Can I place a ps4 vertically next to ps3?

#1 Edited by MDK12345 (1350 posts) -

So I have a 60 gb ps3 and I play it vertically all the time. My question is if I get a ps4 and place it vertical next to my ps3. Would one system get too hot when the other is on? Like if I turned my ps3 on and my ps4 was off would my ps4 not like the heat? Now keep in mind when I play ps3 I slide the system out 6 inches forward to get air since they are under a shelf layer. But if I had both would one not appreciate the indirect heat?

#2 Posted by LordFuhnee (20 posts) -

@mdk12345: The PS4 gets very hot when playing intense games. If you had some space between the two consoles it should be ok, but I don't know how it would affect the PS3 if it was right next to it, like actually touching it. Probably won't be much of an issue but heat is the enemy to electronics.

#3 Posted by MDK12345 (1350 posts) -

I'm saying if they are 3-5 inches apart

#4 Edited by juboner (467 posts) -

If one system is on the heat from it should not affect the one that is turned off. I just wouldnt have them touching each other of course. The heat from the system that is on will not penetrate the other consoles plastic case, basically its a non issue.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@mdk12345: I would perhaps buy a stand for it if you want to place them next to each other tbh. Because i tried putting two consoles next to each other and they get very hot even though only one is on

#6 Posted by guitarpete462 (8 posts) -

I have mine vertical next to each other without stands. Shouldn't be a problem!

#7 Posted by MDK12345 (1350 posts) -

@guitarpete462 said:

I have mine vertical next to each other without stands. Shouldn't be a problem!

That's what I 'll do then when I do get PS4

#8 Edited by cyloninside (615 posts) -

the instructions for the PS4 specifically say NOT to place the system vertically. plus there are no rubber footies on either end of the system so it is pretty clear it wasnt designed to be placed vertically like the PS2 or PS3.

#9 Edited by MDK12345 (1350 posts) -

@cyloninside said:

the instructions for the PS4 specifically say NOT to place the system vertically. plus there are no rubber footies on either end of the system so it is pretty clear it wasnt designed to be placed vertically like the PS2 or PS3.

Jesus now I'm confused. How do people own multiple consoles with all these rules?

#10 Posted by robertjcross (4 posts) -
@cyloninside said:

That's BS, Sony sells a vertical stand for the PS4.

#11 Posted by MDK12345 (1350 posts) -

@robertjcross said:
@cyloninside said:

But does it say in instructions specifically NOT to place the system vertically?

#12 Posted by cyloninside (615 posts) -
@robertjcross said:
@cyloninside said:

did i say they didnt? no... i said it wasnt designed to be placed vertically.... and clearly if you need a stand in order to do it, then i am correct.

#13 Posted by MDK12345 (1350 posts) -

@cyloninside said:
@robertjcross said:
@cyloninside said:

did i say they didnt? no... i said it wasnt designed to be placed vertically.... and clearly if you need a stand in order to do it, then i am correct.

Okay but if I get the stand, it's ok then right?

#14 Posted by Neonakaa (79 posts) -

There should be no problem if you have some space, they both get very, very hot while playing.

#15 Edited by cyloninside (615 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

@cyloninside said:
@robertjcross said:
@cyloninside said:

Okay but if I get the stand, it's ok then right?

im guessing so... if you buy the official one.

#16 Posted by Nitro73 (22 posts) -

I have mine vertical, and I haven't (crossed fingers) had any issues with it. I also have a PS3 next to it, and they are both behind my television. I do recommend a stand for it, just in case, but the PS4 doesn't seem to necessarily NEED it. You should be fine, as long as one is off.