Do sony still support the psp ?

#1 Posted by jack00 (3544 posts) -

I have an old psp that i dusted off and I tried to connect it to my wifi. When it detection my connection there was in grey something written "not secured" next to my connection and it wouldn't let me connect.

I tried to go check if there was a new firmupdate but I have the latest already (6.60) and that came out about 4 years ago or something.

So now I can't even connect my psp because it doesn't recognize new modems :/

So, what do I do here, I trash my psp or there is a way to update it so I can connect myself somehow ?

#2 Posted by Lhomity (771 posts) -
#3 Posted by jack00 (3544 posts) -

Yeah I really don't wanna mess with those settings, I'm with Bell for Fibetv and internet and I don't wanna fuck things up with this crap. I so regret buying a psp honestly, and not just for this issue.

Anywho, thx for the help Lh.

#4 Posted by dipdish (868 posts) -

@jack00 said:

I so regret buying a psp honestly, and not just for this issue.

People in Japan still play on their PSP consoles. But to the rest of the world, the system seems pretty much dead.

#5 Posted by Lhomity (771 posts) -

@jack00: Time to get a Vita! :D

I'm not sure what router you are using, but it should have some kind of option to create profiles - and at the very least will have an option to backup it's settings to your PC. Most routers do.

Alternatively, if you just want to buy a PSP game or two from the PlayStation Store, and if you have a PS3, you can buy them and download them to your PS3, then connect the PSP via cable to your PS3 and use the Content Manager app to transfer them.

Good luck.

#6 Posted by CashinControl (39 posts) -

The Vita pretty much made the PSP obsolete.

#7 Posted by Netret0120 (2084 posts) -

@dipdish said:

@jack00 said:

I so regret buying a psp honestly, and not just for this issue.

People in Japan still play on their PSP consoles. But to the rest of the world, the system seems pretty much dead.

I still use my PSP for the old classics such as FF1-9 and gems from the past. Online is still available for some games too.