CNET news Microsoft may comeout nov 8th vs PS4 so we are screwed again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts
All this about Sony being geniuses. If micosoft come out with Xbox one a week early sony will lose money again. So showing their hand first may not be the smartest thing in the world. Now its not 100% confirm but Cnet probably wouldnt post this article unless they had a very strong inside source from microsoft. Well at least the release wont be a yr later but they will lose those on the fence that cant afford to buy 2 consoles and wil buy the first one out. I am still not going to get the xbox one contrary to what others may think from my other post on madden. I love sony's dual shock controller but i thought sony was smarter than seem to be.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
lol, a week
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts
Dude... 7 days means nothing but maybe a few impulsive, impatient sales. And I mean FEW. The PS4's success will not be damaged by this. In fact, if there's any problems with the One within those 7 days, the PS4 may actually see a boost from this. (PS: this is coming from an Xbox fan)
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Screwed how? 

A console race lasts years.

It comes out 1 week earlier what's it matter. Both have sold out in preorders everywhere so people will be waiting for new stock which will have no effect on a 7 day diffrence. It's who can make the systems faster. 

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts
It probably not catastrophic but Sony will lose some people on the fence if this happens.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

It probably not catastrophic but Sony will lose some people on the fence if this happens.ewalthour
Who the hell cares? Unless you work for Sony, or own stock in the PS4, your only concern should be enjoying the games and systems you have.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
lol LOL
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
How are we screwed? I think PS4 is the superior console. I can wait a week...
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#9 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
One week is nothing. The PS3 came out like a year later than the 360, was more expensive, and still managed to catch up in sales, at least in terms of hardware. Most people have already made their decision as to which next gen console they're getting, if not both. The XB1 coming out a mere week early is going to have virtually no impact on sales.
SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SgtNumNum
Member since 2008 • 1172 Posts

Really lol Sony will be screwed cause of microsoft will release the xbox one a week early. I trully dont see how sony can be screwed by that. Its only 1 week lol.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

not really lol

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
People that pre-ordered the PS4 (reportedly over 1 million) don't really care when the x1 comes out. The x1 could come out next week and it wouldn't matter. Sony could care less what MS does with the x1 simply because they already know it doesn't matter at this point. People have already made up their minds and those on the fence won't let the determining factor of 1 week of availability be the be all, end all.
PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts
Uh no.....we're not 'screwed'. As others have noted, a mere 7 days is nothing compared to FULL 1 YEAR release difference/jump Sony had to overcome when they released their PS3. And we all know how that turned out for them, riiight? This is more or less--if true--a pathetic attempt at MS making themselves feel like they've achieved some sort of fake ass 'victory' over Sony--basically a means to make themselves feel better after the multitude of humiliations and blunders they've made (or that Sony help administer) . I wouldn't even stress it, really. In a weeks time, when the PS4 releases after......MS will again look like asses when they see how little that week made a difference for them (or even more so, when the PS4 still outpace their first week sales figures plus some).
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

7 days is better than a year. If there are people on the fence on which one to get and they can't wait one week then I have pity for them

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#15 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I think Sony will survive MS 7day onslaught:P

Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts
That's not the case anymore. Xbox One Will Not Launch on November 8th after all
colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 colibriosis
Member since 2010 • 598 Posts

[QUOTE="ewalthour"]It probably not catastrophic but Sony will lose some people on the fence if this happens.Bigboi500

Who the hell cares? Unless you work for Sony, or own stock in the PS4, your only concern should be enjoying the games and systems you have.

You're talking to some of the greatest and most ignorant fanboys here, they'll never let it go lol
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

Lol. 7 days ain't nothin!

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
That's not the case anymore. Xbox One Will Not Launch on November 8th after allOutsider-G
Hallelujah we're saved!!!!!!!!!
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
As long as Xbox One launches without Kinect then thats great otherwise it doesnt matter to the real gamers
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
As long as Xbox One launches without Kinect then thats great otherwise it doesnt matter to the real gamers.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

57136-muppet-old-guys-laughing-gif-KZ6l..

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

It probably not catastrophic but Sony will lose some people on the fence if this happens.ewalthour

What??? Most places have sold all pre orders, so no one will be able to get one at launch on just a chance, sony has nothing to worry about

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts
[QUOTE="ewalthour"]All this about Sony being geniuses. If micosoft come out with Xbox one a week early sony will lose money again. So showing their hand first may not be the smartest thing in the world. Now its not 100% confirm but Cnet probably wouldnt post this article unless they had a very strong inside source from microsoft. Well at least the release wont be a yr later but they will lose those on the fence that cant afford to buy 2 consoles and wil buy the first one out. I am still not going to get the xbox one contrary to what others may think from my other post on madden. I love sony's dual shock controller but i thought sony was smarter than seem to be. [/QUOTE A large percentage of the launch day console (at retail stores) are probably already preordered , so I dont see this being a really huge factor, along with it being only a week earlier of release.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Umm, I hate to tell you but this is in no way going to make the PS4 a failure and come on, if anyone can't wait a few extra days then they should probably work on their patience.  Plus, nearly everyone by now knows which system they want to get so I doubt it's going to convince a PS4 buyer to jump over to the One.

som3a1991ps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 som3a1991ps2
Member since 2009 • 261 Posts

It won't matter at all & i don't think microsoft is ready at all to come out first even if Xbox is firstly releasd Sony will kill it in sales

Also Do you Know the japanese release!!! I suggeast 1st november!!!

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
This is a bit too much of a System Wars topic.