Can you play runescape on a PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Crypt_mx (3942 posts) -

So i go on the web browser, and it works good up untill i get to the actual game page, its just all black.

Is there a way i can play it, a download, or another website that works.

And yes i know runescape sucks and watever but i like it and i just wanna know if i can.

#2 Posted by NoobisMaxcimus (2893 posts) -
Yeah i've tried the same. The thing just doesnt load. I wish you could update the flash or whatever on the ps3.
#3 Posted by Assassinslay (1365 posts) -
lol
#4 Posted by Crypt_mx (3942 posts) -
anyone?
#5 Posted by Assassinslay (1365 posts) -

anyone?Crypt_mx
Oops sorry I could at least have answered your question in the addition of the Lol

No. Runescape won't be able to play on the Ps3 until a newer update of Javascript hits the ps3

#6 Posted by CheeChee_Macko (2236 posts) -
lol @ Runescape
#7 Posted by Talldude80 (6320 posts) -
i never even thought of trying to play games on the ps3 that run on the web browser, since it isnt IE or Mozilla. But i guess if the flash and other plug-ins are correct, why not? but really, i wouldnt expect games like that to look very good.
#10 Posted by Crypt_mx (3942 posts) -

i know right? i ask a simple question, and it had nothing to do wtih what they thought of the game.

I think its an ok game, im no addict only lvl 26. But its something fun to do when im bored.

ty for all useful responses.

#11 Posted by Ryder123 (1984 posts) -

Runescape? *facepalm*

#12 Posted by splintert2 (7 posts) -
the closest you will get to runescape on playstation 3 is switching the java plugin on the detail page. then it says "This applet is not supported".
#13 Posted by bartman999 (154 posts) -
no need for runescape just go out and at least find a cheap ps3 game :)
#14 Posted by rsoxguy12 (1602 posts) -

i used to play runescape some years ago. i dont think it will work.

but the helicopter game does...=D

#15 Posted by TrevCubsOr21 (934 posts) -
Get MGS4, then you wont need to play that lame game!
#16 Posted by theycallmeryan (7222 posts) -
No.
#17 Posted by metocman1 (551 posts) -

rsoxguy12

Holy crap the helicopter game works on the PS3 I gotta check that out, so many lost hours at work tring to get through that never ending cave.lol :P

#18 Posted by LtColJaxson (3234 posts) -
[QUOTE="rsoxguy12"]

metocman1

Holy crap the helicopter game works on the PS3 I gotta check that out, so many lost hours at work tring to get through that never ending cave.lol :P

Yeah the helicopter game works with the PS3 controller well, because you only need to use the X button.

But I found when I was playing it (sometime after launch I tried - maybe March 2007) the game lagged. I believe it is because the cell is not opened up to applications other than actual disc games for playstation.

#19 Posted by LiLGanGzTah (1 posts) -
I dont Think you can [url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/LiLGanGzTah/]  [/url]
#20 Posted by StealthKnife (2104 posts) -

So i go on the web browser, and it works good up untill i get to the actual game page, its just all black.

Is there a way i can play it, a download, or another website that works.

And yes i know runescape sucks and watever but i like it and i just wanna know if i can.

Crypt_mx
only if you get yellow dog Linux.. i heard its awesome and free
#21 Posted by Prince-Noctis (1271 posts) -

Why would you want too.....

#22 Posted by Cody13_2012 (10349 posts) -

Yeah i've tried the same. The thing just doesnt load. I wish you could update the flash or whatever on the ps3.NoobisMaxcimus

PS3 already has flash, it's Java that you need but can't get

Runescape is lame anyways.

#23 Posted by abdelmessih101 (5230 posts) -
lolAssassinslay
lol @ RunescapeCheeChee_Macko

Runescape? *facepalm*

Ryder123
My thoughts exactly. TC, would you kindly donate your PS3 to someone that would actually play real games on it. Or better yet, stop wasting our time here, and go play Runescape now. I'm assuming you're posting this from a laptop / PC, right?
#24 Posted by SoNin360 (5198 posts) -
I played RS for years before I came to my senses, but i'm not gonna flame someone for playing the game, really. Give the guy a rest. And im not surprised you can't play it while on your ps3...
#25 Posted by KillerJuan77 (3823 posts) -

rsoxguy12

That game is better than Runescape in so many ways, and it's awesome.

#26 Posted by Wiiingssbb (1136 posts) -

Why did someone bump this? I read this a year ago lol

#27 Posted by hyperkass (938 posts) -

lol, no.

#28 Posted by DARKCHOAS (2079 posts) -

The TC made this thread over a year ago and somebody brought it back from the dead for no reaseon.