devil may cry 4 or batman arkaham asylum?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jbufv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jbufv
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

which one to buy?

Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

Go Devil May Cry 4, even though it's one of the lesser of it's series it's much better and much cheaper than arkham asylum.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
Well it depends if you have never played a devil may cry do not bother with it Devil may cry gets very repetitive,nothing but a hack n slash which is not bad but if you never played the first like me you will not enjoy it as much. Id go with Batman AA but really it all comes down to you doing more research instead of asking some random people telling you what they like better :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Wow this really is a no brainer, get Batman Arkam Ayslum. It's simply a better game and GOTY worthy. DMC4 is just a crappy DMC spin off.

pime2night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 pime2night
Member since 2009 • 104 Posts

For now, it to be Devil May Cry 4

Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

played DMC 3? good, play that again and go buy AA

EDIT: if not, go buy DMC 3 and AA

sexy_robot_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sexy_robot_man
Member since 2009 • 1002 Posts

Wow this really is a no brainer, get Batman Arkam Ayslum. It's simply a better game and GOTY worthy. DMC4 is just a crappy DMC spin off.

Crossel777

BATMAN, BATMAN, BATMAN! This is not even a choice DMC4 is a pile of Cow manure in comparison to BATMAN!

Death-X-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Death-X-
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
Arkaham Asylum DMC 4 got 8/10 Batman got 9/10
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

DMC4, in terms of combat, it's technically superior to the other DMCs. Fast weapon switching, Fast style switching, a good variety of weapons, and nero is awesome for aerial combat. It's also kind of fun to get ranked on the world leader board out of everyone who has played the game.

haven't played arkham asylum tho, which it has seemed interesting, but I'm more of a DMC fan

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Batman.
snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

IMO, Batman. It's definitely a game of the year contender. DMC got old and boring for me. They are definitely two very different games. Batman is much less in your face.

Spoiledgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12 Spoiledgenius
Member since 2009 • 622 Posts

BATMAN:ARKHAM ASYLUM

Buy it now:evil:

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Batman: Arkham Asylum is an amazing game. DMC4 just isn't, and was a big disappointment overall. It's way too repetitive, the level design is god-awful and the amount of backtracking is insane (you literally have to just play the first half of the game all over again except with a different character).
GamerAsylum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerAsylum
Member since 2009 • 91 Posts

Batman Arkham Asylum, I have it and it's awesome.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
i have both games but its a no brainer....Batman is a possible GOTY and DMC4 is old...
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NABATMAN!!!!!:P

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

Batman was a great game, but just insanely easy. I beat it without even coming close to dying. Hard isn't any tougher, only the combat indicators are missing. I can let lack of challenge go, but I cannot let terrible boss fights go. With such a rich selection of movies, comics, cartoons, and books to choose from, they somehow came out with terribly boring boss fights. Its a very overrated game. A solid 8.5, but not a GOTY candidate; the poor man's MGS.

DMC4 is also a great game. If you like DMC, you will like DMC4. I enjoyed my time with Nero, especially the different boss fights that made use of the Buster move. Dante is absolutely devestating with on-the-fly style switching and every weapon available in real time. The puzzles really pissed me off in this game, because there shouldn't be any. This is all about putting me in cool places to fight cool enemies, not pushing spinning tops around. The platforming Nero sections also pissed me off. The camera just wasn't properly positioned for that type of thing. Those are my complaints. I have no problem with backtracking because its just an excuse to fight things. I have no problem with repeated bosses, because I am a huge fan of giant bosses that kick ass.

If you suck at videogames or just really don't like to play through games more than once, get Batman AA. Its a perfect rental. Also Batman has a far, far superior story and presentation. If like DMC or NG, get DMC4. DMC4 forces the player to master the combat system, and once you start doing that, the game really grabs you. Its challenging and rewards showing off, which makes it really, really fun. I went through Batman twice on hard, and I'm pretty much done for a while. I've dropped 50 hours into DMC4, and pop it in for a spin a few times a month.