DId u noticed that :@???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
I was reading the new preview of Virtua Tennis, and all was going fine, but then, the sixaxis controller part....they say, yeah its intuitive, it works good, but its not a big deal, it doesnt add that much to the game, i mean cmon, if the sixaxis doesnt add that much to the game, then what does that other controller add to the game?
i`m starting to believe that gamespot is biased against ps3, i mean, a lot of you have been sayin it for a while, but i never really noticed....and now i`m starting to believe...

jerrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jerrt
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts
yeah, i read some crazy things about that game and its release, i'm just going to wait to find out the truth when it comes out, and even then i'm going to wait to get it used for cheap.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
You only noticed that GS is Biased towards PS3 now? kinda late :P But seriously. According to GS, is you want motion sensing, get a Wii. If you want good games, get a 360. If you want to blow $600 in a piece of crap, get a PS3.(This doesn't represent my opinion)
chembro84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chembro84
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
I think what they're trying to say is that the SIXAXIS is a neat concept, but in a game like tennis there really isn't much use for it.  I tend to agree, I can't really imagine using the tilt concept very effectively in tennis.
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts

I think what they're trying to say is that the SIXAXIS is a neat concept, but in a game like tennis there really isn't much use for it. I tend to agree, I can't really imagine using the tilt concept very effectively in tennis.chembro84

i know its not a great addition, but ok...if six axis is not a great addition to VT, then whats the great addition on the 3sixty controller? why just bash sixaxis?
Kman1086

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kman1086
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
yea but they took out online for SIXAXIS ... so it whoulda been a goodpart of it.....
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts

[QUOTE="chembro84"]I think what they're trying to say is that the SIXAXIS is a neat concept, but in a game like tennis there really isn't much use for it. I tend to agree, I can't really imagine using the tilt concept very effectively in tennis.psyum

i know its not a great addition, but ok...if six axis is not a great addition to VT, then whats the great addition on the 3sixty controller? why just bash sixaxis?

I'm confused what you are saying.. They said the 360 controller adds something? Why do they have to bash a standard console control? Just cause they dont like the sixaxis you begin to believe their biased? How many reviewers have really truly thought the sixaxis was this awesome thing? :S Ever occur to you that the sixaxis isnt some gawdsend?
chembro84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chembro84

[QUOTE="chembro84"]I think what they're trying to say is that the SIXAXIS is a neat concept, but in a game like tennis there really isn't much use for it. I tend to agree, I can't really imagine using the tilt concept very effectively in tennis.psyum

It's not always PS3 vs. 360 everywhere, but they way I take it is this: Why bash the SIXAXIS? Because the SIXAXIS is claiming to be an innovative product. 360 controller is not, it based on the "tried and true principle", take a controller with 2 analog sticks, 4 triggers, 4 face buttons, and rumble, it's been done before, it's pretty standard now, people seem to like it. PS3 comes out and says "we are the future, our controller is superior, we took out that old rumble gimmick and added motion sensitivity" Well now you gotta put your money where your mouth is, so now your job is to review or preview games, you play both versions of the game, and your job is to inform readers. You come to this conclusion "SIXAXIS is a neat concept, but IMO it doesn't add anything to the game, it really isn't a big deal" So the reason the reviewer said this is becuase Sony came out and said "You WILL have more fun playing multi-platform games on our system because our controller is superior", you gotta call them out if it isn't true.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts
 Notice all the people against sixasis arent even ps3 owners lol its easy to say it doesnt do anything interesting if oyuve never used it before lol i for one think that playing motorstorm with it is some of the most fun ive had in a long time with a game it made me feel like a kid again like i was in an arcade, free throws are pretty sweet in 2k7 as well
chembro84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chembro84
Notice all the people against sixasis arent even ps3 owners lol its easy to say it doesnt do anything interesting if oyuve never used it before lol i for one think that playing motorstorm with it is some of the most fun ive had in a long time with a game it made me feel like a kid again like i was in an arcade, free throws are pretty sweet in 2k7 as well
longhorn7
GS has never used the SIXAXIS? This came from a GS preview, not a forum user.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 longhorn7
[QUOTE="longhorn7"] Notice all the people against sixasis arent even ps3 owners lol its easy to say it doesnt do anything interesting if oyuve never used it before lol i for one think that playing motorstorm with it is some of the most fun ive had in a long time with a game it made me feel like a kid again like i was in an arcade, free throws are pretty sweet in 2k7 as well
chembro84

Actually im talking about you and the other few people in the thread that are against it not gs lol
billybonkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 billybonkas
Member since 2006 • 255 Posts
[QUOTE="chembro84"][QUOTE="longhorn7"] Notice all the people against sixasis arent even ps3 owners lol its easy to say it doesnt do anything interesting if oyuve never used it before lol i for one think that playing motorstorm with it is some of the most fun ive had in a long time with a game it made me feel like a kid again like i was in an arcade, free throws are pretty sweet in 2k7 as well
longhorn7

Actually im talking about you and the other few people in the thread that are against it not gs lol

or it could be that more people like rumble than sixaxis. (note, rumble is not a 360 only feature).
Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts
I have known this for at least a year before it even launched. Even though right now all the GS staff is having a 40 player resistance deathmatch
Avatar image for noodles12345678
noodles12345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 noodles12345678
Member since 2005 • 602 Posts
[QUOTE="psyum"]
[QUOTE="chembro84"]I think what they're trying to say is that the SIXAXIS is a neat concept, but in a game like tennis there really isn't much use for it. I tend to agree, I can't really imagine using the tilt concept very effectively in tennis.chembro84

It's not always PS3 vs. 360 everywhere, but they way I take it is this: Why bash the SIXAXIS? Because the SIXAXIS is claiming to be an innovative product. 360 controller is not, it based on the "tried and true principle", take a controller with 2 analog sticks, 4 triggers, 4 face buttons, and rumble, it's been done before, it's pretty standard now, people seem to like it. PS3 comes out and says "we are the future, our controller is superior, we took out that old rumble gimmick and added motion sensitivity" Well now you gotta put your money where your mouth is, so now your job is to review or preview games, you play both versions of the game, and your job is to inform readers. You come to this conclusion "SIXAXIS is a neat concept, but IMO it doesn't add anything to the game, it really isn't a big deal" So the reason the reviewer said this is becuase Sony came out and said "You WILL have more fun playing multi-platform games on our system because our controller is superior", you gotta call them out if it isn't true.

thankyou..finally somebody with a functioning brain.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 longhorn7
[QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="chembro84"][QUOTE="longhorn7"] Notice all the people against sixasis arent even ps3 owners lol its easy to say it doesnt do anything interesting if oyuve never used it before lol i for one think that playing motorstorm with it is some of the most fun ive had in a long time with a game it made me feel like a kid again like i was in an arcade, free throws are pretty sweet in 2k7 as well
billybonkas

or it could be that more people like rumble than sixaxis. (note, rumble is not a 360 only feature).

Never said either was better, nor did i ever say its only on 360, im actually gonna order that add on thingy that supposedly adds the feature on there if it gets good reviews. My point is all the people in this thread who are saying it doesnt do anything interesting doesnt have a ps3 (or at least they dont put it in their sigs like they do all of their other consoles who really knows) you really shouldnt try and put words into peoples mouths
Gamerzone23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Gamerzone23
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts
That is really cool, man.
Pixelgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pixelgen
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts

sixasis is going to be cool.

VT 5 looks amazing, but why is the 360 getting online play and the PS3 version will have non. I bet we will pay more for the game then 360 owners and there be-able to play with friends online. All your be-able to do is play with yourselfs...

alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts
they saay wii for motion sensors but the controll for the wii is a nightmare in pretty much all games
Maverick128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maverick128
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts
So let me get this straight, Sega is so damn lazy that they decided to leave out the online component for the PS3? I understood it when this game was supposed to be a launch game but they've had three months to add it back in and they they just sat around playing with themselves? Truthfully, I could care less. The only VT I enjoyed playing was the original arcade and Dreamcast version. In fact, it was the only reason I bought a Dreamcast. (After it was pretty much dead and being sold with 3 Sega Sports games for $99 at Toys R Us.) I'm not really a tennis fan.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

[QUOTE="billybonkas"][QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="chembro84"][QUOTE="longhorn7"] Notice all the people against sixasis arent even ps3 owners lol its easy to say it doesnt do anything interesting if oyuve never used it before lol i for one think that playing motorstorm with it is some of the most fun ive had in a long time with a game it made me feel like a kid again like i was in an arcade, free throws are pretty sweet in 2k7 as well
longhorn7

Never said either was better, nor did i ever say its only on 360, im actually gonna order that add on thingy that supposedly adds the feature on there if it gets good reviews. My point is all the people in this thread who are saying it doesnt do anything interesting doesnt have a ps3 (or at least they dont put it in their sigs like they do all of their other consoles who really knows) you really shouldnt try and put words into peoples mouths

I have a PS3, & so far I think the SIXAXIS controller is pretty much completely useless, (you can shake it to get Chimera off you in Resistance or shake it to do an illegal move in FNR3, big whoop), and I really just wish Sony would release a rumble controller for those of us who would prefer that.

And my PSN name is in my sig, so you can't claim that I don't own one. 

chembro84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chembro84
[QUOTE="chembro84"][QUOTE="longhorn7"] Notice all the people against sixasis arent even ps3 owners lol its easy to say it doesnt do anything interesting if oyuve never used it before lol i for one think that playing motorstorm with it is some of the most fun ive had in a long time with a game it made me feel like a kid again like i was in an arcade, free throws are pretty sweet in 2k7 as well
longhorn7

The reason i said that is because this thread is a discussion about a GS article, if you need more of an explanation, I'd be happy to give it to you (but I'm hoping you are intelligent enough to figure it out on your own)
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
Bring back rumble or a combination of both. Unless the sixaxis will turn into a full range motion controller then it's time to go back to what most of us want.
Baller91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Baller91
Member since 2007 • 437 Posts

[QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="billybonkas"][QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="chembro84"][QUOTE="longhorn7"] Notice all the people against sixasis arent even ps3 owners lol its easy to say it doesnt do anything interesting if oyuve never used it before lol i for one think that playing motorstorm with it is some of the most fun ive had in a long time with a game it made me feel like a kid again like i was in an arcade, free throws are pretty sweet in 2k7 as well
ColoradoKindBud

I have a PS3, & so far I think the SIXAXIS controller is pretty much completely useless, (you can shake it to get Chimera off you in Resistance or shake it to do an illegal move in FNR3, big whoop), and I really just wish Sony would release a rumble controller for those of us who would prefer that.

I guess u didnt Play MOtorsTorm
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 longhorn7
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

[QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="billybonkas"][QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="chembro84"][QUOTE="longhorn7"] Notice all the people against sixasis arent even ps3 owners lol its easy to say it doesnt do anything interesting if oyuve never used it before lol i for one think that playing motorstorm with it is some of the most fun ive had in a long time with a game it made me feel like a kid again like i was in an arcade, free throws are pretty sweet in 2k7 as well
Baller91

I guess u didnt Play MOtorsTorm

Agreed, motorstorm, fomula one, nhl 2k7, nba 2k7, and the upcoming mlb game and virtua tennis all have it in ways that are fun in interesting, its not up to the wii but its a fun add on that if you can just lay back and have fun with a video game you can appreciate it, but im pretty sure he has played motorstorm, i just think he doesnt like it, but not everyone will, i would prefer to have both, but i dont think i would want to give up my sixaxis for rumble, i would rather have both or just sixaxis because in my opinion it just adds a few more features to games that are fun and interesting