Can I use my PC power cord with my PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tiberiusbig (988 posts) -

Hey guys.

So I misplaced my PS3 power cord, and just need to know if I can use my PC's power cord with it. Theres no inline power box on the cord, it's just a plain old black cord. My only concern is that on the bottom of the PS3 (its a fat one) it says 120V and 3.6A, but on the black cord near the connector it says 250v, 10A. will this fry my ps3?

#2 Posted by anzelm (899 posts) -

Yes you can.

I gave this tip to a friend of mine who bought a north american ps3 which have a different power cord compared to us in sweden. Their ps3 work just fine.

#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (6687 posts) -

Yes you can.

I gave this tip to a friend of mine who bought a north american ps3 which have a different power cord compared to us in sweden. Their ps3 work just fine.

anzelm

Couldn't it cause problems in the long run tho?

#4 Posted by Ilikemyname420 (5146 posts) -

[QUOTE="anzelm"]

Yes you can.

BattleSpectre

They are identical. The PS3 uses a standard PC cord.
#5 Posted by BattleSpectre (6687 posts) -

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

[QUOTE="anzelm"]

Yes you can.

Ilikemyname420

They are identical. The PS3 uses a standard PC cord.

Cool, I didn't know :P

#6 Posted by gp19 (4247 posts) -
I've been doing it for quite a while with no problems... don't worry.
#7 Posted by Sgt_Phan (819 posts) -

yea its kooli have no problem using mine because i wanted my cable to be really long.