Dark Souls - some guidance?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by idunnodude (2283 posts) -

hey i recently got this game and i just got some questions if someone could help me out id appreciate it. kk right now im around lvl 40. im trying to make a sort of paladin faith/str type of build for pvp. eventually i want to get like some cool looking gold armor and better miracles (all i have is heal now).

i was wondering, what is a good weapon for a faith build? that scales with faith i guess? everyone has really crazy powered weapons in pvp and im still rocking the drake sword cuz i didnt find anything better and i want to save my items to level up the better weapons. and what route should i take with that weapon? like how and where do i upgrade it?

also, i recently just beat sif the huge wolf with the awesome sword. ive also cleared the gargoyles and the butterfly. where should i go now so i can get the high power weapons suitable for my build and some cool gold paladin type of armour?

one more thing, where do i get better miracles? i keep raising faith but i kinda don't know why im doing it cuz all i have is heal. the other miracles that the fat armour guy in firelink shrine are kinda useless too. thanks

#2 Posted by Threesixtyci (4300 posts) -

Some tips of how to use knock back and such...
Also shows where you can find the illusion type Sorcery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUXTidWEg3o

#3 Posted by Byshop (12618 posts) -

A lot of the good miracles come from joining the right covenant. Warrior of Sunlight gets you Lighting Spear to start and Great Lighting Spear at level 1. You need 25 faith to join that covenant, but you can decrease this requirement by helping other players online. Gravelord Servant gets you Gravelord Sword Dance and a Gravelord sword to start, and Gravelord Great Sword Dance at higher level. Others can be purchased from specific merchants.

For weapons, that's pretty open. You can upgrade a lot of weapons to Divine and later Occult, which gets you A scaling on your faith stat depending on the weapon. Check out one of the several Dark Souls wikis for complete breakdowns of weapon path upgrades.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/

-Byshop

#4 Posted by Minishdriveby (10386 posts) -

If you want a good grinding place, here's the best spot early in the game.

If you have good equipment it's usually faster to just run up and kill them yourself, but if you're under leveled just let them run off the cliff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kls9OcapgjU

The next best grinding spot is the Silver Knights in Anor Londo. You can do a circuit killing about 9-11 of them in 1min 30sec.

#5 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

Did you go to Blighttown and ring the 2nd Bell of Awakening yet? If not, go there now.

If you have, head to Sen's Fortress. It's a boobytrapped funhouse, but stay sharp and you'll pass through just fine.

#6 Posted by Minishdriveby (10386 posts) -

Did you go to Blighttown and ring the 2nd Bell of Awakening yet? If not, go there now.

If you have, head to Sen's Fortress. It's a boobytrapped funhouse, but stay sharp and you'll pass through just fine.

mikeyMKII
Also make sure to get the shortcut key in Sen's Fortress that way you never have to traverse it again.
#7 Posted by idunnodude (2283 posts) -

ok i just cleared the depths gaping dragon and capra demon. apparently i went the wrong way for a while since most ppl do those areas earlier. i guess ill head to blighttown next, is that where the second bell is? i have the master key so i already explored the shortcut there a bit from new londo but didnt stay in blighttown to long cuz i kept getting poisoned. i heard its faster if you take the shortcut from new londo?

ok another question. after i beat capra demon i went straight to the depths and beat gaping dragon. then i returned to firelink shrine. now i noticed that the fat guy who sells miracles (i think his name is petrolus or something?) is gone. i talked to the dude in chainmail right by the bonfire and he said that the huge crow snatched up some guy that looked like he curled up in a ball. im assuming that was the miracle dude? any idea where he went?

also, i keep hearing that im supposed to meet rhea of thoruland who is another miracle seller. i need some miracles, all i have is heal. but i never met her? i think its cuz i went and killed other bosses instead of the expected route. am i screwed? i heard you have to rescue her in the tomb of giants or something. i went there and killed pinwheel before i killed capra and gaping dragon and i didn't see anyone except patches who kicked me into a hole. left him alive though i dont kill npcs. so is rhea there now or what?

man this is some confusing stuff lol. id be really pissed if im screwed out of getting her miracles since i intended my character to be a paladin faith/str type of build.

#8 Posted by Byshop (12618 posts) -

ok i just cleared the depths gaping dragon and capra demon. apparently i went the wrong way for a while since most ppl do those areas earlier. i guess ill head to blighttown next, is that where the second bell is? i have the master key so i already explored the shortcut there a bit from new londo but didnt stay in blighttown to long cuz i kept getting poisoned. i heard its faster if you take the shortcut from new londo?

ok another question. after i beat capra demon i went straight to the depths and beat gaping dragon. then i returned to firelink shrine. now i noticed that the fat guy who sells miracles (i think his name is petrolus or something?) is gone. i talked to the dude in chainmail right by the bonfire and he said that the huge crow snatched up some guy that looked like he curled up in a ball. im assuming that was the miracle dude? any idea where he went?

also, i keep hearing that im supposed to meet rhea of thoruland who is another miracle seller. i need some miracles, all i have is heal. but i never met her? i think its cuz i went and killed other bosses instead of the expected route. am i screwed? i heard you have to rescue her in the tomb of giants or something. i went there and killed pinwheel before i killed capra and gaping dragon and i didn't see anyone except patches who kicked me into a hole. left him alive though i dont kill npcs. so is rhea there now or what?

man this is some confusing stuff lol. id be really pissed if im screwed out of getting her miracles since i intended my character to be a paladin faith/str type of build.

idunnodude

The chick you are talking about is in the hole you get kicked in, but -again- all the answers to these questions are in the wikis I linked.

-Byshop