Disgaea 4 is AWESOME

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

Whether you're a strategy fan, a series veteran, or a newcomer to both, I need to say: Disgaea 4 rocks.

The game has been out for awhile, but I managed to pick it up a few days ago, and I need to say: it is easily one of the best games on PS3.

While it isn't for everyone (it's incredibly engrossing and lives to suck your life away), Disgaea gives you something most games these days don't: content. Disgaea 4 not only offers up some very deep SRPG gameplay, but it also gives you access to a truly ridiculous number of features. Frankly, you'd have to write an in-depth, hundred page strategy guide to cover everything this game has, and that isn't an exaggeration. But, some of the main things I'd point out, would be the ability to create classes based on enemies you fight, the option to create your own home base and levels, the online play, the item worlder (which allows you to explore levels inside your items and enhance the item with each level you beat), and so much more.

I'd also like to point out, despite using rather simplistic graphics, Disgaea 4 looks amazing. Environments are vividly colorful, characters are unique, funny and well anaimated, effects are numerous and personalization is a main selling point. The game also has a fantastic sense of humor, one that pokes fun at anything from getting laid to drinking beer or even snorting angel dust. Yes, it sounds fucked up, but it's a little more tame in presentation. Still, very funny and never takes itself seriously.

If a strategy RPG with bright, vivid colors, funny and memorable characters, deep gameplay and the ability to create your own levels and content sounds like a dream come true, then you need to go get this game right now. Gotta rep Disgaea 4, it really has it all. It's also only about $18 at Gamestop right now.

Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

Yeah, it's a pretty good game. It's the best Disgaea since the first one I'd say (woops, totally forgot I haven't played D2). I might recommend that people wait for the Vita version that's coming soon because it has all the DLC.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I've only played the original and then got it again on the DS. I have a VITA and am really torn between getting either 3 or 4, but most likely won't get both due to how time consuming a Disgaea game can be. They both seem to come with all the DLC too. Hmmmmm.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@HowlingLotus: I love the series. But I will admit it is quite time consuming.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#5 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

It was my 2nd favourite game of 2011 can't wait for the PS Vita release this summer

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

@HowlingLotus:

This shouldn't even be a contest. Get Disgaea 4. The graphics are vastly better, there's way more features, and also, you get the online modes and the map maker. Trust me, it's good.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I would agree, get 4 if only getting one. But both are good. Disgaea 4 is isn't out on Vita until August though.

D2 is also very good, no Vita version announced for it yet but wouldn't be surprised if it's coming.

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

I agree, I haven't played it in a year(possibly more) but I have over 200 hours in it. Great fun, and I loved the story mode. I will go back to it maybe.