Day one patch for PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71184 posts) -
#2 Edited by lyndonAPI (2793 posts) -

No surprise here and not a biggie. The 300 MB download shouldn't take long.

#3 Edited by 404FredNotFound (79 posts) -

This is no surprise, they needed to start manufacturing the consoles has soon has possible so I'm guessing they started production with the very basic Firmware, thus leaving everything that was't 100% for a launch patch, its a common practice in the gaming industry also, allot of games do the same, there's allot of day 1 patches for games, date lines are very complicated so they need to cram has much has possible until the production starts and then if needed finish until launch.

Personally this doesn't bother me, but I see this being an issue for a minority with problematic internet.

#4 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71184 posts) -

No surprise here and not a biggie. The 300 MB download shouldn't take long.

yeah, not a biggie, those who are complaining about this should take a look at Xbox One. It's the same deal, same with Wii U. X1 also needs it for even to function

#5 Posted by JohnF111 (14088 posts) -

@404FredNotFound: Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Get it working well with minimal features to let the more complex features bake for a while longer.

#6 Edited by soapman72 (2713 posts) -

It will be fine if it works... (Wii U)

#7 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71184 posts) -

I don't really have any problem with this to be honest

#8 Posted by Izak80 (256 posts) -

Yeah, ita business as usual.

#9 Edited by atc-fanatic (973 posts) -

I think every console most consoles needed day1 patch since the 360 release.

#10 Posted by bezza2011 (2408 posts) -

at least it will work.

hasn't the Xbox One need the patch for anything to work because it's still on DRM settings