This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by maccaaccam (630 posts) -

I was looking forward to games like army of two and bad company but after seeing a few clips of army of two i started to wounder how are you able to play co-op on the one console in 3rd person.

i did a little digging and found that you can play co op on a network. But i dont know anyone who will get a ps3.

So now i want to know if there are any other games out or soon to be out that are co-op on the one console/tv?

Resistance fall of man is co-op isnt it? In split screen?

What about battlefield bad company?

Is motorstorm slit screen? i just search for motor storm. how can you make a racing game that is not split screen?

Are there anygames on the ps3 that you can play using the second controller even against each other? one of the main reasons im looking at getting a ps3 soon is cause i want to be able to play coop etc with out a network.

#2 Posted by CosmoKing7717 (4603 posts) -
I know haze is going to be up to 4 people co-op...looks like a great game ^_^
#3 Posted by maccaaccam (630 posts) -

coop on a network?

can you suggest games that are coop with the the second controller. 2 controller, 1 ps3, 1 tv, 0 networks.

after looking around some more i cant seem to find any game other than sport games and resistance fall of man that you can even use a second controller for.

did game developers for the ps3 think that people cant get a friend etc to come to there house to play?

#4 Posted by Thomas-Crown (30371 posts) -
Unfortunately, MotorStorm has no split screen.
#5 Posted by ajefferism (2006 posts) -
Motorstorm is a great game and multiplayer is a lot of fun online, but yeah, it screams 4 player split screen. My only disappointment with the game.
#6 Posted by ajefferism (2006 posts) -

resistance is great split screen....

marvel ultimate alliance is as well 4 players on and off line

#7 Posted by killa_kane (30 posts) -
I believe army of two has split screen
#8 Posted by dstryr13 (6521 posts) -

army of two will probably be split-creen like the Conflict games

Haze will be splitscreen on and offline

Warhawk will be splitscreen online so basically co-op but not really

i think Bad Company is going to be co-op but i am not sure

Kane & Lynch is going to be splitscreen co-op

cant think of any others right now

#9 Posted by ps3ruler (428 posts) -

I know haze is going to be up to 4 people co-op...looks like a great game ^_^CosmoKing7717

There you go.
I'm pretty sure the simpsons game is multiplayer without a network. yup.

#11 Posted by GoldenGlove (4699 posts) -

resistance is great split screen....

marvel ultimate alliance is as well 4 players on and off line

ajefferism

Did they release an update that allows for splitscreen co-op online for that game? I haven't played it in a while so I wouldn't know. And WTF doesn't Vegas have a feature like this online.

#12 Posted by Templar94 (168 posts) -
Virtua Fighter 5 is multiplayer (2) but no network play unfortuantley
#13 Posted by maccaaccam (630 posts) -

thank you all.

you have put my faith back in the ps3. ill just have to wait till some of those games come out to see if it is actually co op the way i want it.

#14 Posted by y-ask-y (135 posts) -
rainbow six vegas has the best co op
#15 Posted by y-ask-y (135 posts) -
rainbow six vegas has the best co op
#16 Posted by maccaaccam (630 posts) -
so i might need a little more help can you guys tell me the best coop fps and best 2 player racing game.
#17 Posted by hellraizer1980 (16 posts) -
sure, there's armored core - for answer, call of duty 5 - world at war.. that's all i have to add
#18 Posted by tonesonic (374 posts) -

Here check this out......a nice list of games and which have sit screen/offline etc

www.co-optimus.com/system/2/playstation_3.html

Its a great list

#19 Posted by SGT4EVA (1773 posts) -
you guys relized you bumped a year old thread.... im pretty sure hes dead or found the solution :P
#20 Posted by StarchildAD789 (286 posts) -
If I import Destroy all Humans from UK will it work on my 60gig launch console