Dead Space boss fights

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
Let me start off by saying LET'S KEEP THIS SPOILER FREE. Now, one of the awards the game got from GS was the Great Boss Award. I figured this was because the boss fights were intense and required some strategy. Did I miss something? I am playing the game on normal, and maybe the boss fights come later but I am knee deep in chapter 4 and have yet to find one of these great boss fights. I have been trying to keep up with the story (listening to the audio logs, watching the video logs, but skipping the text logs...never again after Doom 3), and I am starting to piece together some things but obviously alot remains shrouded in mystery. Anyway, the first two chapters had standard shoot-to-death boss fights that didnt require any strategy, the third chapter just a big fight with a ton of enemies as it's final send-off and chapter 4 had two mini-boss style enemies in it, but no boss at the end. What the hell? Where are these great bosses? Oh, and also, that meteor segment in chapter 4 was ****ing evil. Still, it's an amazing and incredibly addicting game.
zouhou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 zouhou
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts
Let me start off by saying LET'S KEEP THIS SPOILER FREE. Now, one of the awards the game got from GS was the Great Boss Award. I figured this was because the boss fights were intense and required some strategy. Did I miss something? I am playing the game on normal, and maybe the boss fights come later but I am knee deep in chapter 4 and have yet to find one of these great boss fights. I have been trying to keep up with the story (listening to the audio logs, watching the video logs, but skipping the text logs...never again after Doom 3), and I am starting to piece together some things but obviously alot remains shrouded in mystery. Anyway, the first two chapters had standard shoot-to-death boss fights that didnt require any strategy, the third chapter just a big fight with a ton of enemies as it's final send-off and chapter 4 had two mini-boss style enemies in it, but no boss at the end. What the hell? Where are these great bosses? Oh, and also, that meteor segment in chapter 4 was ****ing evil. Still, it's an amazing and incredibly addicting game.Essian
hey i am pretty sure there is only 2 boss fights man also the game trailers review said boss fights are rare but i have yet to play the game
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
There are numerous boss fights and they are epic. The great boss award is well deserved to say the least. There are 12 chapters and you've barely scratched the surface of whats going on and in reference to different enemy type encounters. Enjoy!! :D
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
okay thanks Warbmxjohn, glad to hear that these fights are awesome. I definately have fun with the brutes! Anyway, I think I may have encountered the first great boss in chapter 5, and I am looking forward to taking him down later (dont wanna post any spoilers, so that is all I will say)
EmyrsII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 EmyrsII
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

horror games arnt really my forte... ive always been more frustrated with them then scared... my reaction times with analog controls still leave something to be desired. on a PC with a mouse and keyboard i could rock like nothing else.. doom3 was no challange.. but these damn console horror/shooters get me all tangled up... i keep thinking that i should give dead space a try though..

i still dont like this 60$ price point for games i just want to try... back when they were 40$ it didnt seem as bad.. but now to try a new genre or IP 60$ just seems too much,,,

treelog82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 treelog82
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts
Im on chapter 11 and I can only remember one actual boss fight. It was pretty cool, but nothing amazing. There is a larger than normal size enemy you encouter a few times in the game, but I wouldnt consider it a boss fight.
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 warbmxjohn
Im on chapter 11 and I can only remember one actual boss fight. It was pretty cool, but nothing amazing. There is a larger than normal size enemy you encouter a few times in the game, but I wouldnt consider it a boss fight.treelog82
[spoiler] I guess I consider the first brute encounter a boss fight even if it is a normal enemy later on.. Not to mention the continually regenerating beast three times ;) [/spoiler]
EmyrsII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EmyrsII
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

i read your spoiler even though i shouldnt have because i havent played the game... but it reminded me of Resistance FOM... [spoiler] They bring that first stalker on you and by the end of the game you face 5 or 6 in a row... honestly i think its a great gameplay technique.. "here. heres something that will drive you crazy to beat... oh and by the way 10 levels later you have to face 4 more back to back." hopefully like in RFOM Dead Space includes upgraded weapons to take care of such nuisances.. [/spoiler]

Roblow0219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Roblow0219
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
Im on chapter 11 and I can only remember one actual boss fight. It was pretty cool, but nothing amazing. There is a larger than normal size enemy you encouter a few times in the game, but I wouldnt consider it a boss fight.treelog82
Wow, u must not have any memory cause im on chap 10 and i fought atlest 3 or 4.
treelog82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 treelog82
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts

[QUOTE="treelog82"]Im on chapter 11 and I can only remember one actual boss fight. It was pretty cool, but nothing amazing. There is a larger than normal size enemy you encouter a few times in the game, but I wouldnt consider it a boss fight.Roblow0219

No my memory serves me just fine. Im used to tearing apart complex games, but this one is short and simple so I wouldnt forget.

I beat the game last night and there are two bosses. Thats it. They are great boss fights but there are only two. If your gonna count the regenerating Necros and Brutes as bosses thats pretty lame considering they arent tough to deal with at all, they are only slightly larger than regular enemies and you encounter them multiple times. That would be like calling the Zombies from Ninja Gaiden bosses, or Behemoths from a tough FF dungeon a boss. It doesnt work work that way.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 warbmxjohn

[QUOTE="Roblow0219"][QUOTE="treelog82"]Im on chapter 11 and I can only remember one actual boss fight. It was pretty cool, but nothing amazing. There is a larger than normal size enemy you encouter a few times in the game, but I wouldnt consider it a boss fight.treelog82

No my memory serves me just fine. Im used to tearing apart complex games, but this one is short and simple so I wouldnt forget.

I beat the game last night and there are two bosses. Thats it. They are great boss fights but there are only two. If your gonna count the regenerating Necros and Brutes as bosses thats pretty lame considering they arent tough to deal with at all, they are only slightly larger than regular enemies and you encounter them multiple times. That would be like calling the Zombies from Ninja Gaiden bosses, or Behemoths from a tough FF dungeon a boss. It doesnt work work that way.

I would have to disagree. [spoiler] Sure the brutes may not be bosses, but the regenerating necromorphs are. A creature does not have to dwarf the screen to be a 'boss' the regenerating necromorph encounters require more than just shooting to defeat them. You also have to use whats available in the surrounding area to defeat them. And even if you refuse to accept the regenerating necromorph encounters as bosses what about the 10 kiloton beast in food storage? the massive beast on top of the communications array? or finally what about the final boss thats three unquestionable boss encounters so unfortunately your memory does not serve you correctly mr. know it all naysayer. [/spoiler]
hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hhttppp
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
[QUOTE="treelog82"]

[QUOTE="Roblow0219"][QUOTE="treelog82"]Im on chapter 11 and I can only remember one actual boss fight. It was pretty cool, but nothing amazing. There is a larger than normal size enemy you encouter a few times in the game, but I wouldnt consider it a boss fight.warbmxjohn

I would have to disagree. [spoiler] Sure the brutes may not be bosses, but the regenerating necromorphs are. A creature does not have to dwarf the screen to be a 'boss' the regenerating necromorph encounters require more than just shooting to defeat them. You also have to use whats available in the surrounding area to defeat them. And even if you refuse to accept the regenerating necromorph encounters as bosses what about the 10 kiloton beast in food storage? the massive beast on top of the communications array? or finally what about the final boss thats three unquestionable boss encounters so unfortunately your memory does not serve you correctly mr. know it all naysayer. [/spoiler]

And I would have to disagree with you. The above poster is correct. This game only has two bosses. The thing you fight in the zero-g cylinder and the end boss. You can even youtube Dead Space boss fights and these are the only videos you will get. The brutes aren't bosses and it would be a stretch to even call them mini bosses. The arcade type shooting segment against the tentacles is just like the asteroid shooting segment, so is that a boss too? Even if you considered the regenerator a boss, which I wouldn't, that still only brings the game to a whopping 3, which in turn makes the other poster wrong saying that hes on chapter 10 and has fought at least 3 or 4. By your logic I could say those guys stuck to the walls spitting out smaller enemies are also bosses.

So basically yeah its two bosses. If you count the regenorator its 3 at the most. In other words get off your high horse calling people know it alls and nay sayers. I love this game, but I'm not gonna sit here and exaggerate what the game has to offer.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 warbmxjohn

And I would have to disagree with you. The above poster is correct. This game only has two bosses. The thing you fight in the zero-g cylinder and the end boss. You can even youtube Dead Space boss fights and these are the only videos you will get. The brutes aren't bosses and it would be a stretch to even call them mini bosses. The arcade type shooting segment against the tentacles is just like the asteroid shooting segment, so is that a boss too? Even if you considered the regenerator a boss, which I wouldn't, that still only brings the game to a whopping 3, which in turn makes the other poster wrong saying that hes on chapter 10 and has fought at least 3 or 4. By your logic I could say those guys stuck to the walls spitting out smaller enemies are also bosses.

So basically yeah its two bosses. If you count the regenorator its 3 at the most. In other words get off your high horse calling people know it alls and nay sayers. I love this game, but I'm not gonna sit here and exaggerate what the game has to offer.

hhttppp

Agree to disagree. Its obvious our definition of what a 'boss' is differs. The thing on the communication array is a boss encounter to me regardless of whether you use the ADS or not.. And by my logic the regenerating necromorphs needed to be shot down to be limbless in a specific position and then use the cryogenic freezer or the escape shuttles engine to kill them that makes them more than a shoot this so many times its dead move on. Thats my logic so how does the things on the wall fit into that?

But seriously youtube (uploaded and labeled videos by just anybody) is a credible source of information? LOL at that...

hhttppp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hhttppp
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
[QUOTE="hhttppp"]

warbmxjohn

Agree to disagree. Its obvious our definition of what a 'boss' is differs. The thing on the communication array is a boss encounter to me regardless of whether you use the ADS or not.. And by my logic the regenerating necromorphs needed to be shot down to be limbless in a specific position and then use the cryogenic freezer or the escape shuttles engine to kill them that makes them more than a shoot this so many times its dead move on. Thats my logic so how does the things on the wall fit into that?

But seriously youtube (uploaded and labeled videos by just anybody) is a credible source of information? LOL at that...

Sure I guess you can label whatever you want a boss fight, but I would be interested to see your views on what boss fights are in other games.

As for youtube, sure its not credible, but my point was to show what the vast majority of people posting videos on this game consider a boss fight, which seems to have you in the minority here. Thats all.

Cyphus07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Cyphus07
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

I've beaten the game on medium and there are a few boss fights, 4 or so maybe. The last boss is certainly epic in size, but the strat to kill it is rather easy, I didn't even use a medpac, not even close. There is an unlockable difficulty lvl - Impossible. So ... i think this game will require a lot more work on Hard or Impossible. I'm going to give the latter a shot and see how impossible it can be.

Great game though, very cool.