concerning ps3 sales

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 newhenpal
Member since 2005 • 2159 Posts

know that I got your attention

not being a b****,just wanna know if a console that did bad in its first months in the market do good later on.cause right now the ps3  isn't doing well,most of its games are crappy ports,others are good(like resistance) but isn't good enough too buy the ps3,and most of its other good games are on the 360,and the price.In a way this has to do with nintendo because the gc didn't do well in its first months in and it didn't do well later and sega because of the saturn

jay_k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 jay_k3
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts
I think the Ps3 will do great this year. They got a great line up of games, and also the Europe launch will happen in about a month, and sales will boom. The ps3 could be in a worser state, but it isn't. I think that the ps3 sales will progress and the games will be coming out one after another. I am currently saving money so by the time I get one, there will be a great selection of games for me and other people to choose from. Also I am not being biased, I own a 360, and love it, but I also have nothing but for the ps3.

WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
More games are coming later this year to make it worth the buy... FFXIII, MGS4, Killzone 2, Motorstorm, Lair, Heavenly Sword, etc.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
May I remind you how bad the PS2 did and how negative the press was about "this overpriced DVD player with no good games in sight". Or how the PS3 actually outdid both the PSOne and the PS2 for their respective launches.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
More games are coming later on to make it worth the buy... FFXIII, MGS4, Lair, etc.WARRZONE
give it some time..ps3 sales are not as bad as everyone is making them seem...and people tend to forget about the europeans..microsoft and nintendo have launched in all territories...sony still has to launch in europe...and the boost in its install base will be great..preorders are already at an alltime high over there
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WARRZONE
May I remind you how bad the PS2 did and how negative the press was about "this overpriced DVD player with no good games in sight". Or how the PS3 actually outdid both the PSOne and the PS2 for their respective launches.BenderUnit22
It didn't beat the launches, but it did beat the launch windows (through Dec.), which most people refer to as the launches I guess. The PS3 is still beating them to this date.
[QUOTE="WARRZONE"]More games are coming later on to make it worth the buy... FFXIII, MGS4, Lair, etc.Miguel16
give it some time..ps3 sales are not as bad as everyone is making them seem...and people tend to forget about the europeans..microsoft and nintendo have launched in all territories...sony still has to launch in europe...and the boost in its install base will be great..preorders are already at an alltime high over there

Yeah, I think I last read 1 preorder every 20 seconds. I'll try to find link.
Sedin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sedin44
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
PS3 will be fine.  I know plenty of people that are going to buy it.  Now is weird time.  Resistance is good but its been out for awhile.  A lot of people are waiting for more games.  I think march will be a great month and I believe that it will carry through.  Over this year many good titles including some exclusives will come out.  So as far as the PS3 goes...Its not a matter of "if" it will sell, its more a matter of "when" it will sell.  And sell it will....
widowmaker71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 widowmaker71
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
I still will be waiting as I have a 360 and most of the games that will come in march. I am definatly getting motorstorm though. I will say this, im going to predict that R6 Vegas will be the #1 online shooter right after it is released. Fear is also great online. I might trade in my 360 ver and get it on ps3 as GOW and Vegas overshadow it on xblive.
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WARRZONE
PSXExtreme 2/12/07 -
"Here's something you may not have expected to hear out of Europe...but Woolworths (the Wal-Mart of the U.K.) has mentioned that the demand for the PlayStation 3 is incredibly high. Despite the price of the console, this is a testament to Sony's popularity over in the PAL regions. Woolworths claims that pre-orders have exceeded previous records, and that the chain was taking a pre-order every 20 seconds this past week."

"'It's the hottest gaming system since the PS2 launched in 2000 - demand will outstrip supply,' said Gerry Berkley, Woolworths' head of games. The PS3 will retail for £425, which, when converted, is actually more expensive that the North American and Japanese versions. PlayStation 3 will launch on March 23rd in Europe, Australia, and various other Asian countries with a fantastic launch featuring 30 games."
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/819.html
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
[QUOTE="WARRZONE"]PSXExtreme 2/12/07 "Here's something you may not have expected to hear out of Europe...but Woolworths (the Wal-Mart of the U.K.) has mentioned that the demand for the PlayStation 3 is incredibly high. Despite the price of the console, this is a testament to Sony's popularity over in the PAL regions. Woolworths claims that pre-orders have exceeded previous records, and that the chain was taking a pre-order every 20 seconds this past week." "'It's the hottest gaming system since the PS2 launched in 2000 - demand will outstrip supply,' said Gerry Berkley, Woolworths' head of games. The PS3 will retail for £425, which, when converted, is actually more expensive that the North American and Japanese versions. PlayStation 3 will launch on March 23rd in Europe, Australia, and various other Asian countries with a fantastic launch featuring 30 games." http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/819.html

exactly why europe plays a big role
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
More games are coming later this year to make it worth the buy... FFXIII, MGS4, Killzone 2, Motorstorm, Lair, Heavenly Sword, etc.WARRZONE
mgs4 wont be out this year, nor will FFXIII we will be lucky to see it by x-mas of 08, killzone probly again somethin we wont see untill 08
-Hassan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Hassan-
Member since 2004 • 188 Posts
I think it well sell better after the forthcoming price drop, and believe a price drop is coming soon.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -DirtySanchez-
I think it well sell better after the forthcoming price drop, and believe a price drop is coming soon.-Hassan-
its not comein soon, sony will just recently start makein some money back off the ps3's there not gonna drop the price and go back to losein money off it allready
-Hassan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Hassan-
Member since 2004 • 188 Posts
you wanna bet? I'll tell you what... quote me on this, Sony will drop the price late this year.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -DirtySanchez-
you wanna bet? I'll tell you what... quote me on this, Sony will drop the price late this year.-Hassan-
you said soon tho, pick one and stick to it, either soon or late this year, and late in the year is reasonable as i have said myself that if one comes anytime this year it will be around x-mas no sooner
Baller91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Baller91
Member since 2007 • 437 Posts
ONce March Hits THE PS3 Will be Doin Good,,,,,,,,,,,, JUSt Wait