Can you delete the old ps3 update?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by userunknown11 (176 posts) -

Like the psp you have to download an update from time to time. it think it gives more security and features. how can i delete the update from my ps3 once its already downloaded?

#2 Posted by mistergamer2006 (988 posts) -
i dont get ur question... wen u upgrade ur firmware after it gets installed its automatically deleted... unless ur talking about "down"grading ur firmware... tht isnt possible and i think its against the "Terms of Agreement" i thnk
#3 Posted by tdavis20050 (351 posts) -
Once you update, just like the psp, you cannot downgrade(not sony approved anyway).
#4 Posted by userunknown11 (176 posts) -
oh so it gets automatic delet after download. i dont wnat to down grade the psp downgrade to use hacks in online games. i can delete the psp firmware after the download
#5 Posted by lalaksa19 (4 posts) -
Ya im tyring to find out the same thing,If i do, i will have less security and can do a infinte xp and money glitch in fallout 3
#6 Posted by slyr114 (736 posts) -
if u need a glitch to be good at f3 then ur just sad lalaksa, i mean its soooo easy to lvl up and get money normal im only lvl 14 and have like 3000 caps with no glitches or anything just normal playing, i mean its an easy game even on hard. btw if u do want to do those things its not a ps3 update its a game update which u can delete by going into gamedata not savedata and deleting the update file
#7 Posted by xbox3602009 (2 posts) -

dear sir,

i have already ps3 3.50 update version but i want 3.41 or 3.40 version so tell how i can install my previous version on ps3

#8 Posted by evilmaster2424 (2060 posts) -

dear sir,

i have already ps3 3.50 update version but i want 3.41 or 3.40 version so tell how i can install my previous version on ps3

xbox3602009
its not posible. the only way to get those would be to find them online and download them to a flashdrive adn then installit on your ps3 off the flashdrive. but i can assure u that if you do that the ps3wont allow you to install it beause its an outdated version. and really whats the point of downgrading tthe ps3 anyway
#9 Posted by ctscott (1 posts) -
how do delete my older ps3 update v 3.50 so i can update the newest version 3.55.
#10 Posted by BattleSpectre (6128 posts) -

how do delete my older ps3 update v 3.50 so i can update the newest version 3.55.ctscott
These level 1's are getting on my nerves. :roll:

This topic was created back in 2008 dude, don't bump.

#11 Posted by Promised_Trini (3624 posts) -

[QUOTE="ctscott"]how do delete my older ps3 update v 3.50 so i can update the newest version 3.55.BattleSpectre

These level 1's are getting on my nerves. :roll:

This topic was created back in 2008 dude, don't bump.

Your not alone..Man I find it annoying.

#12 Posted by david_lck (3198 posts) -
As mentioned in the TOU, please do not bump old threads.