dead space difficulty?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Wild_Card (4034 posts) -
Thinking of getting deadspace but was woundering what you guys who own it think of its defficulty? is it a realy hard game? i can beat MGS4 on its easy/med settings with out to much troble. well the first to settings were easy the 3rd hardist is a little challenging. i just hate a game thats to hard and i have to keep replaying levels ect.
#2 Posted by BPoole96 (22788 posts) -
Its fairly easy IMO. I just finished my first playthrough on normal and didnt have very much trouble. I strongly recommend the game though. It alot of fun
#3 Posted by Rob740 (174 posts) -
So far I've seen 3 difficulty settings: easy, medium, and hard. I'm currently playing on medium and am pleased with the difficulty. Its not brutal, but still manages to keep things interesting. I can't wait to try hard mode.
#4 Posted by Roblow0219 (72 posts) -
On normal it starts to challenge you towards the middle and through out. its not hard but you have to think fast and be strategic with your choices, such as your shots, weapon choice, and upgrades. Its a must have so i think u should get it.
#5 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
I'm playing through on Hard and it is hard! Very limited on ammo and health. Thank god for those little Stasis dispensers scattered around. Melee time!
#6 Posted by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

I'm playing through on Hard and it is hard! Very limited on ammo and health. Thank god for those little Stasis dispensers scattered around. Melee time!BioShockOwnz

Dude, after you beat it the first time, Impossible mode is unlocked. I cant wait! and You have to beat it on Impossible to get that gold trophy for beating the game on the hardest difficulty.

#7 Posted by white_sox (18198 posts) -
Around chapter 6 the ammo gets thin and it makes the game much harder but it makes for good use of strategy. The game is harder than MGS4. BTW, I highly recommend it, it's a great experience.
#8 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I'm playing through on Hard and it is hard! Very limited on ammo and health. Thank god for those little Stasis dispensers scattered around. Melee time!Ultrabeatdown55

Dude, after you beat it the first time, Impossible mode is unlocked. I cant wait! and You have to beat it on Impossible to get that gold trophy for beating the game on the hardest difficulty.

I'm finding hard mode to be pretty impossible.:lol: Each level has taken me about 2 hours because of constant deaths.

#9 Posted by Wild_Card (4034 posts) -
thanks guys. You all have been a big help. going to pick this up in a couple days. from the sound of it easy mod should be no problem for me. its not that im bad at games just that i get agravated easy and just dont enjoy games that pi$$ me off lol. im more in it for the fun and exp not the challenge. ;)