Can you use a keyboard and a mouse with the PS3 browser?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

I do not have my 80gb PS3 with MGS4 yet as I should in about 3 days.
Can you use a keyboard and a mouse with the PS3 Browser?

#2 Posted by Vaughnkiezel (365 posts) -
Yes YOU can my friend!!! IF you belive you can! lol j/m yeah of course ^^ bcuz "it leez clealy a computah!"
#3 Posted by choasgod (5710 posts) -
Mouse and Keyboard (USB or bluetooth) work on XMB, browser and some games ( not sure about Playstation Store yet though)
#4 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

Mouse and Keyboard (USB or bluetooth) work on XMB, browser and some games ( not sure about Playstation Store yet though)choasgod

Will just any usb keyboard and any usb mouse work with the PS3 browser?
Also are there any wireless keyboards and wireless mice that are not bluetooth work with the PS3 browser?

#5 Posted by Vaughnkiezel (365 posts) -
yeah i tried my wireless g7 mouse a while ago before it started buggin and it worked
#6 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

Can I use an Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard like the one in the link below?

Apple keyboard: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8509759&st=bluetooth+keyboard+mouse&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1186005932539

#7 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -
Mouse and Keyboard (USB or bluetooth) work on XMB, browser and some games ( not sure about Playstation Store yet though)choasgod

The store fully supports mouse input. Of course you don't get a cursor, but instead it works exactly like the XMB (ie. dragging left, right, up, or down moves the focus in that direction).

Will just any usb keyboard and any usb mouse work with the PS3 browser?
Also are there any wireless keyboards and wireless mice that are not bluetooth work with the PS3 browser?

ghstbstr

Just about any plug-and-play USB keyboard should work fine. This includes the wireless ones. (I know because I've used my logitech wireless mouse and generic wireless keyboard with my PS3)

#8 Posted by trapper94 (801 posts) -

Yes, you can.