Deleting Installed Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newdisease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 newdisease
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts

Hi all. I wonder if I could ask a (potentially stupid) question with regards to installed games. I'm starting to run out of space on my PS3 (40GB) so I was going to delete a couple of installed games to make some space except... I can't find any option to do so.

I can find the saved games (which are a few KB), but not the mandatory installation (which I know can be several GB for some games). Does deleting a save game automatically remove the mandatory installation as well, or do you have to format the whole hard drive and re-install the games you want?

Cheers!

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts
Like the saved Games are in one "folder", so are the installed Game Dat. Sadly I can't tell you how it's called in english, but AFAIR it is above the folder with the saved Games
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
no u dont have to delete the save files (they dont take up much space), but above the save files there is a folder called GAME DATA, go into that, highlight the game you want to delete, press TRIANGLE, and then go to delete...
newdisease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 newdisease
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts

So that IS the installed game. Cheers for the quick reply, I thought the "game data" was the right place to start deleting, but I wanted to check before I actually did it!

Thanks!

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
get yourself a 320gb drive from play.com (if you live in the UK) for 50 quid
JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

The only bad thing is you'll have to download updates again for online features (if there were any)

bf2nutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bf2nutta
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts

The only bad thing is you'll have to download updates again for online features (if there were any)

JKusanagi
Yeah thats the downside I had loads of games I had to download again..
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

No such thing as stupid questions.

Just thought I'd let you know ;)

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts
Deleting a game that is install frees up hard drive space. Just don't delete your saved data from the saved data folder if you ever want to replay that game again. The only downside to deleting a saved game thats installed is that you have to redownload the updates for that game.Get a better hard drive around 250GB or 500GB and backup your saved files to transfer them to your new hard drive. You won't ever run out of space with a bigger hard drive.
zarenco_dip707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zarenco_dip707
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

hi yes i want to know how that if i format the hard drive before i can save the game data in flash drive than how i can re-installed it in ps3 .pls help me

mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 mental_case_5
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

hi yes i want to know how that if i format the hard drive before i can save the game data in flash drive than how i can re-installed it in ps3 .pls help me

zarenco_dip707

Save the data into the flash drive, take out your HDD (and format if you want), put new HDD into PS3, save saved files onto new HDD and youu're good. (Remember to create a FAT32 File on the USB Flash Drive)