This topic is locked from further discussion.

king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

No - sadly folks, I am not hear to tell you that Dead Rising is coming to the PSP, as CAPCOM seemed to have confined themselves to the Xbox 360 when it put 'ONLY FOR XBOX 360' on it.

This doesn't mean that they won't make some kind of Dead Rising kind of game for the PSP - it's ideal apart from a possible, or should I say likely problem with frame rates.

The reason I say it's ideal is because of Dead Rising's innovative control system that would translate so perfectly onto the PSP:

- R and L for switching through items
- X as jump
- O replacing X on the 360 as a fight button
- [] as action
- / as custom aim or something
- Directional buttons could control camera whilst thumbstick controlled character or vice versa

Seeing as the moves and actions only consisted of X, A and flicking of the thumbstick these controls would be perfect for the PSP and Dead Rising would be perfect for a portable game due to it's pick-up and play appeal.

There could also be Multiplayer within the game; perhaps for Ad-Hoc zombie killing competitions (i.e. see who can kill the most in the time limit); or for Infracture humans against zombie battles in the Mall.

I write this because I am curious to know whether I am the only one who thinks Dead Rising would be great on the PSP (if the framerate wasn't an issue) and also if anyone knows about a similar concept that might be coming to the PSP.

I would also be interested to hear any ideas or thoughts you had on the matter. :roll:

1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
I guess I could see it, doubt it would happen though.
bassbx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bassbx23
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts

I would love to see a game like that for the psp.

But I highly doubt capcom would make a game like that for the psp.

Maybe another company, but I don't think capcom would.

king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

I would love to see a game like that for the psp.

But I highly doubt capcom would make a game like that for the psp.

Maybe another company, but I don't think capcom would.

bassbx23

I hope so - it would be cool if if you found out anything that could be a sign of something like it you could post a topic or something... :)

ajja1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ajja1234
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
This morning I saw a dead rising cd for the psp in a Sony shop.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I don't like the idea of the directional buttons being camera control. That way it's not possible to turn the camera while running. And that would be a pretty big problem for this game, I think. I also can't think of a better way to do it on the PSP. It could work on the NGP though when that's out since it has 2 sticks.

mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

This morning I saw a dead rising cd for the psp in a Sony shop.ajja1234

How in the world did you find this thread? It's almost 3 years old.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#8 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

mastershakez
This is Google's first result for the terms, "dead rising psp". :P
mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

[QUOTE="mastershakez"]

Granpire

This is Google's first result for the terms, "dead rising psp". :P

Haha, nice. Well the topics not really dated in terms of discussion, so I guess we could talk about it still(there must be some reason gamespot holds 4 year old topics).

I don't think that even a toned down port of Dead Rising would of ever worked right on the PSP, but now we know about the NGP. What do you guys think, will they be able to give us a full Dead Rising game on the NGP? I'm sure at the least, they could do something like Chop till you Drop on the Wii.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#10 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I'm not a fan of zombie games myself (I find them distasteful), but I guess it would work. :P
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lazyathew

I don't think that even a toned down port of Dead Rising would of ever worked right on the PSP, but now we know about the NGP. What do you guys think, will they be able to give us a full Dead Rising game on the NGP? I'm sure at the least, they could do something like Chop till you Drop on the Wii.

mastershakez

lol, I didn't even notice how old this topic was untill ya brought it up.

But yeah, the number of zombies on screen is a pretty big aspect of Dead Rising I think as well. Which can't be done on the PSP, even Chop till ya drop doesn't look right to me either. But I think the NGP is supposed to be as powerful as the PS3, if that's true, then it could work.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

I'm not a fan of zombie games myself (I find them distasteful), but I guess it would work. :PGranpire

Shooting zombies in the face is a bit more tasteful than shooting an innocent character in GTA, just in terms of weighing up a few other genre of shooters.

At least when shooting a zombie in the face, you know that zombie will not have a little virtual home and family to go home to.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wakefulness

[QUOTE="mastershakez"]

lazyathew

But yeah, the number of zombies on screen is a pretty big aspect of Dead Rising I think as well. Which can't be done on the PSP, even Chop till ya drop doesn't look right to me either. But I think the NGP is supposed to be as powerful as the PS3, if that's true, then it could work.

I remember playing Bounty Hounds for the PSP and having swarms of things attack me in a pretty complex environment. Very smooth frame rates as well.

The NGP could definitly handle a lot,

NGP_trinigy

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lazyathew

[QUOTE="lazyathew"]

[QUOTE="mastershakez"]

wakefulness

I remember playing Bounty Hounds for the PSP and having swarms of things attack me in a pretty complex environment. Very smooth frame rates as well.

Did it have as many as Dead Rising? Even the Wiicouldn't handle as many as the 360 version, it cut down on the Zombies a lot.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="lazyathew"]lol, I didn't even notice how old this topic was untill ya brought it up.

lazyathew

Did it have as many as Dead Rising? Even the Wiicouldn't handle as many as the 360 version, it cut down on the Zombies a lot.

BH had quite a few and that along with the hack and slash (and shoot em up) is what made for a pretty visceral appeal. Really cool PSP game,

BH

It is more about the balancing models and polygon count on a scene that matters. BH for the PSP did that really well. There is at least 9 in that one scene and as soon as you would step in any other direction there would be even more. I have not played that game in sometime. Also, I do not believe I have played Dead Rising at least, not in depth (beyond a demo).

BH is pretty repetitive though. Not sure if that is because it was about 1gb or it was just the game creators own conscious decision. It is fun as far as that genre goes though. I really liked it. It is in my top 20-25PSP games of all time.