Crysis 2 vs Killzone 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

Which is better online? I plan on trading black ops for one of these. Also how active is crysis 2? I know killzone 3 will be more than active for time to come due to Killzone 2 but I jsut don't think Crysis 2 will last more than a year

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

As a whole, Killzone 3 is a much better game. More balanced in terms of gameplay overall and honestly I appreciated the visuals in Killzone more than Crysis 2.. that's just me.

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shadow13702

As a whole, Killzone 3 is a much better game. More balanced in terms of gameplay overall and honestly I appreciated the visuals in Killzone more than Crysis 2.. that's just me.

destinhpark

How was killzone 3 gameplay? Was it the same as Killzone 2 or did anything change majorly? Only thing I hated about killzone 2 was a problem was the spawn trapping :(

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

get kz3, crysis 2 is what i refer to as "the real frustration simulator"

MaKillaGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 MaKillaGorilla
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

Crysis + better campaign

Killzone + Better multiplayer

They are both good but i found crysis worth renting and killzone worth buying....for about two weeks.

FPSs are getting boring.

Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

Killzone 3 is excellent all around, in my opinion ofcourse!

Great story, great single player, and excellent MP (spawn trapping i found is less of an issue during busy periods!)

Crysis 2 is great, but the great single player, which is somewhat broken by severly OP Stealth, doesn't make up for the truly poor MP.

Broken servers, crappy hit detection, and everyone thinking they can ninja their way through a MP game meant that i found it boring and frustrating!

KZ3 has to be the answer if you want a little longevity out of your game!

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

i havent played crysis 2 but i hear the campaign is really where the game is at. As for killzone 3 i found the campaign to not be that great, it just didnt have that wow factor to me as part 2 did and also the fact that its pretty short. The multiplayer on the other hand is really fun and you said your looking at the online so i say go for killzone 3. I see killzone 3 multiplayer being more active compare to crysis 2.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

Haven't even played Kz3 and the answer is Kz3. Crysis 2 as everyone has said was a great campaign but the MP is completelybroken. It's nothing but missed potential and crappy netcoding... Plus tons and tons of bugs.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

[QUOTE="destinhpark"]

shadow13702

How was killzone 3 gameplay? Was it the same as Killzone 2 or did anything change majorly? Only thing I hated about killzone 2 was a problem was the spawn trapping :(

Its still there, but not as bad as 2. The online is horribly laggy, just as bad as cod sometimes. The SP is nothing special at all. It feels just like 2 but with more responsive controls. Most warzone games take place on that kz2 map from the retro map pack so you need to get it. There are only a few maps and they arent as good as 2, but with better spawns at least. Crysis 2 has a excellent sp but a mediocre online. If your looking for a good sp experience get crysis, if you want a goood online get kz3 but know it can be bad right now until a patch arrives.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i have both games but i prefer killzone 3
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
get killzone 3.. crysis 2: hit detection is horrible very laggy
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#12 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Who cares about online! It's the single player which is worth playing in both of these games. Killzone 3 is epic.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Crysis 2 Campaign is where it's at.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
When I first played Crisis 2, it immediately reminded me of Killzone. It's hard to truly compare them. You have to remember that in Crysis, you're a super soldier. Not played Killzone 3, but I'm completing Killzone 2 currently, and both games are very similar. If not same lol. Especially the cover system and the Sprint system. I like both games though.
mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts
[QUOTE="mattamomo"][QUOTE="campzor"] crysis 2: hit detection is horrible very laggy

I'm sorry but that is your connection Crysis 2 is a realistic shooter Kill zone 3 is a more what if shooter I preferred new york to the maps with broken buildings in a forest so I got crysis 2 The online os in no way broken, it's constantly smooth for me, I have had literally no trouble So anyone saying otherwisenhas bad connection or is just up your average hater EDIT: Crysis 2 campaign is the best in any FPS this gen Absalouteky awesome
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="mattamomo"][QUOTE="mattamomo"][QUOTE="campzor"] crysis 2: hit detection is horrible very laggy

I'm sorry but that is your connection Crysis 2 is a realistic shooter Kill zone 3 is a more what if shooter I preferred new york to the maps with broken buildings in a forest so I got crysis 2 The online os in no way broken, it's constantly smooth for me, I have had literally no trouble So anyone saying otherwisenhas bad connection or is just up your average hater EDIT: Crysis 2 campaign is the best in any FPS this gen Absalouteky awesome

no its not my connection..even when i got to be host it still had bad hit detection and all that jazz...
Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

I've got killzone 3 - very hard, very short campaign and only 3 MP modes. The MP is pretty fun though. Haven't got crysis 2 so can't comment on it.

Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

[QUOTE="mattamomo"][QUOTE="campzor"] crysis 2: hit detection is horrible very laggymattamomo

Sorry man,

But you're wrong.

I have a perfect connection on every other game.

Crysis 2's MP for ME was laggy, with bad hit detection and constantly DC'ing servers.

I aint your average hater either, I have been a Crysis fan since the first release. And while it's not as good as 1 or WH, I enjoyed it.

The fact that the majority of people I speak to say the same thing about the Crysis 2 MP, shows that it is more than just hate. It's simply broken.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mattamomo

Sorry man,

But you're wrong.

I have a perfect connection on every other game.

Crysis 2's MP for ME was laggy, with bad hit detection and constantly DC'ing servers.

I aint your average hater either, I have been a Crysis fan since the first release. And while it's not as good as 1 or WH, I enjoyed it.

The fact that the majority of people I speak to say the same thing about the Crysis 2 MP, shows that it is more than just hate. It's simply broken.

TroubleMaker411

i have never had such problems

agree to disagree

narkij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 narkij
Member since 2010 • 106 Posts

Didn't like Crysis 2, never will unless they fix all of the game-breaking issues, which I doubt they will.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Crysis 2 single player is excellent. I had 18 hours on the last mission, keep in mind I enjoyed exploring (almost got all collectibles), and I played majority of the game in stealth + tactical options while planing my approach strategies. Online isn't my cup of tea, everyone are on COD steroids. Very little teamwork at all...

Killzone 3 has a great single player, however too short for my taste as I prefer single player games. However, online is where the game shines. If you're looking for multiplayer, Killzone 3 is much better.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#23 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

never played KZ2 online, but i have to say i enjoyed KZ3 more than C2 online...SP, its the other way around

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Both have their issues online. KZ3 lacks custom matches and has truly awful matchmaking, with no option for browsing matches instead of it (I don't get why server browsers are being removed from games these days, matchmaking just isn't good enough yet) Crysis 2 suffers from insane hitboxes on heads, making random headshots happen everytime anyone shoots.
IAMTHEVIPQUEEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 IAMTHEVIPQUEEN
Member since 2009 • 723 Posts

I'm having a hard time playing Crysis 2 online.....people on it are really good.....or I'm just having a difficult time adjusting to the whole "invisible" players.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts
Why does everybody say crysis 2 is not worth it? Im a KZ player but KZ3 is too camping game. Crysis 2 is better. Im myself will get it soon when the price drops.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#27 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Crysis 2 was one of my most anticipated gamesof the year and I can HONESTLY say that I wish I would have rented it. The SP was ok but it took to long to get to the shock and awe of the game. As others have said the MP can be a hit or a miss(for me it was a miss). I already knew what I was getting into with KZ3 because I played the demo multiple times

Crysis 2 wasn't a big letdown but I can't see me keeping the game...gonna be trading it in VERY soon!!!

salil_173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 salil_173
Member since 2010 • 60 Posts

[QUOTE="mattamomo"][QUOTE="campzor"] crysis 2: hit detection is horrible very laggymattamomo

did u just say that crysis 2 is a realistic shooter?

if you DO have a nano suit, i dont think we live in the same reality mate..

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mattamomo

[QUOTE="mattamomo"][QUOTE="mattamomo"][QUOTE="campzor"] crysis 2: hit detection is horrible very laggysalil_173

did u just say that crysis 2 is a realistic shooter?

if you DO have a nano suit, i dont think we live in the same reality mate..

ok, it is more plausible, that ok for you?

it is impossible for us to get to other planets so killzone 3 is just pure fantasy

where as crysis is set on earth . . . theese aliens may live longer and can move to other planets, making it a realistic situation

and yes in the future there proably will be super soldiers

so yes it is plausible

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shadow13702

[QUOTE="shadow13702"]

[QUOTE="destinhpark"]

tutt3r

Its still there, but not as bad as 2. The online is horribly laggy, just as bad as cod sometimes. The SP is nothing special at all. It feels just like 2 but with more responsive controls. Most warzone games take place on that kz2 map from the retro map pack so you need to get it. There are only a few maps and they arent as good as 2, but with better spawns at least. Crysis 2 has a excellent sp but a mediocre online. If your looking for a good sp experience get crysis, if you want a goood online get kz3 but know it can be bad right now until a patch arrives.

Alright thanks for answering my questions.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#31 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Crysis 2 was awesome. Haven't play KZ3 yet but if it's anything like KZ2 it's overrated and nothing special. Also, I see very little improvements in the graphics.

skywarp_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skywarp_00
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts
In MP summary for me: Killzone 3: Very competative millitary style with excelent physics but hard at times to aim down the sights. Graphics and sound is superb and offers great gameplay types in MP compared to other FPS. Can join friends via selection or invite. Crysis 2: Futuristic fast passed "arcadey" style online play. Takes a bit of adjusting to the pase. Abilities and perks are well done. Graphics have rendering issues time to time but other than that the level designs are amazing. Can only join friends via invite which is very annoying.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Online, I think Killzone 3 is better, but only because Crysis 2's online is kinda broken (and I'm usually very patient and tolerant regarding online games).

However, Crysis 2's singleplayer campaign is a lot better and Killzone 3's.

skywarp_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 skywarp_00
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts
crysis 2: ya i get stuck in a lobby whilst everyone is playing and i can still talk to them and hear them WTF BROKEN
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I'm gonna go with Killzone 3 on this, the Singleplayer is decent but the Multiplayer is amazing.

It's the exact opposite for Crysis 2, if it weren't for trophies and me wanting to get the easy platinum, I would have traded the game in (but no, they had to incorporate the 6 months and level 50 trophy).

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts

Which is better online? I plan on trading black ops for one of these. Also how active is crysis 2? I know killzone 3 will be more than active for time to come due to Killzone 2 but I jsut don't think Crysis 2 will last more than a year

shadow13702
Killzone 3! Hey, I traded in Black Ops @ Gamestop Sunday... got about $36 for it. I think the 10th was the last day for that offer... I could be wrong.
hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

I enjoyed Crysis 2...i did...

However i just recently began KZ3 and i have to say i already know KZ3 is much better. imo of course.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Crysis 2 by a long shot. Crysis 2's single-player is longer and much better. The multiplayer is also a blast. Killzone 3 is a step backwards from Killzone 2.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts
So if MP was fixed in crysis 2 without those glitches and that it would be better than KZ3?
yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts
I feel that I come down on the side of Crysis 2 on this one. I've finished the campaign on both, and spent some time on MP on both - though I must admit I've not spent hours and hours on them. The Crysis 2 campaign just grabbed me much more than Killzone 3. KZ 3 really just felt like an on rails shooter, and I didn't really get into the story. At least Crysis 2 gives the illusion of some choice, even if that's only in how you get the endpoint, rather than having any influence on what the endpoint is. For MP, Crysis 2 has been a little laggy at times, and I've been stuck in the lobby a few times, but I just find it more fun than KZ3. I found KZ3 quite restricted compared to KZ2. I find it hard to explain why, but I just clicked with Crysis 2's gameplay more.
chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
Overall I would say Killzone 3, but Crysis 2 is awesome. Everyone needs to play both games if they can. Graphically Killzone 3 is better (keep in mind I've only played the PS3 version of Crysis 2). The PS3 version has bad framerate that gets worse when things get crazy. SP wise Crysis blows Killzone 3 away. It's not even close. The power sliding and cover mechanic that KIllzone 3 brags about is in Crysis 2, plus all kinds of other abilities that lets you really finish the game any way you want. Predator or Rambo, it's your choice. Crysis 2 makes you plan out your attack before you engage the enemy. BUT...Killzone 3 has split screen co op which shouldn't be ignored. I beat it with a buddy on Elite mode and it's one of, if not the best co op experience on PS3. You can't help but have flashbacks of Contra while playing.
s4udi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 s4udi_
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Crysis 2 :)
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I've been playing Killzone 3 and wow I can't believe it got a lower score than the second, because it's so impressively improved over the 2nd one. From visuals to storyline, to gameplay it is way better than the second one in my opinion. I haven't played Crysis 2.

tonybless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tonybless
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Been playing Killzone 3 and in my opinion a very good game, single player was great and has a very addicting multiplayer. As for Crysis 2, only played the multiplayer demo. Thought it was cool but, I can see it getting tiresome real quick. Definitely want to give it atleast a rental.

ThatManTrama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ThatManTrama
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Price on the market Crysis 2 - $59.95 Killzone 3 - $59.99 Rating Crysis 2 - 9.0 Killzone 3 - 8.5 I suggest getting Killzone 3 because it's obviously much better than crysis 2. And graphics are better in Killzone 3 when you compare those 2 games. It's really worth buying and worth playing :)