Collectors or Special Edition of GTA V

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by J_O1ne (86 posts) -
Which version did you purchase? I purchased the Special Edition for $120 off ebay because I waited to late to get it for $79 at gamestop. They were out so I had no choice. If this were any other game then I wouldn't bother with the special edition but since this is GTA, this is a different story.
#2 Posted by marcheegsr (2571 posts) -

I preorderd from gamestop a while ago. I guess im getting the standard edition for $59.99?

Am I missing out on alot?

#3 Posted by J_O1ne (86 posts) -

I preorderd from gamestop a while ago. I guess im getting the standard edition for $59.99?

Am I missing out on alot?

marcheegsr
This is what you're missing out on... Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork - features custom color and metallic treatments to bring out the detail of the Michael, Trevor and Franklin artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook; Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5 x 26.75 map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County. Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster. Stunt Plane Trials single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County. Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County. Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunation stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
#4 Posted by chadkal (0 posts) -
Sounds alot cooler for $79. 120 is way too much, hardly worth the extra 60$. Could have used it to buy another game or two.
#5 Posted by J_O1ne (86 posts) -
Sounds alot cooler for $79. 120 is way too much, hardly worth the extra 60$. Could have used it to buy another game or two.chadkal
It's $79 at gamestop but they were all sold out so I turn to ebay and the cheapest they had was $114 but I paid $5 extra to get it shipped fast. I just had to have it lol
#6 Posted by marcheegsr (2571 posts) -

[QUOTE="chadkal"]Sounds alot cooler for $79. 120 is way too much, hardly worth the extra 60$. Could have used it to buy another game or two.J_O1ne
It's $79 at gamestop but they were all sold out so I turn to ebay and the cheapest they had was $114 but I paid $5 extra to get it shipped fast. I just had to have it lol

Its all good man. At least you didnt spent 200-300 dollars on a standard eidition. Some people were selling it on kiijji the past 2 days for that price and I bet someone actually paid that much just to have it a few days early. Crazy people.

#8 Posted by J_O1ne (86 posts) -

[QUOTE="J_O1ne"][QUOTE="chadkal"]Sounds alot cooler for $79. 120 is way too much, hardly worth the extra 60$. Could have used it to buy another game or two.marcheegsr

Its all good man. At least you didnt spent 200-300 dollars on a standard eidition. Some people were selling it on kiijji the past 2 days for that price and I bet someone actually paid that much just to have it a few days early. Crazy people.

Yeah, I seen a few for the that price and I would have got the regular version if I had to pay those outrageous prices.
#9 Posted by Geminon (1095 posts) -
no idea why you people would pay an extra 20 dollars for a handful of extra guns and costumes..... idiotic.
#10 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18398 posts) -
I'm getting the $80 edition.. you paid $120 on ebay? Thats outrageous.
#11 Posted by J_O1ne (86 posts) -
no idea why you people would pay an extra 20 dollars for a handful of extra guns and costumes..... idiotic.Geminon
That's not all it comes with... can you read?
#12 Posted by Netret0120 (2081 posts) -
#13 Posted by shaunchgo (4605 posts) -
Standard. Collectors edition of Tiger Woods PGA Tour is the only game I'm willing to spend extra for as it comes with extra courses. I find it pointless and silly to spend extra for posters or outfits for a character. I'm only interested in the actual game.
#14 Posted by shaunchgo (4605 posts) -
[QUOTE="Geminon"]no idea why you people would pay an extra 20 dollars for a handful of extra guns and costumes..... idiotic.J_O1ne

I read it and I have to agree with Geminon. It's silly.
#15 Posted by J_O1ne (86 posts) -
[QUOTE="J_O1ne"][QUOTE="Geminon"]no idea why you people would pay an extra 20 dollars for a handful of extra guns and costumes..... idiotic.shaunchgo

The millions of people that purchased the special edition agrees with me to.
#16 Posted by EXLINK (5719 posts) -
$20 extra for the special edition of the game of the generation? Sounds like a deal to me and that's what I have coming!
#17 Posted by J_O1ne (86 posts) -
$20 extra for the special edition of the game of the generation? Sounds like a deal to me and that's what I have coming!EXLINK
Exactly! I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time and the extra stuff is worth it. This is GTA after all.
#18 Posted by marcheegsr (2571 posts) -

On the GTAV ps3 bundle box it clearly shows the GTA V case. False adversting if you don't get the case and just a sleeve if you ask me.

#19 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1148 posts) -
The regular 60 dollar edition. That gamestop special edition had nothing for me.
#20 Posted by sukraj (22539 posts) -

Standard Edition

#21 Posted by T-Bone91 (289 posts) -
Standard edition which I will purchase after one or two years as I am saving up for the PS4.Just need another 79$ and I'll be ready to own a PS4.
#22 Posted by Geminon (1095 posts) -
[QUOTE="Geminon"]no idea why you people would pay an extra 20 dollars for a handful of extra guns and costumes..... idiotic.J_O1ne

oh good god... you really care about a metal case and a piece of shit map? wow.... sucker born every minute....
#23 Posted by Geminon (1095 posts) -
[QUOTE="J_O1ne"][QUOTE="shaunchgo"][QUOTE="J_O1ne"] That's not all it comes with... can you read?

first of all, there werent "millions" of special edition sales.... so get off it. second, you are a sucker for spending an extra 20 dollars on nothing, basically.
#24 Posted by CTR360 (7031 posts) -
i buy standard version for xbox 360 and special edition for ps3 i cant wait anymore
#25 Posted by spike6958 (4740 posts) -
Just standard for me. Got too much that I want to buy this year, that I can't afford to throw money away on special editions, and besides I only buy them if there is either only a small price difference, or if there is something cool to display.
#26 Posted by cooldust (3283 posts) -
CE is a joke, tiny little bag, a cap, and a few digital items for £120!! GTA or not thats absolutely ridiculous! Im going for the SE as I got it for £10 more.
#27 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Just the Standard Edition. 

#28 Posted by Ravenous_Joker (30 posts) -
I am just going to get the Standard Edition of the game, I do not see the point of spending extra money on GTA V.
#29 Posted by J_O1ne (86 posts) -
[QUOTE="J_O1ne"][QUOTE="Geminon"]no idea why you people would pay an extra 20 dollars for a handful of extra guns and costumes..... idiotic.Geminon

oh good god... you really care about a metal case and a piece of shit map? wow.... sucker born every minute....

Why are you so worried about what I spend my hard earn money on? smh... Haters born every second...
#30 Posted by J_O1ne (86 posts) -
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="J_O1ne"][QUOTE="shaunchgo"] I read it and I have to agree with Geminon. It's silly.

first of all, there werent "millions" of special edition sales.... so get off it. second, you are a sucker for spending an extra 20 dollars on nothing, basically.

Also, for something that's not "worth the extra $20" seems to be sold out everywhere. I purchased the special edition... deal wit it....