Deadly Premontion this tuesday?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by marcheegsr (2965 posts) -

Is it actually being released this tuesday? I heard its like $40.

If so, does anybody plan on getting it? or is it a waist of money..

I know it was released way back for the xbox 360.

I read a review on the ps3 version :

""Depending on who you talk to, Deadly Premonition is either a joke or a masterpiece. Essentially Twin Peaks refracted through a Japanese survival horror prism, the game first hit the Xbox 360 back in 2010, where its off-kilter character interactions and bizarre optional activities (shaving! Peeping through strangers' windows!) sealed its cult status.

Now it's arrived on the PS3, in the form of a revised and expanded "director's cut". Plenty of rough edges remain the characters look like refugees from an airline safety video but for the most part these add to the eeriness. Capable of swinging from zany to nasty, inspired to absurd within the course of a single sequence, it remains a must-play for connoisseurs of kitsch.""

#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (25934 posts) -
Yeah I will be buying it for sure. Loved it on 360 and now I can play it in 3D. :D
#3 Posted by marcheegsr (2965 posts) -

Yeah I will be buying it for sure. Loved it on 360 and now I can play it in 3D. :DMethodManFTW

Does it have that Silent hill feel to it?

#4 Posted by AJC3317 (2512 posts) -
i'm not a fan of horror games but this sounds so quirky that I definitely think i'll be getting it at some point
#5 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
It's one of my favorite games on the 360, I'd buy it just to support the developer even without the new content. I've had it preordered since it became available.
#6 Posted by Texas2089 (16458 posts) -
I'm definitely picking this up Tuesday. I never got around to it on 360, but I love murder mysteries and the quirkiness is sure to keep me interested too. Really looking forward to it.
#7 Posted by sukraj (23472 posts) -

not getting it.

#8 Posted by Zero_resistance (232 posts) -

Never played it, heard it a bit of a marmite game (you either love it or you hate it)

Seen it quite cheap at my local Game shop, debating whether to get it myself !!

Do I get this or wait for The Evil Within ???

#9 Posted by blaqphantom (1829 posts) -

Never played it, heard it a bit of a marmite game (you either love it or you hate it)

Seen it quite cheap at my local Game shop, debating whether to get it myself !!

Do I get this or wait for The Evil Within ???

Zero_resistance
Evil Within doesn't come out to next year so you'll be waiting awhile
#10 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -
I'm debating on picking it up.
#11 Posted by getyeryayasout (7970 posts) -
Nearly bought it from PS Store for $40 but the 11.1 Gig file size put me off. I'll pick it up on disk.
#12 Posted by locus-solus (553 posts) -
i'm thinking about it something different might b good idk
#13 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -
I just bought an imported copy that should arrive soon. Couldn't wait for the mid may release here. Looks and sounds like my type of game so looking forward to it.
#14 Posted by marcheegsr (2965 posts) -

I just bought an imported copy that should arrive soon. Couldn't wait for the mid may release here. Looks and sounds like my type of game so looking forward to it.enz2

Where do you live?

Im in Canada, going to go to gamestop today and see if they have it.

#15 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -

[QUOTE="enz2"]I just bought an imported copy that should arrive soon. Couldn't wait for the mid may release here. Looks and sounds like my type of game so looking forward to it.marcheegsr

Where do you live?

Im in Canada, going to go to gamestop today and see if they have it.

Australia. Comes out 16/5.
#16 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

That actually looks pretty cool, I'll have to check it out eventually.

#17 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

I played it on the 360, and I don't think it's worth a $40 purchase for me. But it's so cool to see it coming to PS3, the more who get to play it the better.

#19 Posted by JustAddZombies (55 posts) -

Is there such a thing as a quirky horror game? Anyway, I have this on my list so I will eventually get around to it.

#20 Posted by Ballroompirate (23477 posts) -

I'll pick it up in a few months, this month is gonna hit my wallet pretty good while next month is TLOU, so I might be able to get it late June.

#21 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Mine shipped yesterday. I hate how Amazon has no urgency to ship the game unless you pay extra. For those on the fence, go for it, the game is awesome.white_sox
Do you have Prime? If not and you order a lot from Amazon, Prime is really worth it. Free 2-day shipping pays for itself if you order a lot through them. And many times they offer same day release shipping so you get the game delivered the day it hits stores.