The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Just finished this game.... and damn. This may be my favorite game of all time. For anyone who enjoys the SNES favorites: Super Metroid, A link to the Past, Super Castlevania.... Will certainly love this game as well. They nailed the level design, music, gameplay down to a tee. Despite the graphics limit from a 1997 game, i was so into the game, it didn't matter that the graphics were dated, and felt like i was in the castle.

So just a heads up for anyone who hasn't played it... check it out. You won't be disappointed.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

The game is amazing, even today

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

I played this when it was released about 200 years ago.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@ShimmerMan said:

I played this when it was released about 200 years ago.

what platform did you play it on, and before electricity was discovered too, and wow you must be old.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

Just finished this game.... and damn. This may be my favorite game of all time. For anyone who enjoys the SNES favorites: Super Metroid, A link to the Past, Super Castlevania.... Will certainly love this game as well. They nailed the level design, music, gameplay down to a tee. Despite the graphics limit from a 1997 game, i was so into the game, it didn't matter that the graphics were dated, and felt like i was in the castle.

So just a heads up for anyone who hasn't played it... check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Yes, but did you complete SOTN by killing Richter Belmont or did you save Richter and start the real adventure? It's one of the few games, like Resident Evil 2, that allow people to think they completed the game when they really didn't. If you killed the legendary Richter, you are only 50% through the game.

Yes, SOTN is one of my all time fave games as well. I have made most people I know play it over the great many years. I bought it new for $39.99 once upon a time.

I also loved all the secret Street Fighter like moves found in many swords and accessories. Shield Rod, etc.

Check out some of my Castlevania games (not all) I've picked up over the years. Diablo at the bottom was thrown in for lulz, kinda like Where's Waldo.

I also own SOTN on PSP, PS3 PSN, and 360 XBLA. I got 100% of the Achievements on 360. I just absolutely adore this game.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The-Butcher248

I did not go to the invert castle yet. Figured i'd go back in a little bit, and the castle would be new to me again. Is it feel like a new adventure? Or more just the castle inverted?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

I did not go to the invert castle yet. Figured i'd go back in a little bit, and the castle would be new to me again. Is it feel like a new adventure? Or more just the castle inverted?

You didn't finish the game unless you beat the inverted castle. It's basically the 2nd half of the game. It's harder, new enemies, new bosses, etc. You've only experienced 50% of the content.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The-Butcher248

Thanks.. i'll check it out.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

I did not goto the invert castle yet. Figured i'd go back in a little bit, and the castle would be new to me again. Is it feel like a new adventure? Or more just the castle inverted?

I answered that above:

@SolidTy said:

Yes, but did you complete SOTN by killing Richter Belmont or did you save Richter and start the real adventure? It's one of the few games, like Resident Evil 2, that allow people to think they completed the game when they really didn't. If you killed the legendary Richter...

you are only 50% through the game.

Yes, SOTN is one of my all time fave games as well...

Good news though for you. :)

This entire thread is premature and you still loved the game even though you stopped at the halfway point! :) A big clue was that the Belmont's are heroes and you shouldn't kill a Belmont!

You never even beat SOTN, but I'm sure you will...there is still a lot to love and enjoy. As I said in my very first post of this thread, you are only 50% done with tons of more bosses, weapons, items, magic, and adventure to go. What a treat for you!

It's like finding a sequel hidden in the game if you want to look at it like that. It's much more than an inverted or upside down Castle. Have fun! :P

I was the only one in this thread to ask if you actually killed Richter because I had a feeling, like many, you may have skipped half of the game.