Disappointed with my PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

I recently upgraded from a PS3 to a PS4, because there was this hot deal where I got a PS4 with an extra controller and 3 games for the price of a base PS4. The 3 games I got were Destiny, GTA V and FIFA 15. Now I know Destiny is a crappy game, but I needed to get a shooter meanwhile I wait for BF4 Premium, and I wasn't even going to play it that much, just focusing on GTA V (selling FIFA 15 for Shadow of Mordor).

My first problem was that I bought it from a reputable store (the only authorised Sony retailer here) and yet I got the Asian one (I live in the Middle East currently) which has the X and O buttons reversed. My friends who got it from other stores don't have this problem, and I'm pretty used to X being the proceed button on the PS3. I took every damn precaution and yet ended up getting the wrong console, and there is no workaround at all to this problem, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Everyone praised GTA V to no end for its better graphics and the first person mode, but it's almost a joke. The screen looks around 20% neater because of the slightly better textures and 1080p, but otherwise there really is no point moving up from the PS3. First person mode is as bad the as first person mod for Dark Souls 2. it doesn't feel at all like an FPS. I thought maybe the first-person thing would be an incentive to play through the stellar story again, but I just can't play the same game from scratch with a gimmick mode. The pop-in is still bad, and distant objects still look horrible. How is this even a remaster?

Sony made me pay for PS Plus, and yet I get a service worse off than the free PS3 one. Download speeds are horrible. I could get a 2 GB file done on my PS3 within an hour (40 MBps internet) but a 200 MB file took me 30 minutes to get done, with the download stopping for a few seconds after every 5 MB downloaded. PS Network is more down than up these days. I just feel like plugging my PS3 back in and continuing Ni No Kuni and Uncharted 3.

Bought the PS4 for Bloodborne and The Witcher 3. How do you people even make the most out of this console?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Well I'll disagree on that, GTA 5 is only a remaster so it ain't going to be amazingly better, Destiny isn't Crappy it's actually grown into a pretty decent FPS game.

It isn't PS4 fault you picked up one which isn't the type you'd normally get.

amd the download speeds for me personally are 10 times better than the PS3, I'm downloading things in half the time, the shop is integrated into the UI which is great and the UI is smooth as anything, best UI i've ever used to be quite honest, nice and simple.

How do we make the most out of this console :S :S I buy the games I want.

Shadow Of Mordor is a great choice, and I've honestly not hit a point where there hasn't been a game I could play since launch I've had a great time and I'm only in a bit of a dry spot right now because I'm holding out on the games so i can have them for christmas presents. honestly don't understand your complaints to be honest

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

The first thing I would do is pack it neatly in it's box, grab it, drive to the authorised dealer and bang the shit out of the dealer until he gives me my money back or exchange it for the regular one. Once I've done that then I would return home and begin downloading upgrades n'stuff.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

All I can offer are my Sympathies.

KillerK1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KillerK1ng
Member since 2014 • 135 Posts

should have gone with XO

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@killerk1ng said:

should have gone with XO

While I don't play my PS4 much, I play my Xbone less. The Xbone has less retail games and has less DD games.

This link may help you (195 PS4 to 130 Xbone total games, 85 PS4 retail vs. 80 Xbone retail).

http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

The Xbone GWG offered only 9 free games with GWG vs. PS+ 25 free games (more than double). The only advantage with Xbone was a few more exclusives, but both machines are incredibly weak on the exclusive front as it is considering they are so new.

Honestly, every new generation is like this. They start off weak and get stronger...and every new generation I have to read people complain about the new consoles having a weak library.

What he should have done is stuck to the last gen for a little while longer, if anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

well in my case I bought the PS4 for the games I knew would likely land on it that would likely only be on sony platforms (and fighting games, a few action adventures and such).

Look we all knew the PS4 would not be a super powerful piece of hardware, certainly not rivaling mid-high pcs. But rather we bought it for the games that might be relatively Unique and play well on the system.

But it does most Things "well enough" therein lies another saving grace. I would not Count remasters as must haves, they are teh same game afterall, and often just slightly better looking. So GTA V is no diffrent then most if not all other remasters.

I think you might come to tearms with a reason for BF4, as the step ovre BF3 on console is rather considerate.

PS+ is well, on the PS4 it is in its infancy, so not alot of good games to even get yet, it is not as much PS+ fault as it is the lack of games overall on the new systems. We get the first full retail game this month. I expect it to get better from here on out, or they will indeed have failed.

The actual hardware issue is however an issue I tend to agree on, never heard about that difference, but then I have never seen an asian version at all. So I would likely want it swapped if it bothered me tbh.

Overall I find the PS4 better then realisticly expected (but the games are lacking so far, I do know some are comming though :D) but weaker tehn most PS fans would have hoped for, or how Sony hyped it, still even the Sony hype was more realistic about this, then the PS3.

If you like BF I would say to reserve judgement till you have playied that. As it is likely a game which fits better into what you are looking for. I would avoid I:SS like the pleague, and I would likely point to KZ:SF as a good indicator shooter (as it is fairly cheap, and decent mp when I playied it online).

KillerK1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KillerK1ng

@SolidTy: I still haven't gone for a next gen console I'm still happily playing away on my 360. I've got my collection of games on there and to be honest I'm not thinking of swapping unless they start generating ideas surrounding backwards compatibility. But I've always been a fan of microsoft products, and exclusively halo... thats why I'd go for an xbox one.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@killerk1ng said:

should have gone with XO

While I don't play my PS4 much, I play my Xbone less. The Xbone has less retail games and has less DD games.

This link may help you (195 PS4 to 130 Xbone total games, 85 PS4 retail vs. 80 Xbone retail).

http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

The Xbone GWG offered only 9 free games with GWG vs. PS+ 25 free games (more than double). The only advantage with Xbone was a few more exclusives, but both machines are incredibly weak on the exclusive front as it is considering they are so new.

Honestly, every new generation is like this. They start off weak and get stronger...and every new generation I have to read people complain about the new consoles having a weak library.

What he should have done is stuck to the last gen for a little while longer, if anything.

@killerk1ng said:

@SolidTy: I still haven't gone for a next gen console I'm still happily playing away on my 360. I've got my collection of games on there and to be honest I'm not thinking of swapping unless they start generating ideas surrounding backwards compatibility. But I've always been a fan of microsoft products, and exclusively halo... thats why I'd go for an xbox one.

I see. You were recommending the user should have bought something you didn't buy? :) I see you rocking the last gen consoles which is what I recommended as well. I posted this tab which makes things easier as well: http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

Frankly, although I own an Xbone, PS4, and Wii U...I play my last gen machines and PC the most.

I understand though, if you love the Halos you would recommend Xbox to someone...even if the company that created and made Halo legendary, Bungie, is no longer making Halo. 343 took over and for me, they are 0/2. Competent developers, but not inspiring. It's strange, but the Xbone is no 360, at least right now. In many ways, the Xbone is the new PS3 in terms of early developer support.

KillerK1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KillerK1ng

@SolidTy: Going off friends recommendations by recommending the Xbox one, and reviews and articles based upon both. And yeah the transition from bungie to 343 was sad indeed but growing up with halo with friends and family I cant help but naturally get excited whenever i hear about the franchise or even a new release. So yeah, I'm not a fan either of 343 especially the direction they've taken halo towards, but still a fan of the franchise.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Look another person who is jumping on the "it's cool to hate on the PS4" bandwagon. Why on earth didn't you get your PS4 exchanged for one that has the proper buttons/controller layout?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

I've found it to be wildly inconsistent with download and connection speeds so far. Assigning a static IP address to the PS4 might be worth a shot. I'll give that a go if problems persist.

Dunno what else I can tell you, my overall impressions on the console are positive.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

@jasonredemption said:

Look another person who is jumping on the "it's cool to hate on the PS4" bandwagon. Why on earth didn't you get your PS4 exchanged for one that has the proper buttons/controller layout?

There now. The store has all PS4s with the same layout, and they said they aren't going to bother contacting Sony just because I made the mistake of buying from their 'authorised retailer' store (well, not literally but you get the idea). Douchebags. I don't hate the PS4, I'm just disappointed considering it's been out over an year and still has nothing worth offering more than my PS3. I guess I bought it too soon.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@LordTrexGuy: Well, next time do you own research on what console you are buying.. If I didn't buy an NTSC console it is my own fault. I personally love GTA Vs first person mode, I think Destiny is OK, and Sony certainly didn't MAKE YOU buy PS+.

All in all, you have an electronic device you don't like that much.. ok?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

For the love of Christ.....

"Oh I got the wrong one out of the back of that truck, the games aren't in 3D, blah blah blah"

Just return it, return it and be done with it because if not we're gonna have to deal with your unable to do simple research ass coming on here from time to time complaining about stuff that we don't want to hear about.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't get what you mean by your PS4 being different? Do you have a picture or anything?