Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

I'd like to get into CoD (played all in SP except Ghosts and AW but never really played online) and wanted to know how the online population is for Ghosts on the PS4? Is it still worth getting for a few bucks used or should I invest more into AW?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

"YES" the Ghost community is very strong! And from what I hear from other players, is that alot of people who where playing AW have gone back to playing Ghost.

I myself haven't been pressed to play AW, so I can't really comment on it. However, I will get it for the story when there's a price drop.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Soethi6

@MarcRecon said:

"YES" the Ghost community is very strong! And from what I hear from other players, is that alot of people who where playing AW have gone back to playing Ghost.

I myself haven't been pressed to play AW, so I can't really comment on it. However, I will get it for the story when there's a price drop.

Thank you. I'll get Ghosts then :)

chaos__shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 chaos__shadow
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts

Smart move in my opinion @MarcRecon. I really enjoyed the campaign, but after the initial excitement of the exo boost wore off, it felt like the same old COD I've been playing for years. So I traded it in. Not before grabbing that platinum trophy though.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MarcRecon

@soethi6:

Your welcome :)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MarcRecon

@chaos__shadow:

This was my first year skipping the MW series at launch because there hasn't really been a big enough change to make me want it on day1.

But I heard that the storymode was good and made it worth a purchase at a bargain price.

Now, I'm not saying that Ghost is perfect, but the MP community is still strong and that's a sign that a lot of people are enjoying it.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Soethi6

Got it yesterday and just made a quick match. Was pretty quick, took me a few seconds to get a game. Thank you.

MakoShark222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 MakoShark222
Member since 2014 • 55 Posts

@soethi6: I have played all CoD's except Ghosts just heard too many bad things about it and I really just got the PS4 before CoD AW launched. AW is dope dude and it plays flawless for me. Some say AW has dedicated servers I have heard of 2 major ones, one is out of Kansas City and the other Seattle. I live close to KC and I'd bet I catch every dedi when hookup. Its a constant thrashing I deal. I love it! :D

MakoShark222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MakoShark222

@soethi6: Hope you enjoy Ghosts. Most that don't like AW and there are a few but won't tell you this they couldn't figure all the moves it takes to play AW and were constantly getting worked. I'd quit too if I was avg or sub-par at it but I'm not. I picked up on it right now I'm an old Tribes player and know how to work the movement to perfection. If you can handle a super fast FPS and by that I mean you can think very fast plus you can aim good while in the air there is no game right now that beats AW in fun factor. Pick it up if you think you can handle it.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Soethi6

Going to get AW sooner or later. Just wanted to get back into CoD and didn't want to throw out a lot of money.

chaos__shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chaos__shadow
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts

You always have kids that like a game or do well when they have host advantage or live by a ds running around ranting that anybody that doesn't like a game must be bad at it. In fact, just not everybody likes the same game they do. AWs not hard. The movement actually makes it easier than other CODs if you use it even semi-smartly.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarcRecon

@makoshark222 said:

@soethi6: Hope you enjoy Ghosts. Most that don't like AW and there are a few but won't tell you this they couldn't figure all the moves it takes to play AW and were constantly getting worked. I'd quit too if I was avg or sub-par at it but I'm not.

It doesn't take rocket science to play "ANY" COD game. Why pay full price for a game that has minor changes to the game play! Like with Titan Fall, the gimmicky gameplay in AW got boring really quick.

ccheng187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ccheng187
Member since 2006 • 76 Posts

@MarcRecon: Did u know that cod dedi sever sucks?

Theres pro 20 of them and connecting to p2p is alot better.

MakoShark222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MakoShark222

@soethi6: Hey I can understand that. What did you pay for Ghosts anyway? I just looked and Amazon has Ghosts for as low as $5 for a used game and $10 new. Heck I may even pick it up for that price. AW runs as low as $16 used but $39 new.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Soethi6

@makoshark222 said:

@soethi6: Hey I can understand that. What did you pay for Ghosts anyway? I just looked and Amazon has Ghosts for as low as $5 for a used game and $10 new. Heck I may even pick it up for that price. AW runs as low as $16 used but $39 new.

15 euros was the cheapest here for me. The dude lived a few minutes from my place so I just got it right away without shipping costs. AW is 25 here including shipping (used). Going to pick it up over the next few weeks.

MakoShark222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MakoShark222

@Soethi6 Have you watched any YouTubes of how games play? You can get an idea on how fast it plays and some other hints. When you get 2 teams of good players its a blast to play. There are the blow outs but as a rule all game are fairly even.

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

CoD is the most popular shooter if I remember.