Dark Souls - always host?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

hey i just beat dark souls (hell of a game, literally). and now ive started new game plus so i can have pvp matches in undead burg. so far its actually been pretty good. most ppl bow before fights and don't screw around too much. like in the forest and kiln, id mostly get gangbanged. im just wondering though, why am i always hosting? when i put down a red sign it dissapears after a couple of seconds. and if try to use a cracked eye orb (or whatever its called) to invade it says its searching for world then just kinda fades away and then someone invades me.

now i actually have no problem with this, i mean im there to get into fights anyway and ive been getting them really frequently. but the thing is that occasionally you will have your cowardly players that will run away to enemy mobs right before dying and heal, backstab me while im bowing, or just spam the hell out of combustion or something. and when they kill me i lose humanity since im hosting. i know its part of the game and i don't have a problem with trying to adjust and all, but how do i get humanity if i run out?

i know you can farm rats in the depths for humanity, but to get there im pretty sure you have to clear undead burg and the taurus demon. and if i do that then i can't pvp there no more which im not going to do cuz this is the most honourable and active pvp spot ive found so far. so is there any other way to get humanities? or if anyone has some that they can trade me or something? i have a bunch of weapons, armor and all different kinds of titanite chunks and stuff that i dont need so im willing to offer whatever.

ill take as many as i can get. ive managed to hold off and get a good amount of wins so i havent lost all of them yet. even took out some gankers (felt hella good lol). ive been pvping for hours with only like 8 humanities and i got 5 left i think. so if i could get like 10 or 20 or something id be good for a while lol. im level 115 or somewhere around there. thanks.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

You need the master key to bypass that first boss battle. The merchant with the goofy armor (the guy that you first meet in the Depths, by Blight town entrance) is who sells it once he's at Firelink, but you missed your chance to buy it on that first playthru. As for humanity, you get free ones randomly, as long as your in an area where the Boss isn't defeated yet. I think it's based on the number of enemies you kill. Seems to cap off at around 3 or so, too. There is that 1 rat in the beginning that you can kill for the drops, but.... with only 1 you'll have to do a lot of walking and need a whole lot of luck.

Also, your red orbs aren't finding many battles, because your SL level is likely too high. Your getting invaded often for the same reason. As in more people using orbs in NG+ to find PvP than people waiting to be invaded. While there are even more people there that are below level 25 who you can't invade.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 idunnodude

You need the master key to bypass that first boss battle. The merchant with the goofy armor (the guy that you first meet in the Depths, by Blight town entrance) is who sells it once he's at Firelink, but you missed your chance to buy it on that first playthru. As for humanity, you get free ones randomly, as long as your in an area where the Boss isn't defeated yet. I think it's based on the number of enemies you kill. Seems to cap off at around 3 or so, too. There is that 1 rat in the beginning that you can kill for the drops, but.... with only 1 you'll have to do a lot of walking and need a whole lot of luck.

Also, your red orbs aren't finding many battles, because your SL level is likely too high. Your getting invaded often for the same reason. As in more people using orbs in NG+ to find PvP than people waiting to be invaded. While there are even more people there that are below level 25 who you can't invade.

Threesixtyci

hey i do have the masterkey. wait so can you go through the havels door and get into depths via darkroot? never thought about that. i guess i have to go to lower undead burg to beat capra demon to get the key right? lol i guess i have some serious pathfinding to do. and dont most ppl pvp at around lvl 120? im like 115 or something so how is that too high?

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Yeah, but Twinks and New builds hang out in undead burg and Twinks generally stay under 30, while New generally stay Hollow. That only leaves other like yourself there that are invading more than waiting or are just moving on thru, or are using Red Soap Stones.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Online

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 idunnodude

what are twinks? its wierd i thought level 120 was like the level most ppl pvp at. i leveled up to 120 and i seem to get a bit less action now since i was lvl 115. its still alright though i still get into fights consistently, but a lot of the time its the same ppl and when they are a bunch of wussies that backstab you while your bowing, gank or run away and heal. its gets kinda annoying cuz i just have to kind of wait it out until they realise im not gonna fall for that stupid crap lol.

i can barely ever get an invasion. for whatever reason its always me hosting. so whatever red sign i see i summon them and hope for a good fight. i still havent run out of humanity though lol i started with like 3 today, went up to 20 and then back down to 10 or something.

man i really hope they really get in depth with the pvp in dark souls 2, and for the love of god remove backstabs. today i literally got backstabbed from 20 feet away it was ridiculous. closest ive come to breaking my controller in a while. this is one of the few games that you can benefit from having a crappy connection. i would love to see more variety in the characters, most ppl just throw on a shield and katana and flip around all over the place lagstabbing the crap outta everything. i feel like im one of the only dudes that wear armor anymore.