Countdown to the PS4 Launch!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Click here to view Count-down!

Greetings, Gamespotters!

Well, that day is almost here - the day when the Playstation 4 launches. We have only a little over 1 week left, as of today!

In celebration of the event, and to help build the hype a little bit, I've added this countdown timer to the thread to help people keep track of just how much time is left until November 15th.

EDIT: The original count-down image wasn't working, but you can still click the link to see how much time we have left until launch!

Why Have you Created this Thread?

Well, nobody else has made a count-down thread for the PS4 here yet, as far as I can tell. Heck, Sony doesn't even seem to have an official countdown timer for the event!

And I think this gives those of us who are planning on getting the PS4 on launch night a sort of 'official' place to count the days til the launch together.

What Can I Do Here?

We have a solid 8 days left until the PS4 launches, a lot of us are going stir-crazy waiting for that final week to tick away... Might as well use this as an opportunity to discuss the PS4 with each other, and talk about our fond memories of other Sony consoles over the years.

There's a lot of history and nostalgia associated with the Playstation brand for many of us. I'm sure a lot of you have fond memories of the first time you played Crash Bandicoot or Ape Escape, that time you got a PS2 at launch, or those dark days when PSN was hacked and the PS3 went offline for a while.

I'm sure as these final days tick on, many of us will get to try out in-store kiosks of the PS4 and form early impressions of it, if we haven't already. And of course we can use the opportunity to meet other people who are planning on getting the PS4 at launch, and maybe add some new pals to our friend list.

The sky is really the limit for discussion here, but let's keep things light and stay away from intense debates. The point is to remember good times, and look forward to new experiences with Sony Playstation. Let's try to keep things optimistic!

On a related note, I will probably visit the PS4 forum more frequently now. I haven't really been around much lately, but I figure with all of these new games coming out for the PS4 that I'm interested in, maybe I'll meet some other people here who like the same kinds of games as me. So this thread is also my sort of unofficial "Hello" to ya'll. After the launch, maybe I will even post some screenshots and game play videos from the PS4 if that's doable. Might be fun.

So. Sony PS4. ...Let's talk Playstation!

~ Ovirew

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I feel like the last few days are going by so slow. Can't wait though to unbox it. Im thinking of going to the midnight launch to pick up my preorder. I just hope there isn't a long lineup.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

It is going by pretty slow. But on the other hand, we're a week into November and it seemed like Halloween just happened a day or two ago!

Yeah, I'm not sure what to expect from my local Gamestop at the midnight release. Especially with this being such a talked-about console release, I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait in line, and how big that line's gonna be. But maybe it won't be too bad. Guess I'll find out once I get out of work that night.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Correction, it's 23 days for until release

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

hmmm ?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

hmmm ?

Yup, agree with him, its still 23 days away.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@GTR12 said:

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

hmmm ?

PS4 is a bigger deal here in Europe than it is in US

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GTR12 said:

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

hmmm ?

Why is that ?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GTR12

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GTR12 said:

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

hmmm ?

I'm not from Europe but Sony ties us into Europe if that makes sense...

Same scenario here in Australia, you cant get a PS4 till 2014 now and that other console is still available to pre-order.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

when does the ps4 come out in the UK?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@GTR12 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GTR12 said:

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

hmmm ?

I'm not from Europe but Sony ties us into Europe if that makes sense...

Same scenario here in Australia, you cant get a PS4 till 2014 now and that other console is still available to pre-order.

i heard Asia and Japan not getting it until 2014, but didn't know it won't come out before that in Australia.

UK release date is the same as it is in rest of Europe. 29th

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm requesting the 15th off from work. I still have vacation they need to give me, so I'll be playing PS4 all day... assuming Amazon delivers it in a timely fashion. They usually deliver release day things before 1pm for me, so it's all good.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I thought it was suppose to come out on the 15th.

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#14 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

@sukraj:

@yokofox33 said:

I'm requesting the 15th off from work. I still have vacation they need to give me, so I'll be playing PS4 all day... assuming Amazon delivers it in a timely fashion. They usually deliver release day things before 1pm for me, so it's all good.

US gets it in the 15th other countries gets it at a different date

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#15 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

People in the US are always the lucky ones. Life is not fair, dude. = )

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

7.75 days to go. If you go the the midnight launch at 11:59 Pm on Thursday Nov 14th 2013. So last full week of PS3 as Sony's current console. Then the touch will be passed to PS4. I will pick mine up in the morning when Gamestop opens proper. Then game all day. Blow off any commitments for the day. And enjoy the 4 games I have gotten with the console. or 6 if the free PSplus games count.

Christen the 8th Generation and Game it all day!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GTR12

@The_Last_Ride said:

i heard Asia and Japan not getting it until 2014, but didn't know it won't come out before that in Australia.

Oops no no lol, we are getting it 29th as well but the amount of pre-orders is huge here that the earliest you will get it if you were to order now is next yr.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@GTR12 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Oops no no lol, we are getting it 29th as well but the amount of pre-orders is huge here that the earliest you will get it if you were to order now is next yr.

oh alright, because from my knowledge Australians are big gamers, even though your government hates it

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GTR12

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GTR12 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

oh alright, because from my knowledge Australians are big gamers, even though your government hates it

That's partly true, its not our entire government that hates it, its only 1 state governor, who just happens to be the game classification guy...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@GTR12 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GTR12 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That's partly true, its not our entire government that hates it, its only 1 state governor, who just happens to be the game classification guy...

politics and games shouldn't mix, ever

Vizard666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vizard666
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts

@yokofox33 November 15th release date but Amazon delivers it on November 15th 8:00 pm. The mailstop area in my college closes at 6:00 pm on 15th, Damn, that is going to be frustrating to know that the ps4 will be just waiting there until 18th :( First world problems so who cares... I hope they deliver before time though, would make my day.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Can't wait. Unfortunately I have off the 12-14 and the 15th is my first day back. But I am on midnights so I get home at 6am. I will be picking up my ps4 at 10am on te 15th and playing till I goto work at 5pm