Did insomniac stop caring about Ratchet and clank games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts
First of all I'm not trying to create controversies as I am a Ratchet and Clank fan for many years now, and I've always enjoyed them. However like most loyal fans, I also happen to be critical of what I support. Now a days most ratch and clanks are only about 8-12 hours long, with no split screen, co-op, a mediocre story with no emotional appeal, and usually only have 3 difficulties. I can easily beat the game with only dying a few times on the hardest difficulty. I played future tools of destruction, and A crack in time (the only 2 I played on ps3) and I would probably give them both high a 8/10, simply because they are fun, have good graphics, and are better than most other games. However, they could be so much better if the developers invested more time into the story, or lengthened the campaign, or added some type of multi player or online. I also noticed sales of Ratch and Clank games sales have plummeted since last generation. Up your arsenal was about 15-20 hours with excellent character development, a challenging difficulty, and decent multiplayer. Did insomniac stop caring about Ratch and clank? Thoughts?
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
I think everyone stopped caring about R&C to be honest.
Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
Multiplayer killed the R&C games, they cashed in & killed it.
crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts
Multiplayer killed the R&C games, they cashed in & killed it.Justinps2hero
I think co-op is what killed the it, not multiplayer in general. Up your arsenal had multiplayer and it was probably the best ratchet and clank game.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
They experimented with it, problem was they did it twice in a row!! They really need to make another proper R&C, TOD & ACIT were both terrific! QOB too but that was a TOD expansion really. Maybe Sony didn't give them much to work with on the latest games but they must also have been very busy! (FUSE, XB1 exclusive etc.)
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#6 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

The Future trilogy was fantastic.  Insomniac are focusing way to much on multiplayer All4One was garbage and Q-Force/Full Frontal Assault is terrible.  Insomniac need to stop messing around with the Ratchet & Clank series and make a proper R&C game that follow's after A Crack in Time and drop MP for more Single Player stuff.Â