do you need a flat screen for the ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Dark_Blood_316 (149 posts) -

??????????

#2 Posted by mosespippy (7501 posts) -
You'll need a newish SDTV or a HDTV. My TV is a relic of the 70's, and is blurry, but a normal SDTV should be fine as long as it's not too small.
#3 Posted by as9332 (1196 posts) -

No you dont need a flat screen tv. You can play on ur SDTV.

But you need a nice HDTV to play in glorious 720 or 1080p

#4 Posted by InfinityMugen (3905 posts) -
U dont have to but I personally would recommend it.
#5 Posted by Sokol4ever (6297 posts) -

You can play on regular TV however for the best image quality HDTV is great to have.

I have played on regular TV until I was able to save up for good HD, it's not bad at all.

#6 Posted by motherboop (2382 posts) -

I have a 32' flat SDTV, and it does the job just fine for PS3 games, although I hope to upgrade to 720p, as the letters in tekken Dark Ressurection are blurry, and I can not make out the names of the fighters.

#7 Posted by DirtySkidMarcs (338 posts) -

A flat chested girl will work just as well!!!

#8 Posted by CeeCee0203 (461 posts) -
you dont need one but you're really cheating yourself if you're using an sdtv...when i first bought my ps3 i had an sdtv then decided to get a flat screen hdtv...WOW....no comparison.
#9 Posted by Please_ThankYou (333 posts) -

DirtySkidMarcs

Absolutely the perfect analogy.

#10 Posted by mosespippy (7501 posts) -
[QUOTE="DirtySkidMarcs"]

Please_ThankYou

Not quite perfect. A flat TV is what you prefer, while a flat chested girl isn't.
#11 Posted by DirtySkidMarcs (338 posts) -
Please_ThankYou wrote:DirtySkidMarcs wrote:

Not quite perfect. A flat TV is what you prefer, while a flat chested girl isn't.

Hey it's all a matter of preference. Flatties need love too!!!

#12 Posted by Please_ThankYou (333 posts) -
[QUOTE="Please_ThankYou"][QUOTE="DirtySkidMarcs"]

mosespippy

Touche.

#13 Posted by GEMINIVice (1139 posts) -

This Christmas, I plan on getting a LCD with HDTV to accomodate my PS3. My original 27'' tube television died on me just a few months after getting my PS3. So I figured I might as well get a TV with HD. It would be a good accomodation for my PS3. Right now, my friend is letting me play my PS3 off of his, I think, 17'' television. Going from a 27'' to a 17'' television with the PS3 sucks for me. I'm glad Christmas is onlya month away now.

#14 Posted by truenextgen (3911 posts) -
When I first played a PS3 I played motostorm on a plain SD. And I knew for sure I was not playing a PS2 anymore. So it still good. But true HD is a big advantage. But its not like a PS3 is not a PS3 on a normal TV. I go HD now, But I want to upgrade to a new Bravia or something, before I get MGS4 and those.
#15 Posted by abdelmessih101 (5230 posts) -
[QUOTE="mosespippy"][QUOTE="Please_ThankYou"][QUOTE="DirtySkidMarcs"]

Please_ThankYou

Touche.

No, the thread asks, "do you need a flat screen for the ps3?"

By replying "A flat chested girl will work just as well!!!" he's really saying "a flat chested girl will work just as well as an SDTV"

If you take it deeper, he's also saying that an HDTV is like a large-chested girl.

So it is the absolute perfect analogy.

#16 Posted by ianuilliam (4955 posts) -
If by flat-screen, you mean one of those thin lcd or plasmas, then no. Not even if you want to view glorious HD resolutions. They make HD CRTs. My tv is a 30" Widescreen CRT which supports up to 720p or 1080i. Picture looks great. If instead of 'do you need a flat screen', you meant 'do you need an HDtv', then I would recommend getting one eventually. I played my ps3 on a 32" sdtv for a few months before I got my HD. It still looked a lot better than say a ps2 on an sdtv, but to get the most, you want hd.