Can I get a 2TB PS4 hard drive at Best Buy?...

frankmcma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 frankmcma
Member since 2004 • 184 Posts

Looking to upgrade my PS4 ..probably 2TB..Amazon has several but I'd like to just go to Best Buy and get one. Has anyone upgraded their PS4 with a BB drive? What model? How is it working? Thanks!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@frankmcma:

If its 2.5" probably.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@frankmcma said:

Looking to upgrade my PS4 ..probably 2TB..Amazon has several but I'd like to just go to Best Buy and get one. Has anyone upgraded their PS4 with a BB drive? What model? How is it working? Thanks!

There are two different ways to upgrade. You can go for pure storage (2TB), and usually people say in the Amazon reviews if it works for the PS4 (if you're unsure). Or if you want your PS4 to load games a decent chunk faster, you should get a 1TB Hybrid drive (~$80), it'll give you a nice boost and additional storage. I've got tons of full games installed and have 800GB+ remaining. I think speed is the way to go IMO

frankmcma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 frankmcma

Found one. Went to Best Buy and got this one:

Seagate 2TB SATA 6Gb/s Internal Drive Retail Kit 32 MB Cache 2.5-Inch Hard Disk Drive STBD2000102

It is available in stores and actually on sale now $20 off. Downloading the PS4 2.0 software and swapping the drive was EASY. Seriously..Sony designed this process to take like 10 minutes. Awesome. Highly recommended. I now have, after system storage, 1.7 TB of free space.

With games now hitting past 50GB+ I highly recommend upgrading the internal drive to 2TB. So worth it.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

... I realize you found one but kind of a silly question when you could either call them or look up their sites sales info.

frankmcma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frankmcma

Sorry. I'll stop posting silly questions. Not sure what got into me.