Do cheat codes affect 100% competion for GTA SA?

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

I bought GTA San Andreas on PSN last week. I've played the game before on the PS2 countless times, but only once nearly reached 100% completion.

I was only on 99.7% completion on my PS2 copy. Now and again i would spend time trying to find these two particular cars for the import/export mission which would finally give me the full 100% i've been working towards. Sadly for me, during the years from like 2004 until present day, i have never ever been able to find the two cars i need to get 100% completion. My memory card is now playing up due to old age and its only a matter of time until i can no longer use it and everything on the memory card will be gone.

I've heard rumours that cheat codes can stop players getting 100%, but it's never been made official (not that i know of anyway),

I have two saved files on the PS3 for GTA SA at the moment, one will be for cheats, the other for basic game play. But i just want to know if codes will affect 100% completion. I do not plan on using weapons, health, wanted level cheats etc, I only want to use the cheat codes for the cars. I've tried one cheat already, but i didn't save. I just wanted to know if the PS2 cheats would work on the PS3.

I already have good enough health, armor, weapons and money from doing the side missions etc at the very beginning of the game. But the codes is for the things that i can't get be it bugs or glitches. I do not know if my PS2 version had a bug or glitch on it, but from 2004 onwards and still never been able to find the two cars i need for 100% completion. I just want to know if codes for cars i.e the limo, monster truck, tank etc will affect the 100% in anyway.

Any info would be great, thanks :)

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

@Mickeyminime: I've heard that it does in fact keep you from getting 100%.