Can you make JEDI on Soul Caliber IV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locoidontknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 locoidontknow
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
Can you make a jedi of your own on Soul Caliber IV? Can you equip the person you create with a lightsaber? If you cant thats just dumb. I will buy it if you can, if you cant, the hell with the game.
TwiztedMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 TwiztedMetal
Member since 2007 • 866 Posts
no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.
locoidontknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 locoidontknow

no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.TwiztedMetal

So I cant create a charater, and give them a lightsaber? Why do they make a game where you can create characters, but cant give them the lightsaber. Are they stupid? Or just retarded? And no one mentions this in a review? They should give the game a 2 for being so dam stupid! I thought I could finally get a fighting game where I can create a jedi and fight with him or her.

Chiodos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chiodos-
Member since 2008 • 201 Posts

[QUOTE="TwiztedMetal"]no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.locoidontknow

So I cant create a charater, and give them a lightsaber? Why do they make a game where you can create characters, but cant give them the lightsaber. Are they stupid? Or just retarded? And no one mentions this in a review? They should give the game a 2 for being so dam stupid! I thought I could finally get a fighting game where I can create a jedi and fight with him or her.

...Chill?

I'm sure the aforementioned game has plenty more going for it!

Solarburn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solarburn24
Member since 2004 • 1643 Posts
Would have been nice to be able to change the color of there sabers
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
your not going to buya game because you can't make a person with a light saver or how ever you say that star wars sword thing...
Chiodos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chiodos-
Member since 2008 • 201 Posts

Regarding the post above me.

I believe some one has already confirmed you can customize the light sabers for the characters allocated to your platform.

Solarburn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Solarburn24
Member since 2004 • 1643 Posts
You can get some with better attibutes but can't change the saber color
_mostwanted_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _mostwanted_
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts
here a thought......GET A STAR WARS GAME =O
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 polishkid99

here a thought......GET A STAR WARS GAME =O_mostwanted_

ya wait till the force unleased... then you can change the color of your beam sword...

gamerkid600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamerkid600
Member since 2008 • 435 Posts

[QUOTE="TwiztedMetal"]no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.locoidontknow

Why on earth should the game get a 2 just because you can't create a Jedi. Is the game a Star Wars game no it is not it is a Soul Caliber game gosh, so be happy that you even get Star Wars characters in the game.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 polishkid99
[QUOTE="locoidontknow"]

[QUOTE="TwiztedMetal"]no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.gamerkid600

Why on earth should the game get a 2 just because you can't create a Jedi. Is the game a Star Wars game no it is not it is a Soul Caliber game gosh, so be happy that you even get Star Wars characters in the game.

no he wants his guy to have the beam sword thing... can't you just use the leprechaun or darth vador for that?...

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

dude, who cares?

its just a damn color. :?

WeAREGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WeAREGames
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
If u love the jedi games then try a game for the old xbox called star wars knights of the old republic or star wars knights of the old republic sith lords the second of the two games
ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChaosBlader1
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

he just said he wants his created character to have a saber

can his charater have a light saber he dosent care if you can change the color

kazamadevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kazamadevil
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts
To tell you the truth the star wars characters aren't great at all,I tried them,and didn't like either of them. I like the game for its other classic characters,not for some new star wars crap.Just cause you can't make a jedi,doesn't make it a bad game.:|
ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChaosBlader1
SO what your really trying to say is he cant make his character have a saber
kazamadevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kazamadevil
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts
yup,just saying its not the end of the world without lightsabers.
ChaosBlader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChaosBlader1

I might still get the game for the creation function

whats the best sword that a created character could have

DWCsUpAFrEaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 DWCsUpAFrEaK
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts

i was watching an interview wiht the developers and they said that they didn't want to allow people to create Jedi characters to take away from the special characters in the game... however maybe in a patch or most likely in DLC.. they will allow you to buy the moves and items to create a jedi..

i for one.. dont care about this and will still be picking this game up because i haven't bought and played a soul calibur since the first one on dreamcast... partially because i either didn't have the money.. or was busy buying other games.. but reviews say this one is as good if not better than the first.. therefore.. i'll be picking it up today..

xialon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 xialon
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts

Nope.

But you can make small changes on Darth Vader, The Apprentice, and Yoda.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts
I bet you George Lucas has a lot to do with that. LucasArts are extremely controlling and they probably wouldn't want people making Jedi's look silly or weird... it kind of makes sense, it's a weird branding thing more than likely.
locoidontknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 locoidontknow
I bought the game, its alot of fun. I have made a superman looking guy, and have even made the hulk. I still dont like that you cant make a jedi, you cant even change the coloring on the current ones. I am sure Georgr Lucas was responsible for this. He needs to give it up and let us create jedis. Alot of people love Star Wars, and since some people were not overly impressed by the selection ( I personaly want Darth Maul ), then let us create our own.
equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

lol wow*rolls eyes* why not just buy jedi academy or force unleashed

locoidontknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 locoidontknow
[QUOTE="locoidontknow"]

[QUOTE="TwiztedMetal"]no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.equanox214

lol wow*rolls eyes* why not just buy jedi academy or force unleashed

I retract the 2 statement. I just dont see why they would limit that capability in such a good fighting game.

coochie_kuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 coochie_kuta
Member since 2003 • 660 Posts
it is a vaild complaint. you like what you like, make no apologies for that. its a small inconsistency but only if you view it as such.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
well it seems that lucasarts would do well to sign on namco to make a jedi fighting game....always loved the idea and it seems that it would really sell. namco knows fighting games...jedi's are made for fighting game
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

No, its a huge difference between making a Jedi to play with on SC4 and playing a star wars game

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

TC seems very immature maybe 11 or 12. the star wars charaters are just an bonus add ons like soul calibur 2 i think with spawn on xbox and and zelda on gamecube and that tekken guy on ps2 (can't spell his name i forgot it but he was an oldish one) there not fully game charaters to apear in the series.

so its understandable plus soul calibur set in the 18th century i think, or in the past so futuristic battles are not the primary focus in the game so putting so many custom charaters as jedi would be very different and un normal for a soul calibur game like jedi fights with darth and the apprentices are not primary focus of the game so yeah tons of jedi fights would make it more of a focus on future and soul calibur is about past thats why they limit you with just the 2 jedi people. you know where i'm going with this