Can you make JEDI on Soul Caliber IV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by locoidontknow (170 posts) -
Can you make a jedi of your own on Soul Caliber IV? Can you equip the person you create with a lightsaber? If you cant thats just dumb. I will buy it if you can, if you cant, the hell with the game.
#2 Posted by TwiztedMetal (866 posts) -
no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.
#3 Posted by locoidontknow (170 posts) -

no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.TwiztedMetal

So I cant create a charater, and give them a lightsaber? Why do they make a game where you can create characters, but cant give them the lightsaber. Are they stupid? Or just retarded? And no one mentions this in a review? They should give the game a 2 for being so dam stupid! I thought I could finally get a fighting game where I can create a jedi and fight with him or her.

#4 Posted by Chiodos- (201 posts) -

[QUOTE="TwiztedMetal"]no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.locoidontknow

So I cant create a charater, and give them a lightsaber? Why do they make a game where you can create characters, but cant give them the lightsaber. Are they stupid? Or just retarded? And no one mentions this in a review? They should give the game a 2 for being so dam stupid! I thought I could finally get a fighting game where I can create a jedi and fight with him or her.

...Chill?

I'm sure the aforementioned game has plenty more going for it!

#5 Posted by Solarburn24 (1643 posts) -
Would have been nice to be able to change the color of there sabers
#6 Posted by polishkid99 (4488 posts) -
your not going to buya game because you can't make a person with a light saver or how ever you say that star wars sword thing...
#7 Posted by Chiodos- (201 posts) -

Regarding the post above me.

I believe some one has already confirmed you can customize the light sabers for the characters allocated to your platform.

#8 Posted by Solarburn24 (1643 posts) -
You can get some with better attibutes but can't change the saber color
#9 Posted by _mostwanted_ (40 posts) -
here a thought......GET A STAR WARS GAME =O
#10 Posted by polishkid99 (4488 posts) -

here a thought......GET A STAR WARS GAME =O_mostwanted_

ya wait till the force unleased... then you can change the color of your beam sword...

#11 Posted by gamerkid600 (435 posts) -

[QUOTE="TwiztedMetal"]no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.locoidontknow

Why on earth should the game get a 2 just because you can't create a Jedi. Is the game a Star Wars game no it is not it is a Soul Caliber game gosh, so be happy that you even get Star Wars characters in the game.

#12 Posted by polishkid99 (4488 posts) -
[QUOTE="locoidontknow"]

[QUOTE="TwiztedMetal"]no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.gamerkid600

Why on earth should the game get a 2 just because you can't create a Jedi. Is the game a Star Wars game no it is not it is a Soul Caliber game gosh, so be happy that you even get Star Wars characters in the game.

no he wants his guy to have the beam sword thing... can't you just use the leprechaun or darth vador for that?...

#13 Posted by supa_badman (16659 posts) -

dude, who cares?

its just a damn color. :?

#14 Posted by WeAREGames (1 posts) -
If u love the jedi games then try a game for the old xbox called star wars knights of the old republic or star wars knights of the old republic sith lords the second of the two games
#15 Posted by ChaosBlader1 (87 posts) -

he just said he wants his created character to have a saber

can his charater have a light saber he dosent care if you can change the color

#16 Posted by kazamadevil (328 posts) -
To tell you the truth the star wars characters aren't great at all,I tried them,and didn't like either of them. I like the game for its other classic characters,not for some new star wars crap.Just cause you can't make a jedi,doesn't make it a bad game.:|
#17 Posted by ChaosBlader1 (87 posts) -
SO what your really trying to say is he cant make his character have a saber
#18 Posted by kazamadevil (328 posts) -
yup,just saying its not the end of the world without lightsabers.
#19 Posted by ChaosBlader1 (87 posts) -

I might still get the game for the creation function

whats the best sword that a created character could have

#20 Posted by DWCsUpAFrEaK (192 posts) -

i was watching an interview wiht the developers and they said that they didn't want to allow people to create Jedi characters to take away from the special characters in the game... however maybe in a patch or most likely in DLC.. they will allow you to buy the moves and items to create a jedi..

i for one.. dont care about this and will still be picking this game up because i haven't bought and played a soul calibur since the first one on dreamcast... partially because i either didn't have the money.. or was busy buying other games.. but reviews say this one is as good if not better than the first.. therefore.. i'll be picking it up today..

#21 Posted by xialon (593 posts) -

Nope.

But you can make small changes on Darth Vader, The Apprentice, and Yoda.

#24 Posted by Gesyma (1047 posts) -
I bet you George Lucas has a lot to do with that. LucasArts are extremely controlling and they probably wouldn't want people making Jedi's look silly or weird... it kind of makes sense, it's a weird branding thing more than likely.
#25 Posted by locoidontknow (170 posts) -
I bought the game, its alot of fun. I have made a superman looking guy, and have even made the hulk. I still dont like that you cant make a jedi, you cant even change the coloring on the current ones. I am sure Georgr Lucas was responsible for this. He needs to give it up and let us create jedis. Alot of people love Star Wars, and since some people were not overly impressed by the selection ( I personaly want Darth Maul ), then let us create our own.
#26 Posted by equanox214 (133 posts) -

lol wow*rolls eyes* why not just buy jedi academy or force unleashed

#27 Posted by locoidontknow (170 posts) -
[QUOTE="locoidontknow"]

[QUOTE="TwiztedMetal"]no you cant but you can customize the light sabers for the two you get.equanox214

lol wow*rolls eyes* why not just buy jedi academy or force unleashed

I retract the 2 statement. I just dont see why they would limit that capability in such a good fighting game.

#28 Posted by coochie_kuta (660 posts) -
it is a vaild complaint. you like what you like, make no apologies for that. its a small inconsistency but only if you view it as such.
#29 Posted by jsmoke03 (13107 posts) -
well it seems that lucasarts would do well to sign on namco to make a jedi fighting game....always loved the idea and it seems that it would really sell. namco knows fighting games...jedi's are made for fighting game
#30 Posted by jeremiah06 (7169 posts) -

No, its a huge difference between making a Jedi to play with on SC4 and playing a star wars game

#31 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -

TC seems very immature maybe 11 or 12. the star wars charaters are just an bonus add ons like soul calibur 2 i think with spawn on xbox and and zelda on gamecube and that tekken guy on ps2 (can't spell his name i forgot it but he was an oldish one) there not fully game charaters to apear in the series.

so its understandable plus soul calibur set in the 18th century i think, or in the past so futuristic battles are not the primary focus in the game so putting so many custom charaters as jedi would be very different and un normal for a soul calibur game like jedi fights with darth and the apprentices are not primary focus of the game so yeah tons of jedi fights would make it more of a focus on future and soul calibur is about past thats why they limit you with just the 2 jedi people. you know where i'm going with this