Demon's Souls... how hard?????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pidokennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pidokennies
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I'm plannin' on buying this game, but I've heard that it's very hard. It's either this or MW2. I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND HELP!!!!
GC4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GC4ever
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

very hard as in you want to throw your contoler across the room
mw2 is like that online if you never played the first
but i would say demon's souls is the best choice right now

Mr_Popo74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Mr_Popo74
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts
I don't find it's as hard as some people say it is. Sure, the game is unforgiving, and not the easiest thing around, since you lose your souls if you die, then die before reaching your corpse. It depends what you consider difficult. I don't find it's thaaaaat hard...but I thought Mega Man 9 was easy, which a bunch of people complained to be difficult as well.
crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
lol dam and im considering buying demon's souls after smashing a controller over prototype XD i should probly buy some extra controllers just in case
SimoSays2541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SimoSays2541
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

The first few hours are brutal, but once you get over the steep learning curve it just becomes a matter ofpatience, exploration, and taking your time. Also, make sure you have a computer handy when playing so you can Google any annoying enemies so you don't die a million times really far into a level and repeat it just to die at the same enemy, like I did at first. >_> Also, to Mr_Popo, Mega Man 9 was balls to the walls hard. How could you find that easy! D:

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I smashed a controller playing Halo 3. Worst mistake of my life. Then I bought one of the new red colored 360 controllers and I've been VERY nice to that.

Since controllers are pretty expensive, I'm being very careful with my original PS3 one.

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

I smashed a controller playing Halo 3. Worst mistake of my life. Then I bought one of the new red colored 360 controllers and I've been VERY nice to that.

Since controllers are pretty expensive, I'm being very careful with my original PS3 one.

oh dont worry it was a original six axis without dual shock inside, sony fixed the problem when they made dual shock 3 controllers. if you look at it you will see on the old ones theres a peice attached between L1 and L2 also between R1 and R2 it would break off if hit with a shock, but with dual shock 3 its all part of the casing rather than a clipped in piece =)
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

It depends on how you play it. If you're gonna try and play it like God of War, don't expect to get past 1-1.

If you take your time and think about what you're doing then you'll have a much easier time of it, although the learning curve is still a lot steeper than a lot of games. Once you've spent some time learning how everything works then everything will click into place.

NeoMerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 NeoMerlin
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts

Demon's Souls isn't that hard. Yes, the game is challenging and unforgiving but if you actually think about what you're doing and learn how to play the game instead of assuming you can run in and button mash your way to victory, you'll die. You'll die a lot. Demon's Souls is a good game, very challenging and very fun but you need to actually play it. There's a dodge button for a reason.

pidokennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pidokennies
I've seen some of the gameplay. It's a bit similar to the Monster Hunter series' gameplay. I'm an expert on Monster Hunter, maybe I'll good on this one too.... I hope.
pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 pattyp77
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts

I'm plannin' on buying this game, but I've heard that it's very hard. It's either this or MW2. I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND HELP!!!! pidokennies

Dude - Demons Souls is no-where near as hard is it becomes for some people... Follow the Demons Souls Rules....

1) Hold your shield up at all times

2) Walk don't run

3) Let the enemy attack first, then counter

4) Always explore your surroundings first before running straight in

5) Keep health handy as number 1 and 2 item

6) Have Warding / Total Protection as your number 1 spell and cast before each encounter (This is for later in game).

Go Demons Souls - Its friggen amazing experiance - IF - You follow its rules :)

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Hmm.. question here, I've played a lot of hard games and I've beat them too, what's harder, This game or Ninja Gaiden Sigma? And i know NJS is not that hard, but I just want a comparison, thanks.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

The hardest part is figuring out what to do. The levels aren't presented in an order so it's kinda easy to get into a spot that's over your head. I hate that the "Rogue" class is basically screwed since that's what I normally start out w/ in RPGs. Also that if you fight a boss, and die you're either have to kill the boss, or forfiet those souls. I made it from the phalanx to the tower guard w/ all my souls only to find out there's no way in hell I'm beating that tower guard.

pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pattyp77

Hmm.. question here, I've played a lot of hard games and I've beat them too, what's harder, This game or Ninja Gaiden Sigma? And i know NJS is not that hard, but I just want a comparison, thanks.

Bloodseeker23

Ninja Gaiden WAY harder imo...

pidokennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pidokennies
Another question...... Is it similar to the Monster Hunter series? I mean gameplay-wise.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
its not hard its just unforgiving making it seem hard. Really all the enemies and bosses are easy to beat if you know how to beat them. You have to learn your opponents attacks, and find their weaknesses.
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

[QUOTE="Bloodseeker23"]

pattyp77

Ninja Gaiden WAY harder imo...

Oh ok thanks for the reply, I think I will get this game then :D. Probably around January tho, broke right now T_T
pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pattyp77

Oh ok thanks for the reply, I think I will get this game then :D. Probably around January tho, broke right now T_TBloodseeker23

I lost a controller to Ninja Gaiden Ghost piranah fish... Demons souls only got one control throw and that was Dragon God and even then it was not necessary... I was just not playing it right :)

Demons is not very hard - just think about what you are doing...

Cheers and enjoy!