, devs and publishers have had to deal with their games having little to no value after the first year or so. Films, books, music, etc, have long been in a position where they can re-release their products and reach new audiences, or give fanservice to their core.

I can walk into Target right now and find Die Hard on DVD. Games have only caught up to this in recent years, and if anything, it's taken them too long. People love old games; Old games they played once long ago and want to revisit. Games they maybe missed or never got around to buying at the time. Games they sold or traded or lost. And so on...

Publishers are finding it increasingly difficult to compete with GameStop and other retailers, while they're undercut by used game prices with literally no chance to compete at the counter - while also being heavily reliant on those very retailers - while also being berated and abused online by stubborn and self-entitled gamers whenever publishers try to steer anything in their favor.

The point of the re-releases, generally, is to get those games out there to new players, perhaps even those who were tempted but ultimately overlooked it the first time around - while also allowing the publisher to maintain some kind of revenue stream for their works. Some HD remasters of older games may even appeal to fans looking to see their favorite games with a shiny new coat. Those who have bought and still own previous iterations need not apply, and there's always plenty of other choices on the market for them.

AdamsWords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AdamsWords

fantastic point thank you for posting the little question I had was to do with games like the last of us that hasn't been out for that look so you don't know if it will make enough money on ps4 when you could pick it up for 20 pounds on ps3 and with the metro games how can you sell a product again after people have been given it for free

again thanks for commenting

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

It's a business model that has been working and it's not going to change until the CONSUMERS habits change.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

People want to play more AAA games on PS4 and quick! Thus, popular PS3 titles with enhanced graphics.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

yeah. technological progress does not necessitate artistic progress.

AdamsWords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AdamsWords

thank you all for the comments so far you all have great points and great point is made by MarcRecon and ryrulez thank you

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I find it annoying, especially with games that seems like they just came out. I'd rather PS3 games stay on the PS3 and new PS4 games be released on the PS4. Now, I've played some HD remakes on the PS3, but the difference is that those games came out several years prior. Plus they were games I hadn't played before. But that's the nice thing about remakes, it gives an opportunity for people who missed out on the game to play it, and in a higher quality. So I guess I'm a little torn on the issue. And the news of Metro Redux is actually exciting to me since I'll now have the chance to play Metro 2033, which is why I have held off from playing Last Light.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but it probably is just a relatively simple cash grab, especially with these recent examples. I have no interest in paying for games I've already bought. But I also feel like I'm missing out a little. Then again, graphics and such have never been my highest concern, so I guess I'll have to deal with the PS3's library slowly being remade for the PS4...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@adamswords:

Not a problem dude, if you took the time to wright it we can aleast give you some feedback.

AdamsWords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AdamsWords

that's kind of my point thank you for bringing it up SoNin360 brilliant point made