Can someone answer this for me.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by brimmul777 (1046 posts) -

I will eventually get the PS4 sometime in the later future,so my question is for the PSN,will their be a cost to be online or to play games for the PS4 on the PSN.Thank you for anybody to answer my question.

#2 Edited by dipdish (858 posts) -

@brimmul777 said:

I will eventually get the PS4 sometime in the later future,so my question is for the PSN,will their be a cost to be online or to play games for the PS4 on the PSN.Thank you for anybody to answer my question.

It's claimed that PS+ subscription is required to play online multiplayer.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68841 posts) -

If you want to play regular games you need ps+ for it. But you can still play stuff like Netflix or even go to the PSN store if you want for free. You can also enjoy Free-to-play online games like DC Universe Online and Blacklight Retribution for example

#4 Posted by Wallyh08 (535 posts) -

You need a PS+ subscription to play games online (e.g. FIFA, BF4 ect), though you do get 14 days free in the PS4 box

#5 Edited by Stormtrooper224 (14 posts) -

I think you have to buy PS+ to play on multiplayer, not sure though mate.

#6 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68841 posts) -

I think you have to buy PS+ to play on multiplayer, not sure though mate.

Yeah you need it, but not for F2P games though

#7 Posted by Tqricardinho (340 posts) -

5€ a month

#8 Posted by TheTenth10 (3031 posts) -

It's a bit more complex though, it's the game publisher that decides how it works, so there's special cases like Planetside 2, DCUO won't require PS+ - those work with microtransactions and I guess Sony will take a share of what the game earns with that ; I believe subscription games like FFXIV will not require PS+ either.