Decent two-player games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by edgewalker16 (2279 posts) -

I just bought a 2nd controller in preparation for the future multiplayer God of War. My girlfriend is half way through the second game--what a nice surprise! Anyway, what other decent two player games could we play that you all would recommend while we wait? It can be off of the PSN as well.

#2 Posted by darkspineslayer (19998 posts) -
Borderlands 2 and Playstation all stars battle royal both spring to mind as recent local multiplayer games. Borderlands is a co-op FPS-RPG hybrid that can be played split screen and PSASBR is kind of a fun little brawler you can enjoy against one another. Are you sure God of War is going to be local multiplayer? I hadn't heard it had local modes.
#3 Posted by Nophoria88 (410 posts) -
Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 5 & 6 (these games are at their best in co-op) and Sacred 2 (top down rpg comparable to Diablo) were some great co-op games my gf and I enjoyed together.
#4 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72969 posts) -
i would recomend Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
#5 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
are you sure the next god of war games 2player offline? I have not heard anything regarding any offline modes..all i have heard are online multiplayer (I hope you are right though) Topic Answer - Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed LBP/2
#6 Posted by chocolate1325 (32595 posts) -

Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed is good also Super Street Fighter 4 and LittleBigPlanet and even Rayman Origins.

#7 Posted by edgewalker16 (2279 posts) -

Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed is good also Super Street Fighter 4 and LittleBigPlanet and even Rayman Origins.

chocolate1325
Ah, Rayman Origins. I forgot about that one!
#8 Posted by chaotzu (773 posts) -
Yeah I'm pretty sure the new GoW won't have offline multiplayer, so you're SOL on that. Resident Evil 5 & 6 Killzone 3 (campaign is splitscreen co op) Resistance Trilogy NBA 2K13 Any fighting game
#9 Posted by clr84651 (5515 posts) -

Too many to list! Just look at gametrailers.com for them.

#10 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25805 posts) -
You mentioned PSN games so I'd suggest Dead Nation. Imagine a top down much more frantic Left 4 Dead and that's basically what it is.
#11 Posted by lolaaa1 (1 posts) -
I like mortal kombat... But I feel as if I will be attacked if I show my love. D: