Can you download PSP games through PSN on your PS3 and play them on your PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts

I was wondering this because I own a PSP-1000 but the analog stick is broken and I want to be able to play MGS: PO and MGS: Peace Walker? Thanks for the help.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
No Edit: Except for PS1 Classics and minis
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CyleM
Damn alright, well I knew I could get a PSP Go and hook it up to the TV and play with my PS3 controller but I wasn't sure if I go play through PSN. Thanks
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Damn alright, well I knew I could get a PSP Go and hook it up to the TV and play with my PS3 controller but I wasn't sure if I go play through PSN. ThanksCyleM
You can play on your TV with a PSP slim as well (not just a GO)...I play with my Madden blue slim on my TV -I would not get one (a GO) b/c some games are not being released on it
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CyleM
[QUOTE="CyleM"]Damn alright, well I knew I could get a PSP Go and hook it up to the TV and play with my PS3 controller but I wasn't sure if I go play through PSN. Thanksrawsavon
You can play on your TV with a PSP slim as well (not just a GO)...I play with my Madden blue slim on my TV -I would not get one (a GO) b/c some games are not being released on it

Well I only have a PSP-1000 and I don't really want to cough up the money for a new one and holding it for a long time feels uncomfortable after a while. I'd just prefer to play those games with my DualShock. I guess I'll have to suck it up if I really want to play those two games.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="CyleM"]Damn alright, well I knew I could get a PSP Go and hook it up to the TV and play with my PS3 controller but I wasn't sure if I go play through PSN. ThanksCyleM

Well I only have a PSP-1000 and I don't really want to cough up the money for a new one and holding it for a long time feels uncomfortable after a while. I'd just prefer to play those games with my DualShock. I guess I'll have to suck it up if I really want to play those two games.

I was saying that you could get a slim PSP used for waaay less than a Go and play it on your TV with your PS3 Controller -I have done that. Though I usually play my PSP in the bathroom
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CyleM
[QUOTE="CyleM"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] You can play on your TV with a PSP slim as well (not just a GO)...I play with my Madden blue slim on my TV -I would not get one (a GO) b/c some games are not being released on itrawsavon

I was saying that you could get a slim PSP used for waaay less than a Go and play it on your TV with your PS3 Controller -I have done that. Though I usually play my PSP in the bathroom

Hmm, I didn't know you could use your PS3 controller on the older models due to bluetooth. But I guess I could plug it in using the USB, I might try that out.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="CyleM"] Well I only have a PSP-1000 and I don't really want to cough up the money for a new one and holding it for a long time feels uncomfortable after a while. I'd just prefer to play those games with my DualShock. I guess I'll have to suck it up if I really want to play those two games.CyleM

Hmm, I didn't know you could use your PS3 controller on the older models due to bluetooth. But I guess I could plug it in using the USB, I might try that out.

Yes. You have to use the USB
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rawsavon
Only works with the slim, not the Phat though...as far as I know. Maybe someone else here can confirm
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CyleM
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Only works with the slim, not the Phat though...as far as I know. Maybe someone else here can confirm

Sounds good, thanks man for the help.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Only works with the slim, not the Phat though...as far as I know. Maybe someone else here can confirmCyleM
Sounds good, thanks man for the help.

No problem :)
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

If you want to play a psp game, you must play it on a psp. thats all there is to it. you can play PSoneClassics game on a ps3 if you download it from the psn (or copy it over from your psp), because the ps1 classics say ps3/psp for platform. but games that are listed as psp platform are not compatible with a ps3. but that is it as far as I understand, If your analog stick is broken, you'll either A) need to fix it, or B) get a new psp. The ps3 controllers are not wired (bluetooth only), and the psp doesn't have an external controller port. the usb port is only for charging and transfering files.

if you do find a way to play a psp game on a psp1000/2000/3000 with a ps3 controller , or on a ps3, please share.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rawsavon

If you want to play a psp game, you must play it on a psp. thats all there is to it. you can play PSoneClassics game on a ps3 if you download it from the psn (or copy it over from your psp), because the ps1 classics say ps3/psp for platform. but games that are listed as psp platform are not compatible with a ps3. but that is it as far as I understand, If your analog stick is broken, you'll either A) need to fix it, or B) get a new psp. The ps3 controllers are not wired (bluetooth only), and the psp doesn't have an external controller port. the usb port is only for charging and transfering files.

if you do find a way to play a psp game on a psp1000/2000/3000 with a ps3 controller , or on a ps3, please share.

Talldude80
You can play psp games on your tv with your PS3 controller -it is a pain in the ass, but you can -just look up Resistance Retribution and Resistance 2...RR becomes a different game when using the PS3 controller (a FPS instead of third person)
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

[QUOTE="Talldude80"]

rawsavon

You can play psp games on your tv with your PS3 controller -it is a pain in the ass, but you can -just look up Resistance Retribution and Resistance 2...RR becomes a different game when using the PS3 controller (a FPS instead of third person)

thats just 1 game though. and it requires the ps3 and resistance for BOTH consoles. i think it works by the psp being connected to the ps3, and the ps3 controller is still connecting to the ps3 also.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon
[QUOTE="Talldude80"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="Talldude80"]

thats just 1 game though. and it requires the ps3 and resistance for BOTH consoles. i think it works by the psp being connected to the ps3, and the ps3 controller is still connecting to the ps3 also.

I thought you could for all games...but I could be wrong I know there are component cables to hook your PSP up to your tv to play...I just figured you could use your PS3 controller with remote play. I have never tried with any game besides RR Hmmm....seems we need an expert. Or I will try when I get home from work today
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
The only PSP system that supports using a PS3 controller is the PSP Go. I use it quite often, though now that I"ve tried it with my 2000, it's not so bad to hold when you don't have to look at the PSP screen.
ssz1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ssz1234
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Yes you can but how i'dont now

Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts